One seeds keep losing | The Boneyard

One seeds keep losing

Reaction Score
This thread is strangely short. When we’re deep in our misery it seems we want to stay there. Plus, having a really bad game or a bad stretch happens all the time. Not just to us. Maybe Houston needs to play with 3 bigs. Also, seems the rest of the Big 12 has figured Kansas out. Coach has to go

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This thread is strangely short. When we’re deep in our misery it seems we want to stay there. Plus, having a really bad game or a bad stretch happens all the time. Not just to us. Maybe Houston needs to play with 3 bigs. Also, seems the rest of the Big 12 has figured Kansas out. Coach has to go
Yeah but they all haven’t gone 1-4 in a 5 game stretch. Keeping it in context helps:p

Reaction Score
If Houston played the schedule we have they’d likely have 6-7 losses…they’re a good defensive team but limited on offense. I just call it how I see it. Purdue has also won a ridiculous number of 1 possession games, while I give them credit for the wins they aren’t as strong as their record shows

Reaction Score
Which shows you that college basketball is a long season with many high pressure games during the year and really tough environments on the road with raucous fan support. Some nights, teams, all teams, lay an egg, and many go through tough stretches during the season. The key is to adjust and learn from these stretches, finish strong and prepare for the year end tournaments….as we all know, once you make the tournament, your record, losing streaks that occur during the season now are All in the past… And if you finish strong and are prepared mentally in March, you can do good things… Look at North Carolina last year.

Reaction Score
Brackets will be busted early on… may see more 16, 15, & 14 taking down the big dogs.
Shocked Dog GIF by Scooby-Doo

Reaction Score
Going 14-0 and the best team in the country to losing 5 out of 6 games in the 4th best conference doesn't happen all the time.

Reaction Score
Going 14-0 and the best team in the country to losing 5 out of 6 games in the 4th best conference doesn't happen all the time.
Lost 4 of 5 in away games…. 3 of 5 against ranked teams, all away.

Butler at home, hopefully, was just what the doctor ordered.

Reaction Score
Yes, not the same level of losses, but the point is how we try to diagnose the problem immediately. I don’t have to call up the tens of wildly divergent threads all about what our “main” problem is. We aren’t doing that with Kansas and Houston because we don’t have a dysfunctional relationship with them like we do with Uconn. We see those losses as “just a skid” but when we lose, these boys and the staff get READ!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Losing to Temple at home has to be the worse loss for any ranked team

And before someone goes Boneyard on me, I don't know what all the losses are for every ranked team

Just sayin

caw

Reaction Score
Losing to Temple at home has to be the worse loss for any ranked team

And before someone goes Boneyard on me, I don't know what all the losses are for every ranked team

Just sayin

It's pretty close by NET. Northwestern State beating TCU appears to be one worse.

Reaction Score
Honest question...Do you think the portal movement has anything to do with the instability? Lots of good players dropped into new programs wanting to make a splash. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't??
Houston at home today to terrible Temple

KU gets blown out at home by TCU

UCLA loses to AZ

Everyone is losing, misery loves company :)

Reaction Score
Baylor made it 3 in a row for Kansas.

It's a good thing that there's no clear cut #1, field will be fairly wide open for a team which gets hot late. I would guess good year for a 5-7 seed to win!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom