Once again, March Purvis | The Boneyard

Once again, March Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am glad he somewhat righted himself, too bad pretty much for naught. But it is nice to see his confidence brimming heading into next season and he and Daniel both don't like the taste left in their mouths. Believe there will be a lot of hard work to even be better moving forward. Good news is he did it yesterday without Boat too.

Reaction Score
I am glad he somewhat righted himself, too bad pretty much for naught. But it is nice to see his confidence brimming heading into next season and he and Daniel both don't like the taste left in their mouths. Believe there will be a lot of hard work to even be better moving forward. Good news is he did it yesterday without Boat too.

Purvis played his best basketball yesterday when he continued to attack the rim and kept shooting, even with some misses. I love the kid's tenacity and passion, and I'm hoping that he'll continue that going into the NIT and offseason.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Kudos to Purvis. Picked up his game when it counted most, a very good sign.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Without that effort from Purvis yesterday, there wouldn't have been any comeback attempt, period. He played at level 5 and with another off-season of training, I believe he will play more consistently and be that ferrari.

Reaction Score
When he gets going to the basket from the perimeter, there isn't a strong enough guard, at least in the AAC, that can stop him. He is a slasher, and if he keeps up his 3-pt percentage to around 38% plus, he will be great.

Reaction Score
Next year the future is bright. I think Rodney is figuring it out. If Hamilton does--especially with Hamilton's play-making ability--it will help Adams transition in.

If Brimah improves--offensively and defensively--we really only need our 4 to rebound and defend. Sadly, this year that was too much to ask...but I have confidence in next year's team. I think we'll have more scoring options, more balance, and maybe fewer fvçking pump fakes.....

Reaction Score
What was great about yesterday was Rodney WANTED the ball and KO recognized that. Instead of having TSam bring the ball up the court (with Boat out/injured) and set up the offense, he deferred to Rodney. If Rodney can tighten up his handle just a bit, he can become almost unguardable driving to the rim with his size and strength.

If this Rodney shows up in the NIT, I will feel that much better about next year. This will help ease Adams in where he can play a little bit at the 2.

Reaction Score
Purvis plays great against SMU. I compliment him but cautiously am waiting for back to back to back performances.

The NIT will be his showcase for the coming season. It may not be the NCAA but its now his time to shine. Let's see.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nice game from him. I am encouraged, because I think it's his team next year. He needs to step up and lead them. Hamilton may be the better player, but Purvis needs to exert his will on the team. I applaud his energy and attack mentality.

Team needs to shoot 10,000 shots a day, each. Worst shooting team I have ever seen.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Purv stepped it up when we needed him the most. We'd have lost by 30 yesterday without him. After being tough on him most of the season, he earned some serious brownie points from me. Can't wait to see how he does next year.

Reaction Score
I felt like he earned his status as a true Husky yesterday, showed that never quit, keep on fighting gene

Reaction Score
As wildly inconsistent as Purvis was this season, he's so much better now than he was when the season started. His emergence the past few weeks could be enormous for next season - a core of Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, and Brimah has the makings of a tourney team, especially if some of the role players (looking at you, Facey and Omar) play better next year.

Purvis NEEDS to get his FT shooting to a respectable level, though. He's a completely different player when he's mixing 3-point attempts with drives to the basket, but his reluctance to drive consistently probably has a lot to do with his poor FT shooting.

Get that percentage to at least the high 60s, and we're looking at a much more consistent player.

Reaction Score
As wildly inconsistent as Purvis was this season, he's so much better now than he was when the season started. His emergence the past few weeks could be enormous for next season - a core of Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, and Brimah has the makings of a tourney team, especially if some of the role players (looking at you, Facey and Omar) play better next year.

Purvis NEEDS to get his FT shooting to a respectable level, though. He's a completely different player when he's mixing 3-point attempts with drives to the basket, but his reluctance to drive consistently probably has a lot to do with his poor FT shooting.

Get that percentage to at least the high 60s, and we're looking at a much more consistent player.

I think someone just posted today that he was at 73% for the last 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom