One Stat Says it All | Page 3 | The Boneyard

One Stat Says it All

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
These are D1, power 5, scholarship players. We can assume they know how to shoot.

The awful comes from the shot selection and overconfidence.

If you want to take a wide open shot within the flow of the offense, one you've practiced a lot, go for it. No one will complain, even if you miss some.

Jack up a shot from anywhere because you were unaware of the time and score or you've been passing the ball around the perimeter, forgot to look at the shot clock, or decided it's me time, I'll make this, when you aren't the first or second option, then you'll get blasted.

This is partially Hurley's problem. He has 4 players of similar quality playing for 1.5 spots in the rotation. The pressure to show something is immense. He needs to convicne them that shooting is not the only thing that will earn more minutes. Cole had a huge defensive game. If he were 10% more controlled on offense, those FT would not have mattered at all.

Adams sees himself as potentially the odd man out, even if he is first off the bench and Martin thinks this is still mid-major ball.

I think Gaffney is the closest to playing within himself, but he is not a difference maker yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom