One way or another make a quick decision | The Boneyard

One way or another make a quick decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
None of this "I'll sit down with Paul and evaluate where we are" nonsense. Decision on whether he and/or GDL back should be made by Monday.
BTW nothing more depressing than watching the recruits walk out like the walking dead behind our bench at the end of the game . . . and loved the "See you in 2013" sign up on the stupid video board after the game

Reaction Score
Love your efforts, but you already know the answer. Lets hope they finaly realize McCoombs up the middle is not an option. That and if McCummings is not #2 as a QB make him a running back period......
The wildcat here is a joke........

Reaction Score
I think the decision was already made a long time ago. Coach P gets another year. I would put GDL at 50-50, but I think he stays as well.

Reaction Score
I think the decision was already made a long time ago. Coach P gets another year. I would put GDL at 50-50, but I think he stays as well.
do you think those are the correct decisions?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Yes, a quick decision is needed. If both HCPP and GDL are not gone by 12/31 then the Rock Star Warde needs to account for that. Warde does not impress me so far. The buzz is off those 2. The CT doofus media gives them cover however.
So mad.

Reaction Score
Yes, a quick decision is needed. If both HCPP and GDL are not gone by 12/31 then the Rock Star Warde needs to account for that. Warde does not impress me so far. The buzz is off those 2. The CT doofus media gives them cover however.
So mad.

If he's getting fired, fire him now. If there is no chance he is getting fired, announce it now. No good comes from a coach in limbo.

Reaction Score
bumping this to top every day around noon until AD makes a statement bump

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If he's getting fired, fire him now. If there is no chance he is getting fired, announce it now. No good comes from a coach in limbo.

He's not in limbo anywhere but in the minds of some fans. He isn't at risk, he was never at risk. P is the head coach and he'll choose the assistants.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think the only way PP goes is if Warde wants GDL out and PP says no.
yep, let's hope that Warde made that request.

Reaction Score
decision has been made regarding the head coach. The assistant coaching carousel doesn't start until roughly bowl season so even if DeLeone is gone we won't know it for a while. But he isn't. I thought it was possible that Manuel would make a move in an effort to re-energize th efan base and restore his credibility at least to some extent. But I guess not.

Reaction Score
He's not in limbo anywhere but in the minds of some fans. He isn't at risk, he was never at risk. P is the head coach and he'll choose the assistants.

Amazing media dynamic in this state. Consensus among media is P coming back, with the implication Manuel has told all these guys off the record that's the case. But amazing that the Monday after another crappy season not one of them has gotten a quote on the record from Manuel that P's return for 2013 is official. Horde has no trouble telling readers to f off but can't write something simple for the record SMH>

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Amazing media dynamic in this state. Consensus among media is P coming back, with the implication Manuel has told all these guys off the record that's the case. But amazing that the Monday after another crappy season not one of them has gotten a quote on the record from Manuel that P's return for 2013 is official. Horde has no trouble telling readers to f off but can't write something simple for the record SMH>

You can't see the obvious. They aren't going to make a statement he is returning because there was never any doubt he was returning and they don't want to even acknowledge the few hundred people screaming for blood.

I don't know what people don't get. His job wasn't in danger at 3-9 (0-7). Nevermind 5-7.

Reaction Score
Thank God I'm in total disconnect mode. This is going to be a long, long off season.

Hey Warde, USF gave Holtz a 3rd year. How'd that work out? USF is never coming back.

Thanks for allowing me to get a life Warde.

Reaction Score
I understand why Coach P is coming back. I might not like it, but I completely understand.

But explain to me how GDL will be back as O Coordinator. Want to reassign him? That is fine, have him be the tight ends coach. But how can you possibly choose to keep him as the O Coordinator. Makes zero sense. The lack of second half adjustments and points should be all anyone needs to see. Shameful, really.

Reaction Score
I understand why Coach P is coming back. I might not like it, but I completely understand.

But explain to me how GDL will be back as O Coordinator. Want to reassign him? That is fine, have him be the tight ends coach. But how can you possibly choose to keep him as the O Coordinator. Makes zero sense. The lack of second half adjustments and points should be all anyone needs to see. Shameful, really.

I'm still hopeful that GDL is reassigned, but I worry about how much influence P will allow him maintain. If I'm an OC worth a damn I sure as hell wouldn't want to walk into that situation.

Reaction Score
I'm still hopeful that GDL is reassigned, but I worry about how much influence P will allow him maintain. If I'm an OC worth a damn I sure as hell wouldn't want to walk into that situation.

I will be at a complete loss if GDL is not reassigned. Honestly. Coach P staying on? Not surprising at all, expected actually. But how in the world do you not reassign GDL after the way the O performed. Talent or no talent, how can you score so few second half points? It shows a coordinator with no ability to adjust after half time. Completely unacceptable.

He is Coach P's pal. Awesome. He has a wealth of knowledge. Cool. Make him the TE coach. That's it. Nothing else.

Reaction Score
....... The assistant coaching carousel doesn't start until roughly bowl season so even if DeLeone is gone we won't know it for a while......

Tell that to the UVA assistant coaches.

I have resigned myself to the fact that WM will do the easy thing and give PP one more year. UConn will suck next year, but in the minds of CFB we suck anyway.

Please WM do something to get a buzz going in UConn FB. I would rather suck with a new coach and have some hope then suck with a drab old Dodge Dart called PP.

If you want to hear a positive coach listen to UNC's new guy - he comes across loud and clear and the faithful feel very comfortable with his leadership skills.

Reaction Score
You can't see the obvious. They aren't going to make a statement he is returning because there was never any doubt he was returning and they don't want to even acknowledge the few hundred people screaming for blood.

I don't know what people don't get. His job wasn't in danger at 3-9 (0-7). Nevermind 5-7.

There's more than 'a few hundred people' who follow UConn football who know the coach sucks and a few thousand who are not getting season tickets next year if he's still coach and/or GDL is in charge of the offense. Trust me, Warde Manuel will be approached and will respond on the record to a Blaudschun or a national college football writer if asked about PP's future.

And the 'I don't know what people don't get' line isn't cool either. if you want to give a reason - "no one fires anyone after two years", "UConn won't eat the buyout", "PP needs his players" - fine. Pick one, two, three or add your own. But implying ppl who want PP gone are both stupid and few in number is wrong on both counts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's more than 'a few hundred people' who follow UConn football who know the coach sucks and a few thousand who are not getting season tickets next year if he's still coach and/or GDL is in charge of the offense. Trust me, Warde Manuel will be approached and will respond on the record to a Blaudschun or a national college football writer if asked about PP's future.

And the 'I don't know what people don't get' line isn't cool either. if you want to give a reason - "no one fires anyone after two years", "UConn won't eat the buyout", "PP needs his players" - fine. Pick one, two, three or add your own. But implying ppl who want PP gone are both stupid and few in number is wrong on both counts.

For the love of God. I think P sucks. I wanted him fired the day after he was hired.

He is not getting fired. I don't know their reason - it's just a fact. I'm sorry that you can't grasp it.

You can start another thousand threads. It isn't going to change the reality of the situation.

I honestly don't know what you and some others don't get. It's clear. It's not happening. There is no further evidence needed.

Reaction Score
Last offseason I went into disconnect mode. Now I am just too mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom