Once again, another award for PB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Once again, another award for PB

Reaction Score
Just saw video on ESPN saying the NCAA should change rule and let her go to WNBA now. Nothing left to prove. She's the GOAT.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Paige won this award based on her pure talent and instincts. From here, she will only learn the game more and develop those intangibles that separate the best. Her season reminded me of Stewart’s sophomore year, as she was the best player on the court, but definitely has areas to improve. That’s exciting as a fan, to think that she should only get better from here. A truly special player.
It actually reminded me of Stewart's freshman year. The difference was Geno didn't have the luxury of having Dolson and Hartley, Stokes, Faris, KML, and Doty. He didn't have enough players to sit Paige and let her figure things out. Stewart was already the best player in the country by the end of the NCAAs her freshman year - she just didn't have to prove it during the regular season.

Reaction Score
She swept the NPOY awards that she was eligible to win. The Wade NPOY Freshman are ineligible for the award.
Since Paige has basically won every individual award in sight as a freshman, she can set her sights on winning the one team award that got away, over each of the next 3 seasons. Now that shouldn’t be too much to ask for..........
There was one award she was eligible for that she didn't win. So she was a finalist for the Dawn Staley Award which was won by Caitlin Clark.

The Dawn Staley Award is given annually to a player who exemplifies the skills that Dawn possessed throughout her career; ball handling, scoring, her ability to distribute the basketball and her will to win.

For perspective Tyasha Harris won last year over other finalists: Sabrina Ionescu, Rhyne Howard and Chennedy Carter.

Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that Paige repeated what the other greats in UConn history have said. Namely they were so well prepared because the practices were so intense and the expectations so high and so UConn is not for everyone. So some of the top recruits must want to find out if they can “ measure up “ to these standards.
UConn should borrow a well known slogan from another group describing this mentality:“The few the proud the Huskies “.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
geez...u guys need to look up the word sarcasm. I'm just mocking what Geno said.
I appreciate sarcasm, maybe more than others. But some BYers, like me, usually add an emoji, from the Smilies link, to indicate that it is sarcasm.
My preference is the :rolleyes: emoji. I use to include the Head Bang but for whatever reason, it didn't seem to work this season.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
There was one award she was eligible for that she didn't win. So she was a finalist for the Dawn Staley Award which was won by Caitlin Clark.

The Dawn Staley Award is given annually to a player who exemplifies the skills that Dawn possessed throughout her career; ball handling, scoring, her ability to distribute the basketball and her will to win.

For perspective Tyasha Harris won last year over other finalists: Sabrina Ionescu, Rhyne Howard and Chennedy Carter.
The Dawn Staley Award IS NOT a NPOY award as I stated in my post.:confused:

Reaction Score
Congrats, Paige! Home girl just collecting the hardware!!

Reaction Score
In my dream world, if I could add one player to our roster it would be Ashley Joens. Texas A&M beat her up, and she didn't complain. She just went about the business of playing the game.

Reaction Score
The Dawn Staley Award IS NOT a NPOY award as I stated in my post.:confused:
Correct. However, the discussion then went on to discuss other awards (e.g. Lieberman). I quoted your post as it was related and thought you might be interested, not to imply your post was false.

I will refrain from quoting your posts in future.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Since Paige has basically won every individual award in sight as a freshman, she can set her sights on winning the one team award that got away, over each of the next 3 seasons. Now that shouldn’t be too much to ask for..........
Sounds just about right to me, wrap it up, put it under my Christmas tree.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro