One of the worst timeouts I've seen | The Boneyard

One of the worst timeouts I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I love Ollie and I still think this season has life... but whoever called that time out should be shot into the sun.

Reaction Score
He was trying to over compensate for his idiocy a few nights ago. Unfortunately, he still doesn't get it.

Reaction Score
I was surprised. The worst thing would be they tie the game, but would be very difficult without plan/play. Ollie gave them a a chance to plan and the guy threw a perfect pass, however the wrong person caught it. But the TO was costly even though the shot was missed.

Reaction Score
I HAVE to hope that they prepare for this scenario in practice and shouldn't need a time out unless its to make a personnel change.

Reaction Score
I didn't like it at all. Then again, we don't exactly have the smartest of UConn teams here. I suppose he didn't trust they would defend it properly.

Reaction Score
It's troubling, he's making some decisions I wouldn't even expect out of high school coaches. I don't understand it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We had just given up an easy three. He didn't want it to happen again.
There were a couple of easy threes for Memphis within the last 5 minutes.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I love Ollie too, but there are a couple of things that concern me. As someone already said, if the timeout was to say that they were going to foul, then I have no issue. But that doesn't appear to be the case. So, what bothers me is that in 3 of the 4 losses Ollie made really bad decisions. Syracuse he didn't foul down 3 with about 35 seconds on the clock. Best case scenario there is a missed 3 and a rebound to go the length of the court in under 5 seconds. Maryland there was the tech when they were down 2 or 3. Temple no foul given with 14 seconds and a foul to give. And then tonight. Dodged a bullet tonight, because it looked to me like we got away with a foul on that last shot. All in all though, I'll take the win.

Reaction Score
Just glad that Memphis player didn't nail that desperation heave & get fouled before the buzzer. This board would have imploded.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let me get this right: People are defending calling a time out which allowed Memphis to set up a 3 point attempt and move the ball with the clock stopped.

I'm sure Memphis can generate easy 3 point attempts with no time outs under their own basket with 2.3 seconds left.

If you were upset that Memphis got off easy threes prior how don't you see that calling timeout for their benefit only increases their chances of another one?

Reaction Score
Let me get this right: People are defending calling a time out which allowed Memphis to set up a 3 point attempt and move the ball with the clock stopped.

I'm sure Memphis can generate easy 3 point attempts with no time outs under their own basket with 2.3 seconds left.

If you were upset that Memphis got off easy threes prior how don't you see that calling timeout for their benefit only increases their chances of another one?
It worked.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If he didn't and Memphis hit a 3 people on here would be complaining about him not calling the TO

What does the reaction on the Boneyard have to do with making correct decisions?

That's less logical than Pal's result based analysis.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
theses tweets during this presser are annoying... ollie going 2 for 1, like it

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
ollie just said he wanted to foul on the catch

And they didn't foul on the catch. I think the same thing happened last game with Gibbs not fouling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom