On the bright side | The Boneyard

On the bright side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
- We actually do have a chance to finish the preseason at 2-1. One way or another there will be a game played on Saturday and one of two teams playing will win. Maybe it will be us. The neat thing about this new era of football is that preseason wins do still count for postseason. I'm not concerned about speed of play, timing, assignments, etc. Game plans? Forget about it! These preseason games are all about max reps for max number of players in our systems. That kind of game plan stuff is for regular season, and getting faster, getting the timing and rhythm going in blocking and running and passing, and actually playing assignment specific perfect, that all comes when we settle on a roster for regular season.

The most exciting thing about the last preseason game is the anticipation of the season. Can't wait for the home opener against Temple. It will be good to see everybody get their reps this last game against Boise to getvready.

And if we win? It actually counts!!! How awesome is that!!!!

Reaction Score
For the record I fully expect to be 2-1 in a week. I'm just going about it more positive.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I had planned to use the preparation phase to get to 500 posts. I figured getting more posts in play would make me a better poster down the line. Unfortunately, I really don't want to comment until I see results from the process or give up on it -- neither of which are happening in the short term. Am I lacking in commitment?

Reaction Score
I am optimistic about being 2-1 in a week. Really, given the way things have gone so far, all we really need to change, is if we can just figure out how to keep the ball, instead of turning over offensive drives twice in the first quarter of the game, we should be able to make a game of it. From what I can tell, we are not wavering from the plan, and that means I literally don't e spect to see anything different than I've seen past 2 games. Soooooo, the only thing that really can make a huge difference, is either winning the field position battle on those two early game drives we've been spotting our opponents, or maybe even putting points up on those 2 drives. From there, if we continue to play hard, together, and as a team we might j just have a chance. Then next week we can hopefully move to another new and exciting phase of playing the game. I wonder what it will be. For now, Boise coming to town.

Reaction Score
I had planned to use the preparation phase to get to 500 posts. I figured getting more posts in play would make me a better poster down the line. Unfortunately, I really don't want to comment until I see results from the process or give up on it -- neither of which are happening in the short term. Am I lacking in commitment?

It's not just the posts in play, you need to be running them up on multiple substituted devices.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Carl was optimistic through PDGL. He can be optimistic. Unfortunately, his optimism won't change the result.

He's gone around the bend.

It's all right. We'll all get there someday.

My grandmother tried to walk to her old house in Munich once. At the time, she was living in the Bronx..

Carl has simply left us to walk to his own private Munich.

Reaction Score
Belechik played 8 OL in the first half yesterday. And he had 4 preseason games. Diaco is a genius!

Let's kill Boise!

Reaction Score
Come on, please take a walk with me
Back to the same old place, gal, where we long to be

The only way to get through muddy waters, is to dive in, keep your head above water and start swimming.

The game on Saturday was a complete clusterf----k. Totally expected when you're in preparatory phase for the season, and your opponent, whoever, whatever level they may be - isn't. We managed to have enough talent to beat 1-AA Stony Brook. The water is muddy, so better get swimming.

Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get some kind of freak September day where it's 50 degrees and cold and wet or something this time. That way if, we lose the ball again, it can be blamed on cold/wet slick hands on balls.

I was david lee roth, crazy from the heat on Saturday. I hope the big Viking is back this week, and I hope Diaco figures out that when you recruit an All-American ball handler (and this is one of the very few times you'll ever see me cross over hoops and gridiron), our only All-American recruit ball handler recruit if I'm not mistaken, you give him the ball. Who recruits and All American and doesn't give him the ball?

Muddy Waters.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
So, I was thinking Xanax, then mushrooms, now not sure.

Carl, you okay out there?

Reaction Score
So, I was thinking Xanax, then mushrooms, now not sure.

Carl, you okay out there?

The colors are beautiful solocup, they are beautiful, red gold and green.

I'm a man who doesn't know
How to sell a contradiction

(if I watch this enough, I'll get my edge back, but for now it's all humping butterflies, pink roses and kittens)

Reaction Score
or maybe this: all this insolence - it must go. I want these players fighting wild animals in week. They will not be ridiculed by the common soldiery.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Come on, please take a walk with me
Back to the same old place, gal, where we long to be

The only way to get through muddy waters, is to dive in, keep your head above water and start swimming.

Muddy Waters.

I just talked to Muddy Waters. He says we're beating Boise by a touchdown...

1614x2048

Reaction Score
It's a shame we don't have the University of New Jersey on the schedule to chalk up as a win. Especially if they are actually in position to have an important game against us. Oh well.

Boise State is next, and hopefully we'll get some really good reps from everybody on our team, and manage not to turn over the ball twice to start the game. Even one turnover only, is an improvement.

Reaction Score
Every time I think Carl has gone off the reservation he resurrects one of these beauts and reminds us that it happened many years ago.

Reaction Score
Remember how hot it was that day? Could have cooked eggs on the empty bleachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom