One word. | The Boneyard

One word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're right can't stop there. But I'll finish there.

This was not a game that was overmatched. This was not a game where we didn't have a chance. This WAS a game, where the offensive side of the ball needed to take control on the field, enough to help the special teams and defense, so that the team could win.

The offense, from Pasqualoni, to Deleone, to Day, to Foley, to Holmes, to Cerosimo, did I miss any of them? down through the players, Charlie Whitman (yes the name tape on the helmet is back on - I warned you all last week, that all this kid did against UMass, was warrant getting the name tag taken off the helmet - he's got tools to work with, but needs A LOT of work diagnosing defenses - through the offensive line, the receivers? If there was a strength on this offense today - it was the receivers, and the running backs.

All of them should be embarrassed, for themselves, for their teammates, for every fan in that stadium today..... (what a sun-shower day- talk about if you don't lke the weather - wait 10 minutes...)

and the fan support today? Through every painful moment of embarrasment?

Was fantastic.

but anyway - for themselves, for their teammates, for their university, for their conference, for their fans in the stadium that stayed to the bitter end, when the D simply could not do anymore.

Embarrassed.

Theres' only one thing you can do. Put it in the rear view mirror as a team, and work your asses off harder than ever, to prove that wasnt' who you are, and redeem yourselves.

Because next week is............Maryland.

and I don't want to be....

Embarrassed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The only way someone could call that crowd fantastic was if they had never been to a stadium that has a legitimate fanbase. Fantastic at leaving at half time? Fantastic at throwing in towel at 10-0? I know there is so much to do in Connecticut that you can't possibly stay until 3:30, there must be an apple harvest or library book sale to get to.

Reaction Score
You're right can't stop there. But I'll finish there.

This was not a game that was overmatched. This was not a game where we didn't have a chance. This WAS a game, where the offensive side of the ball needed to take control on the field, enough to help the special teams and defense, so that the team could win.

The offense, from Pasqualoni, to Deleone, to Day, to Foley, to Holmes, to Cerosimo, did I miss any of them? down through the players, Charlie Whitman (yes the name tape on the helmet is back on - I warned you all last week, that all this kid did against UMass, was warrant getting the name tag taken off the helmet - he's got tools to work with, but needs A LOT of work diagnosing defenses - through the offensive line, the receivers? If there was a strength on this offense today - it was the receivers, and the running backs.

All of them should be embarrassed, for themselves, for their teammates, for every fan in that stadium today..... (what a sun-shower day- talk about if you don't lke the weather - wait 10 minutes...)

and the fan support today? Through every painful moment of embarrasment?

Was fantastic.

but anyway - for themselves, for their teammates, for their university, for their conference, for their fans in the stadium that stayed to the bitter end, when the D simply could not do anymore.

Embarrassed.

Theres' only one thing you can do. Put it in the rear view mirror as a team, and work your asses off harder than ever, to prove that wasnt' who you are, and redeem yourselves.

Because next week is............Maryland.

and I don't want to be....

Embarrassed.

Knew you couldn't keep it just to one word, knew it.

Reaction Score
The only way someone could call that crowd fantastic was if they had never been to a stadium that has a legitimate fanbase. Fantastic at leaving at half time? Fantastic at throwing in towel at 10-0? I know there is so much to do in Connecticut that you can't possibly stay until 3:30, there must be an apple harvest or library book sale to get to.
Fans left at 10-7 with 3 minutes left ! WTF

Reaction Score

You would write some garbage like that, after the fan atmosphere at the stadium today, with what was happening on the field, with everybody looking at their phones at the radar with tornado watches and hail storms going through that managed to bypass the stadium - and the absolute major effect that crowd from start to finish, and were just begging to have somethign positive happen on offense.

Raincloud eyeore. You were definitely walking around doing laps today, b/c I got rained on about two dozen times, even when the sun was shining on me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You would write some garbage like that, after the fan atmosphere at the stadium today, with what was happening on the field, with everybody looking at their phones at the radar with tornado watches and hail storms going through that managed to bypass the stadium - and the absolute major effect that crowd from start to finish, and were just begging to have somethign positive happen on offense.

Raincloud eyeore. You were definitely walking around doing laps today, b/c I got rained on about two dozen times, even when the sun was shining on me.

LOL you are delusional. Yeah people left because they were afraid a tornado was going to take us to Oz.

Reaction Score
I think the crowd support, from opeining whistle, to final, - enduring the complete embarrassment from start to finish that was our offense today, was fantastic.

you all want to disagree? that's fine.

Reaction Score

He's wrong how?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You make me not want to write here anymore.

Is that a threat? Someone disagrees with you - it must be so hard to go on.

The crowd was the same as it always is. Arrives late, leaves early - bails on the team at the first sign of adversity. That's the fan base - trying to pretend the crowd cloaked themselves in glory and inspired the defense to great heights is ridiculous.

The 15 people behind me who bailed at 10-0 spent the entire game calling for the coaching staff's heads on pikes.

What is your problem with reality?

Reaction Score

Were you at the game? Because if not, I can save you the time and explain the problem: it was humid as ducking hell. I mean, just horrible. After drinking all morning, sitting in 85 degree temperatures with 1000% humidity and off and on rain, it's just grueling. Honestly I felt like someone had built a machine simply to drag the energy out of me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Were you at the game? Because if not, I can save you the time and explain the problem: it was humid as ducking hell. I mean, just horrible. After drinking all morning, sitting in 85 degree temperatures with 1000% humidity and off and on rain, it's just grueling. Honestly I felt like someone had built a machine simply to drag the energy out of me.

Uh yeah, I was there. It was hot. It barely rained. Are you defending people leaving because they were tired because it was 85 and sprinkled a handful of times?

Reaction Score
Uh yeah, I was there. It was hot. It barely rained. Are you defending people leaving because they were tired because it was 85 and sprinkled a handful of times?

No, I am saying that as loud as I wanted to be on 3rd downs, I felt like I was dying, is all. So I don't blame people for being lethargic.

People leaving, on the other hand, well.. yeah... that just sucks, heh.

Reaction Score
I think the crowd support, from opeining whistle, to final, - enduring the complete embarrassment from start to finish that was our offense today, was fantastic.

you all want to disagree? that's fine.
I actually went and looked up the definition. If by fantastic you mean "bizarre or based on or existing only in fantasy; unreal", then I agree with your statement. If you meant "wonderful or superb; remarkable", well then I think we saw different games.

I was there, beginning to end, and the fan support (I'm just counting the people that were actually at the game - not the 7k +/- empty seats - that's a different story) was intermittent at best. At times it was okay, at others....not so much.

I actually saw a woman lying down on one of the bleachers, sleeping (she was on her back, back of head on balled up jacket, hat pulled down over her eyes, and she stayed in that position for a good 15 minutes. Top it off, about 6 rows below her was a group of about 8 taking up three rows of bleachers, sitting in a "sort of" circle, "chatting" as the game was going on, with 3 of them in the row in front turned and looking up at their friends in the row above. I give them a pass b/c 3 of the 5 girls were smoking hot, and 4 of the 5 actually wore blue (the 5th, the hottest, was in a white tank - she represented well).

Reaction Score
My daughter and I had a great time laughing at the grown men who kept running for cover every time the 2 minute showers came. If we had a 2 minute drill that executed that way we would have won the game.

To everyone who wants to hammer the crowds that actually show up I agree leaving any time before the fourth quarter is just silly but it pays the bills. You're all much better fans and deserve a prize. But if we showed some progress on offense this year that would hardly be an afterthought for me. I'm just plain PO'd at what I saw and hoping the coaches have the common sense to come to some of the same conclusions we've seen on the board in the last 24 hrs. Despite the bickering this is the closest to a consensus I've ever seen here on many fronts. Great points on other threads but you've got to hope stubbornly implementing the same plan won't take down a good guy like coach P. A 4 year horizon to get this moving doesn't do it for me and I suspect lots of fans and our AD.

We are not here simply to train guys for the NFL. It's about winning.

Reaction Score
My daughter and I had a great time laughing at the grown men who kept running for cover every time the 2 minute showers came. If we had a 2 minute drill that executed that way we would have won the game.

I have to say that was the weirdest thing. It would rain a little at various times, and throngs of people would be running to the stairs to get to cover. I was like, WTF? It was pretty funny.

Reaction Score
When it comes to football Conn. fans are literally and figuratively fair-weather fans. Would bet if we had Sunday's weather maybe 1-2 k more. Seen a small upgrade in marketing since Manuel started but need to ramp up those efforts.

But on the other hand college football hurting a lot of other places fan wise. Saw lots of empty seats in many places.

Reaction Score
No, I am saying that as loud as I wanted to be on 3rd downs, I felt like I was dying, is all. So I don't blame people for being lethargic.

People leaving, on the other hand, well.. yeah... that just sucks, heh.

So you are saying you were only loud for about 25% of the game? What about 1st down? What about 2nd down? Punts? Field goal attempts? Kickoffs? Until we have fans that can sustain noise for an ENTIRE 60 minutes (yes it is possible), we won't have a home field advantage. RGIII said we had one of the coolest places to play in the country after playing here on a Friday night. I'm starting to think he only remembers a portion of that game cause he got his bell rung so many times.

Reaction Score

I can't tell if you are being serious or not... Please clarify so I know how to respond appropriately.

Reaction Score

The crowd was mediocre today. It wasn't the least enthusiastic I have seen, and the weather and lack of O didn't help, but we've seen much better. Given that this was a decent ACC opponent and everything else, I did expect more and was disappointed it wasn't more. But it wasn't terrible either.

pj

Reaction Score
Presumably, you mean you're embarassed about your position in thinking switching Deleone's and Foley's duties on personnel was a good thing?

If it shows them clearly where the problem lies, then the switch was a good thing, even if it didn't improve the line play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom