One Call by Warde - That's it folks | The Boneyard

One Call by Warde - That's it folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-big-east-future-1214-20121213,0,2561546.story

This sums up how hard Warde is working - (even less than I thought)

Manuel said. "I've talked to at least one other conference member who's at a basketball institution just to let them know my feelings and hear their thoughts about their concerns and the issues that are going on. But I can't control what they do."

Ok your league is falling apart and you talk to "at least one other conference school" - And frankly that means he talked to one school - or else he would have said 2 schools - and then he probably watched WBB practice for 2 hours.
We are paying this dude several 100k a year and he just talked to one school in his own conference. Imagine how many ACC or Big Ten schools he talked to? He has probably by now been to 3 or 4 Big East conferences meetings with all the league AD's and this is what in this guy's Rolodex - one number.

A Rock Star? No - a complete laughable joke. Imagine a sales person telling his boss he loss 7 major accounts and made one call to see what's up. Unbelievable!

C

Chief00

That's quite a stretch to make from that quote.
Then add his body of work and the quote aligns with his results....his own words speak volumes ---folks on this board seem more engaged than he is on the conference realignment issue - and that's a sad commentary.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
C'mon Chief. Off the ledge, bro.

C

Chief00

C'mon Chief. Off the ledge, bro.

Truthfully, this quote was an eye opener for me - this is this man's opportunity to tell his story - and he volunteers he's talked to one school. It should be at least 5, if not 7.

C

Chief00

Well, that's one more basketball school than I would have called.

Fishy I understand your point ....but you can't say for the last 3 weeks how you are focused on building a strong Big East, blah, blah - and then show such minimal substance behind it. Then you weave in what the Ville AD did and if you don't see a pattern - you are in denial.

C

Chief00

Kevin Duffy's take... http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article...n-fans-to-hit-panic-4117088.php?cmpid=twitter

>>"UConn officials had no comment. And why would they? What is there to say?

"We're excited to begin a riveting rivalry with Tulane and Southern Methodist" or "We wish our rivals of 30 years the best¦good for them" or "Why us?"

That's a brilliant question, actually. Why UConn? Of the hundred or so schools affected (in some way) by conference realignment, UConn is the biggest loser.

Some want to blame this mess on Herbst and Warde Manuel. Truth is, though, it's far more complex than UConn "not trying hard enough." Herbst put it best last week.

"Many people believe that the conference realignment is somehow in the control of individual leaders or institutions, and it's not that simple," Herbst wrote in an email to Hearst Connecticut. "As you know, it involves television markets, population density, long histories of university athletics programs, and a variety of other factors."<<
You can compare those factors and we were ahead of the last couple of schools that went to other conferences. It is time for Susan to stop talking meaningless nonsense and look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
You can compare those factors and we were ahead of the last couple of schools that went to other conferences. It is time for Susan to stop talking meaningless nonsense and look in the mirror.

I actually copied that into wrong thread... My bad (thought I got it deleted when I realized it).

Reaction Score
I agree with Chief. Saying things like "I made one call", and "I can't make someone invite us" is not very reassuring. How about we are doing everything in our power to promote this great university, and actively involved in discussions with presidents in other leagues.

Reaction Score
Warde has NO control over the decision making here...this is way above his head.

It's just a situation.

Reaction Score
P Head has not been on the job long enough to drop this hot steamy pile in his lap. That said he is most likely not sleeping much these days and doing everything he can to find us a place to land that is not another hot steamy pile.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-big-east-future-1214-20121213,0,2561546.story

This sums up how hard Warde is working - (even less than I thought)

Manuel said. "I've talked to at least one other conference member who's at a basketball institution just to let them know my feelings and hear their thoughts about their concerns and the issues that are going on. But I can't control what they do."

Ok your league is falling apart and you talk to "at least one other conference school" - And frankly that means he talked to one school - or else he would have said 2 schools - and then he probably watched WBB practice for 2 hours.
We are paying this dude several 100k a year and he just talked to one school in his own conference. Imagine how many ACC or Big Ten schools he talked to? He has probably by now been to 3 or 4 Big East conferences meetings with all the league AD's and this is what in this guy's Rolodex - one number.

A Rock Star? No - a complete laughable joke. Imagine a sales person telling his boss he loss 7 major accounts and made one call to see what's up. Unbelievable!

Tell me what I do all day. Right, you have no idea, any more than you do what Manuel does all day as if he controls the result. Ollie's contract you can bitch about, but realignment all you know is what you read and if there isn't plenty going on out of our sight, I'd be dumbfounded.

Reaction Score
Warde has NO control over the decision making here...this is way above his head.

It's just a ****ty situation.

Give Ollie the contract, hire a competent football coach talk to the donors expand the football stadium stop touring with the mens and womens basketball programs. Google Tom Jurich and inspire yourself to have a clue, call whoever will listen sell the program, the brand and what we inspire to be.... you see these are decisions he can make and he must make.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
stop touring with the mens and womens basketball programs.

If JHath were still here you'd be complaining that he's not showing his face enough at the men's and women's games.

How people aren't blaming that dolt is beyond me. Warde is the scapegoat.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well since many rock stars spend a considerable amount of time passed out, maybe he is like a rock star?

Reaction Score
If blaming Warde and/or Susan makes you feel better, so be it. It's getting a little old from people who really have no idea of what really went on.

Reaction Score
If JHath were still here you'd be complaining that he's not showing his face enough at the men's and women's games.

How people aren't blaming that dolt is beyond me. Warde is the scapegoat.

There i a reason why that guy got fired anyways, can you name something that Ward has done for the benefit of UConn? anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom