Once again, another award for PB | The Boneyard

Once again, another award for PB

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yup. She had a nice interview on SC where it was revealed. I am sure it will be available as a video soon

Reaction Score
Paige was so eloquent during her live interview on Sports Center this evening. So happy for her to have won this award (and the others)... but I know the "award" she really wants is National Champion.
Asked how it is to play for Geno... "Hard...very hard"... "he's a genius with basketball".
Clearly she appreciates all that her coaches (past and present) and her Team Mates have done to help her develop her skills.
More to come!!!

GO HUSKIES

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And the official HoopHall awards announcement from their web site:
Nancy Lieberman Award - Point Guard
Paige Bueckers Connecticut

Ann Meyers Drysdale Award - Shooting Guard
Ashley Owusu Maryland

Cheryl Miller Award - Small Forward
Ashley Joens Iowa State

Katrina McClain Award - Power Forward
NaLyssa Smith Baylor

Lisa Leslie Award - Center
Aliyah Boston South Carolina

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Since Paige has basically won every individual award in sight as a freshman, she can set her sights on winning the one team award that got away, over each of the next 3 seasons. Now that shouldn’t be too much to ask for..........

Reaction Score
But, She needs to mature..she needs to get a LOT better... without Paige, we're barely a Top 20 team this past year.

Reaction Score
But, She needs to mature..she needs to get a LOT better... without Paige, we're barely a Top 20 team this past year.
I suppose if you were Geno, you would have said, “Paige is already as good as she’ll ever be! I can’t teach her anything more, so I’m sending her home for the summer with strict instructions not to work on her game, as she can only regress from here!” I’m thinking I’ll trust the guy who has developed a large percentage of the truly transcendent players over the past 30 years.

Reaction Score
Paige has won 4 of the 5 NPOY awards. How much you want her to be lot better? I think she has done her best for us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shesh.... yes, she has a long term friendship with Jalen Suggs. Did ESPN really have to spend so much time showing pictures of them together and asking her questions about him? After all, she just won the Wooden award! Shouldn't the focus be on her and Women's basketball?

This was similar to ESPN showing shots of Russell Wilson during the championship game. We got it, ESPN, he is there to support his sister. A couple of cut-aways, OK. It just seemed like they had to get a least one Russell WIlson shot every five minutes of air time!

Reaction Score
Azzi will compete with her in the coming season. Can't wait someone given her pressure.
pressure?...........PB's scoring average will be going down a bit with Azzi joining her in the back court but she's going to be averaging an extra 4-5 assists a game.......PB is going to be a double double machine!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Paige has won 4 of the 5 NPOY awards. How much you want her to be lot better? I think she has done her best for us.
She swept the NPOY awards that she was eligible to win. The Wade NPOY Freshman are ineligible for the award.

Reaction Score
I know what he/she means. Maybe referring to the NC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn woman's basketball player Paige Bueckers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige won this award based on her pure talent and instincts. From here, she will only learn the game more and develop those intangibles that separate the best. Her season reminded me of Stewart’s sophomore year, as she was the best player on the court, but definitely has areas to improve. That’s exciting as a fan, to think that she should only get better from here. A truly special player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom