one small step (win) leads to a giant leap | The Boneyard

one small step (win) leads to a giant leap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Throughout this year, it seemed a lot of "fans" may be "quitting" on the program.

The good news is neither the team or the coaches are made up of "quitters" . With the horrendous history the past few years, and the very disappointing start this year, the team didn't cash it in. That says a lot about the coaches, the players, and the often misunderstood "culture change".

The fans were impatient, but not the coaches or players.........I give them a "B"........nobody is perfect.

I left the game as many fans........soaked to the bone.........but with a very renewed positive faith in the coaches, players, and football program.

And here is another positive to digest. Four of my companions "quit" on the season so I had four tickets to offer for the game. A family (from N. Carolina) was coming up for home coming and needed three tickets. After a friendly discussion they suggested it might be hard to part with a single ticket.......so although they only needed 3, they took 4 at full price for "preferred seating".........and they also got soaked.

The team and coaches, despite tough adversity, took two small steps........ECU & UCF. With all the negatives they faced, they are about (in my opinion) to take a big leap for the program. Looking through a cloudy crystal ball.........how can I not expect the future to be bright. All because the coaches and players believed in each other and the program. They are not quitters ! For that I grade their character as an "A+".

Saturday's game could not have been any better for me to end this years participation as a fan. Unfortunately, I will be laid up 3-4 weeks after a major procedure next Wednesday...... and will not see any more games.

As a "fan" to a "fan" I ask that you learn from my mistake and impress on your loved ones that beeches and sun worship is a "devil in disguise" .......it catches up on you in later years.

Be good ! Happy holidays! And pray that UCFB can find fans that take a giant leap like the NC family......travel far to support the team.....no matter what.......... And that will be another giant leap for the program!

Reaction Score
This team showed flashes of what it could do offensively until last week. I think the game against ECU was the best complete game UConn played since Boise at the beginning of the season. Now that Whitmer/Davie has time to go throw their progressions/reads they have been able to the move the ball pretty well. I say once the run blocking gets caught up to the pass protection, there's no team in this conference we won't be able to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom