On To Villanova... | The Boneyard

On To Villanova...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow, who will be without James Bell and likely without Maalik Wayns as well.

Don't care that it's on the road, or that they almost beat Notre Dame last night with the same lineup. Nova is terrible.

This is also now very interesting from a matchup perspective. Nova played Pinkston almost exclusively at the 3 last night. We can't have Lamb guard Pinkston, so I'd imagine we'd have to put Drummond on Pinkston and Lamb on 6'10'' Maurice Sutton - who's a non-factor offensively.

Reaction Score
And the drama/soap opera continues. Doesn't matter about opponents injuries when they see UConn jerseys. I don't know what to expect or how we will play. Latley I watch to simply enjoy UConn ball, and for the mystery of this team.

Reaction Score
start roscoe and go big......napier, lamb, scoe, oriakhi, and drummond.

F

fortebleedsblue

I disagree with Roscoe... I think Daniels has more upside. This is a must win game to set up the showdown Saturday (house will be rocking). Win today and Saturday and things will be starting to get their way back on track.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
A couple of things. The more injuries they have the better. I'm not sure which way the game will go. Either Nova is motivated by blowing a 20 point lead at home and pumped to play the defending national champs, or they are tired and demoralized after an OT game and blowing a 20 point lead. If we shutdown Pinkston, we win. I'd put Roscoe on him and use his fouls. Pinkston is a skilled player and we can't put Drummond on him and risk getting him in foul trouble early. If Roscoe gets in foul trouble, then use Daniels on Pinkston. We have more at stake than Nova, so hopefully Nova gives a lifeless performance tomorrow. Also, several Nova players were cramping up late in the game so hopefully we can wear them out. I suggest pushing tempo.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We don't need both AD & AO on the floor at the same time against teams like Nova & Marquette.

I'd spend 80% of the game with one of those two at the five, TO or RS at the four, NG or DD at the three and JL & SN in the backcourt with RB spelling both.

Reaction Score
I disagree with Roscoe... I think Daniels has more upside. This is a must win game to set up the showdown Saturday (house will be rocking). Win today and Saturday and things will be starting to get their way back on track.
I disagree. Roscoe is the only guy that knows how to box out. I'm not coach but if I was I would play him 25+ minutes with Oriakhi next to him. He played the 4 on a national championship team last year and he plays with EFFORT. Daniels has been soft I don't give a about his upside. Let him "look for his shot" in the off season. I want to see hard fouls and a guy looking to get down and dirty

Reaction Score
we just opened up a 2 point favorite tomorrow. Considering we are putrid 8-15 against the spread this year I would say we are due. I mean , Im due..:mad:

Reaction Score
Just win!

I don't care how we win just go out and do it!

Reaction Score
I disagree. Roscoe is the only guy that knows how to box out. I'm not coach but if I was I would play him 25+ minutes with Oriakhi next to him. He played the 4 on a national championship team last year and he plays with EFFORT. Daniels has been soft I don't give a about his upside. Let him "look for his shot" in the off season. I want to see hard fouls and a guy looking to get down and dirty

I agree with huskynyc let's go with the guy who boxed out last year even though he hasn't beaten anyone to a rebound this year!...........what are you watchin dude?

Reaction Score
I don't have any problem playing Roscoe. Might as well go with the guy who won it for you last year since none of our small forwards appear to be playing well.

Reaction Score
I agree with huskynyc let's go with the guy who boxed out last year even though he hasn't beaten anyone to a rebound this year!...........what are you watchin dude?

I don't really care which we way we go as far as playing time b/w Scoe/Giffey/DD because we're really not getting anything from them no matter who plays, but like you I really don't understand all the comments about Scoe's rebounding and D this year. Have people been watching him play this year? He been just as guilty of not boxing out and ballwatching instead of sticking to his man on D like everyone else this year. There's been a pretty big dropoff in just about every area of his game compared to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom