One of My Favorite Games Ever | The Boneyard

One of My Favorite Games Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Loved it...

Purvis sending a fark you to all of us by hitting his shots, hitting his free throws, and playing with confidence again. That was one of the best in-game UConn dunks ever.

Phil played fantastic. Took his charge, played solid D, and stepped up and hit a J.

Boat yet again showed that he should go down as a UConn legend. Nobody, Bazz and Kemba included, has had to work harder to make plays and tonight he made every play.

DHam with an incredible stretch in the 2nd half to both stabilize and extend our lead. Two big 3's, a tough pull up, and he hit his free throws with confidence. Someone mentioned an Evan Turner comp. Right on with that.

HCC showing life like it can when all the stars align.

Only issues. For the love of God KO, can you please work on the inbounds and side out plays? It's beyond comical at this point just how poor we are at it. And if the last 2 minutes didn't indicate that we need another ballhandler, then I'm not sure what will.

Reaction Score
Spot on boog on in bounds plays. And let's keep it out of TSam's hands down there on the other end when being pressed. If he didn't scare the crap out of you when pressured you are a cold SOB!

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Spot on boog on in bounds plays. And let's keep it out of TSam's hands down there on the other end when being pressed. If he didn't scare the crap out of you when pressured you are a cold SOB!

I thought the play coming out of a TO where everybody stood still 50 feet from the ball for five seconds and then broke open on 7 was sheer brilliance. No live ball turnover that leads to points - instead we got to set our D. And we didn't waste any energy trying to get open and stuff.

That's thinking outside the box.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It was a statement game. As several other have mentioned in other threads, this game got a monkey off the team's back.

Also, it was one of the few games against a top team where UConn got a lead and kept it for an extended period of time. Too many times this year UConn would work to get an 8-10 point lead only to give it up in a minute. Not today. They got the lead and kept the lead.

Reaction Score
I thought the play coming out of a TO where everybody stood still 50 feet from the ball for five seconds and then broke open on 7 was sheer brilliance. No live ball turnover that leads to points - instead we got to set our D. And we didn't waste any energy trying to get open and stuff.

That's thinking outside the box.

I've been watching bball for 30 years. Never seen the purposeful 5 second call before. Chap-like genius right there.

Reaction Score
Loved it...

Purvis sending a fark you to all of us by hitting his shots, hitting his free throws, and playing with confidence again. That was one of the best in-game UConn dunks ever.

Phil played fantastic. Took his charge, played solid D, and stepped up and hit a J.

Boat yet again showed that he should go down as a UConn legend. Nobody, Bazz and Kemba included, has had to work harder to make plays and tonight he made every play.

DHam with an incredible stretch in the 2nd half to both stabilize and extend our lead. Two big 3's, a tough pull up, and he hit his free throws with confidence. Someone mentioned an Evan Turner comp. Right on with that.

HCC showing life like it can when all the stars align.

Only issues. For the love of God KO, can you please work on the inbounds and side out plays? It's beyond comical at this point just how poor we are at it. And if the last 2 minutes didn't indicate that we need another ballhandler, then I'm not sure what will.
It was definitely a great game, the best of the season. But I think you forget how many times Kemba put that entire team on his back, in both the BE and NCAA tourneys. Boat played solid today, but wasn't the only reason we won. But you're basking in the glow of a long-awaited big win this year, I can't fault you for that.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've been watching bball for 30 years. Never seen the purposeful 5 second call before. Chap-like genius right there.
It was the only time I screamed at the TV today, so progress I guess.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
I thought the play coming out of a TO where everybody stood still 50 feet from the ball for five seconds and then broke open on 7 was sheer brilliance. No live ball turnover that leads to points - instead we got to set our D. And we didn't waste any energy trying to get open and stuff. That's thinking outside the box.

KO is an innovator.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Great win, but unless you started watching UConn basketball 4 months ago, I have to question your all time list.

I would tend to agree, but this season has featured some pretty subpar basketball that's making today's win look phenomenal in comparison.

Reaction Score
Today was the first time in my life I bet against uconn and could have won a lot of money. Never thougt they would win but I'm happy they won, but if they blow this and don't beat Memphis and temple then they might as well have lost today as well and let me collect a little.

Reaction Score
It was the only time I screamed at the TV today, so progress I guess.
You didn't scream for the Purvis dunk? Where's your commitment.

Reaction Score
Today was the first time in my life I bet against uconn and could have won a lot of money. Never thougt they would win but I'm happy they won, but if they blow this and don't beat Memphis and temple then they might as well have lost today as well and let me collect a little.
No one cares about your gambling losses. Root for your team.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You didn't scream for the Purvis dunk? Where's your commitment.
That was more of an "OOOOOhhh", where the inbounds play was more of a "WTF are you doing?"

Reaction Score
Great win, but unless you started watching UConn basketball 4 months ago, I have to question your all time list.

It's a fave bc of how we've played this year. A fave bc a much maligned player stepped up huge in our biggest game of the year. A fave bc we finally beat a team that has owned us for two years. The team finally played with passion, confidence, and truly had fun. Is it more memorable than a deep tourney game? Of course not. But in a season that has been a struggle, it is a huge moment.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's a fave bc of how we've played this year. A fave bc a much maligned player stepped up huge in our biggest game of the year. A fave bc we finally beat a team that has owned us for two years. The team finally played with passion, confidence, and truly had fun. Is it more memorable than a deep tourney game? Of course not. But in a season that has been a struggle, it is a huge moment.

I'm well aware of all of that. Just pointing out you said ever not and not this season.

Quite frankly this isn't Top 10 of the past 16 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom