One seeds keep losing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One seeds keep losing

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If we lose a max of one more regular season game and win the BET I think we can still get a 1

Reaction Score
Losing to Temple at home has to be the worse loss for any ranked team

And before someone goes Boneyard on me, I don't know what all the losses are for every ranked team

Just sayin

Nah willie. They beat Nova and Rutgers already and lost to the Johnnies by less than we did. Actually watched some of that game, they aren't that bad at all. I'm not "going Boneyard on you" by the way LOL.:);)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Nah willie. They beat Nova and Rutgers already and lost to the Johnnies by less than we did. Actually watched some of that game, they aren't that bad at all. I'm not "going Boneyard on you" by the way LOL.:);)

OK

But they lost to Wagner, Penn, MD Eastern Shore, Vandy, Richmond, Tulane... you get my point

113 on Kenny's site, below Grand Canyon

126 Net Rankings, not sure they qualify for the CBI ;)

Anyhow, maybe they tend to play to their level of competition. Or maybe the Cougs never checked in, IDK

willie99

Reaction Score
Honest question...Do you think the portal movement has anything to do with the instability? Lots of good players dropped into new programs wanting to make a splash. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't??

Yes, the transfer portal is a big equalizer. Talented kids pick the best fit for themselves and many produce

Reaction Score
Honest question...Do you think the portal movement has anything to do with the instability? Lots of good players dropped into new programs wanting to make a splash. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't??
Definitely. Everyone focuses on the P5 loading up on all the top mid major guys, but the mid majors are also able to capitalize in the other direction. FAU has 3 P6 transfers including Jalen Gaffney. UMass has a bunch as well and is having a successful season for their standards. It helps for guys like that to be able to move down to an appropriate level and be able to contribute instead of Diggins and Gaffney being stuck here as the 13th man and never playing

Reaction Score
Baylor made it 3 in a row for Kansas.

It's a good thing that there's no clear cut #1, field will be fairly wide open for a team which gets hot late. I would guess good year for a 5-7 seed to win!
Not only has Kansas lost 3 in a row, they've been outscored in conference play:

Reaction Score
I think it’s a little surprising to see us as a 4 in a lot of different tournament projections. The analytics and NET ranking still favor us quite a bit. A win Wednesday would go a long way for a lot of different reasons. I think we’re firmly back in the conversation for a 2 seed if we beat X.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think it’s a little surprising to see us as a 4 in a lot of different tournament projections. The analytics and NET ranking still favor us quite a bit. A win Wednesday would go a long way for a lot of different reasons. I think we’re firmly back in the conversation for a 2 seed if we beat X.

Mid-January bracketologies are kind of useless.

The Big East is two games further into its conference schedule than the rest of the power conferences. We will see how that works out with the computer ratings at the end of the year, but it bumped a few programs like Providence and Seton Hall just for playing better competition while SEC, Big 10 and ACC teams were still padding their records with cupcakes.

You are right in that UConn just needs a quality win right now.

willie99

Reaction Score
Not only has Kansas lost 3 in a row, they've been outscored in conference play:

And we're 2-0 against that bum conference, even rolled their first place team

Oops, 2nd place team. That chart was deceptive

willie99

Reaction Score
Very fluid situation

willie99

Reaction Score
Did you know? There are only two one seeds now, Bama and Purdue. I wonder how that's going to impact the brackets?

And we blew Bama away

And we'd beat Purdue too, because they can't press us. ):)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Syracuse losing a close one in the last minute at home last night against UNC. There's another #1 seed potentially opening up.*

*NIT not NCAAT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom