One notch I want for UConn | The Boneyard

One notch I want for UConn

Reaction Score
Beyond #7, beyond another regular season BE title and BET win which are all clearly top 3 in that order I want, as a DISTANT 4th, one specific OOC victory some day, beat Kansas! UConn is 0-4 vs Kansas. Got absolutely drubbed in the mid 90s, 88-59 followed the next year by a respectable 74-66. There was the 8 vs 1 game where UConn lost 73-61 and most recently 69-65. I don't care when or where, I want a shot at Kansas, time to get that monkey off UConns back.

Beyond the obvious, what notch do you want for UConn?

Reaction Score
First I wanted to have one NC ✅

...then I wanted to have multiple NCs ✅

...then I wanted to have as many NCs as Kansas ✅

...then I wanted to have more NCs than Kansas and go even with Duke ✅

...then I wanted to have more NCs than Duke and go even with UNC ✅

...now I want to have more NCs than UNC and go even with Kentucky

...then 9 NCs to best UK

...then 12 NCs to best UCLA

...then I'll die happy.

Reaction Score
Confused Messed Up GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Reaction Score
Losing to Kansas prolly helped us a lot this year. Allen environment is a great experience for a road team to feel the heat. Invaluable. Kansas 1st half defense was some of the best I've seen against Uconn.

2023 biggest shot moment of the year. Hawkins missing from 3 in the BE tournament. Not the 3 by Hawkins up 5 in the finals as we were still up 5.

2024 biggest shot of the year - missed 3 against Kansas by Cam with the game on the line. We were never in any meaningful close games all year.

Both guys turned tough moments into Championship success.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Beyond #7, beyond another regular season BE title and BET win which are all clearly top 3 in that order I want, as a DISTANT 4th, one specific OOC victory some day, beat Kansas! UConn is 0-4 vs Kansas. Got absolutely drubbed in the mid 90s, 88-59 followed the next year by a respectable 74-66. There was the 8 vs 1 game where UConn lost 73-61 and most recently 69-65. I don't care when or where, I want a shot at Kansas, time to get that monkey off UConns back.

Beyond the obvious, what notch do you want for UConn?

I could give less of a crap about Kansas.

Give us Castle this year or Kirk King and Ricky in the 90s and we’re 2-2.

I really do not care.

I want to win 32 national championships. You can have Kansas.

Reaction Score
Losing to Kansas prolly helped us a lot this year. Allen environment is a great experience for a road team to feel the heat. Invaluable. Kansas 1st half defense was some of the best I've seen against Uconn.

2023 biggest shot moment of the year. Hawkins missing from 3 in the BE tournament. Not the 3 by Hawkins up 5 in the finals as we were still up 5.

2024 biggest shot of the year - missed 3 against Kansas by Cam with the game on the line. We were never in any meaningful close games all year.

Both guys turned tough moments into Championship success.
We were nowhere near the team we became when we played KU. To think that game was two bad feet on Cam and a front rim 3 from winning at Allen just shows how superior we actually were. If we had played them at any time after Jan 1 Uconn wins going away even at Allen.

Reaction Score
We were nowhere near the team we became when we played KU. To think that game was two bad feet on Cam and a front rim 3 from winning at Allen just shows how superior we actually were. If we had played them at any time after Jan 1 Uconn wins going away even at Allen.
And don’t forget , we had no castle either. Crazy

Reaction Score
I want #7 to be versus Duke. I want the camera to cut to confetti falling on Calhoun standing next to Rod Sellers, Johnnie Selvie, Jerome Dyson, Tony Robertson and Caron.
I want Duke to fall into irrelevance like the Canadian citrus and doesn’t sniff success as long as I’m alive. Also beating Kansas would be nice.

Reaction Score
I want #7 to be versus Duke. I want the camera to cut to confetti falling on Calhoun standing next to Rod Sellers, Johnnie Selvie, Jerome Dyson, Tony Robertson and Caron.
....and Chris Smith.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I would like #7 to be against whoever because Duke lost in the first round to St. Ignatius School of Mines.

We already beat Duke in a title game. No need to do it again.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I want 10-20 years of being preseason top 5 just for the name on the jersey and then living up to it every year. I want us to be the unchallenged destination school for serious players. I want every team in the country to know every year that their title hopes run through UConn.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I want, oh never mind we have 6 crowns. This is amazing! Might as well grab a few more. I guess!

Reaction Score
I want to win 32 national championships.
"Beyond the obvious"

It's ok to have many different types of dreams or wants, not all of them have to be grand. All of us here want championship 10973662, that goes without saying.

Maybe a start to end #1 ranking, for example, although that's on the grander scale

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"Beyond the obvious"

It's ok to have many different types of dreams or wants, not all of them have to be grand. All of us here want championship 10973662, that goes without saying.

Maybe a start to end #1 ranking, for example, although that's on the grander scale

I had us ranked #1 for the entire season so we can check that one off now.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We have more titles, they land the blue chips, they're blue blood, and we have more titles. I'm cool

I don't look behind me. Reality is that no program in modern history is better than us. We are the college basketball capital of the universe

Reaction Score
I would love to see us go back to back oh wait we have already done that. I’m still enjoying that.

Live in the present, if you constantly look to the future then you will never be happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom