One Stat Says it All | The Boneyard

One Stat Says it All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bouk went 13 for 24 while carrying the offense. The three bigs, not asked to do much, combined for a competent 6 for 10.

The other 5 perimeter players (Cole, Gaffney, Adams, Martin, Jackson) shot a combined 5 for 33 from the floor. Five for friggin 33. Fifteen per cent.

The remarkable thing is we should have won the game in regulation. I give Cole credit for his D, and Martin for his rebouding, but if no one but Bouk can throw the ball into the Connecticut River from the dock this is going to be a tough season.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When I opened this thread, I expected to see only 9 assists on 74 points. We simply have to pass the ball better and get some better looks. We also sorely need some more fast break points.
Creighton’s bread and butter is getting back on D and not giving up easy looks

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We need to be like a gritty low possession team that destroys everyone on the boards and gets a bunch of second chance points. Bouknight can play that style extremely well too. This is what our roster says we are with guys like Martin, Sanogo, Carlton, Whaley. We just don’t have the shotmakers outside of Bouk.

Reaction Score
Just watching Marquette Xavier Seton Hall and Providence today as well as Creighton we are not going to destroy anyone on the boards in this conference. Everyone plays good defense. Gaffney and Cole had better get better at hitting open shots and free throws. And we have to hope Polley can get back to being a better threat from 3. Bouknight will be a marked man and teams will dare the rest to make a play.

Reaction Score
Just watching Marquette Xavier Seton Hall and Providence today as well as Creighton we are not going to destroy anyone on the boards in this conference. Everyone plays good defense. Gaffney and Cole had better get better at hitting open shots and free throws. And we have to hope Polley can get back to being a better threat from 3. Bouknight will be a marked man and teams will dare the rest to make a play.
Polley was horrible in the last two games and was a no show in todays game. He has to be one of the biggest disappointments thus far along with Ajax who looks absolutely lost out there.

Reaction Score
I know they had to pause team activities, but did this mean they couldn't even go to the gym and get up some shots?
I think I read they could go to the gym and shoot in groups of two.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bouk went 13 for 24 while carrying the offense. The three bigs, not asked to do much, combined for a competent 6 for 10.

The other 5 perimeter players (Cole, Gaffney, Adams, Martin, Jackson) shot a combined 5 for 33 from the floor. Five for friggin 33. Fifteen per cent.

The remarkable thing is we should have won the game in regulation. I give Cole credit for his D, and Martin for his rebouding, but if no one but Bouk can throw the ball into the Connecticut River from the dock this is going to be a tough season.

And you would think that we’d consider running some offense to get the ball inside to Whaley, Josh, Sanogo and Martin. We do it it a couple of times a game, and instead pull them outside for useless ball screens. The defense just ignores them and sits back.

This team should not be launching 20+ 3s a game. I really don’t get it. We can present mismatches inside with size against almost everyone. While I want us to run as much as possible, when in half court we need to play inside out.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score

This stat is the story of the game for sure. Not much else to discuss. Cole’s missed free throws were also critical. I like Martin, but must get more scoring from that position to compete with top 10 teams.

Reaction Score
I think I read they could go to the gym and shoot in groups of two.

I thought the group of 2 at a time was during quarantine but since they got back to practice last Sunday, they could have full practice with masks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Creighton’s bread and butter is getting back on D and not giving up easy looks
That was why we looked better playing a slightly slower game. We weren't getting the points of the break. We did best with a "hurry but don't rush" pace.

Reaction Score
And you would think that we’d consider running some offense to get the ball inside to Whaley, Josh, Sanogo and Martin. We do it it a couple of times a game, and instead pull them outside for useless ball screens. The defense just ignores them and sits back.

This team should not be launching 20+ 3s a game. I really don’t get it. We can present mismatches inside with size against almost everyone. While I want us to run as much as possible, when in half court we need to play inside out.

This. If no one but Bouk can get shots they can make in this offense, we need to play inside out a lot more. We didn't do it a lot, but were competent when he ball got into the low post. It has to happen more.

I don't want be too harsh. We feel just short against a good team after not just a 17 day break between games but our second total practice shut down of the season. I would have expected rust somewhere. But having said that, the shooting by everyone other than Bouk was scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom