On My Way to San Antonio | The Boneyard

On My Way to San Antonio

Reaction Score
I’m on a business trip—not going to FF. I’m connecting through Atlanta and plane is filled with BBall coaches.They all act like they’re in one big fraternity. I’m sitting behind Bobby Huggins and the head of BBall operations at East Tenn St. When I said I’m a UConn guy Huggins said “Danny’s a great young coach—Others said ”great hire”. Nothing but laughter and BBall talk all around me.
I can’t wait to ask what they think of Susan!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m on a business trip—not going to FF. I’m connecting through Atlanta and plane is filled with BBall coaches.They all act like they’re in one big fraternity. I’m
sitting behind Bobby Huggins and the head of BBall operations at East Tenn St. When I said I’m a UConn guy Huggins said “Danny’s a great young coach—Others said ”great hire”. Nothing but laughter and BbBall talk all around me.
How many drinks has Huggins had so far? Is he wearing a sweat suit?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just hit "watch thread" in anticipation of further reports....

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’m on a business trip—not going to FF. I’m connecting through Atlanta and plane is filled with BBall coaches.They all act like they’re in one big fraternity. I’m sitting behind Bobby Huggins and the head of BBall operations at East Tenn St. When I said I’m a UConn guy Huggins said “Danny’s a great young coach—Others said ”great hire”. Nothing but laughter and BBall talk all around me.

If you have time, try to visit the Alamo's basement.

Top notch.

Reaction Score
I'm on my way to San Antonio too.

Pleasure, not business. It's a Big East thing.

Reaction Score
That’s a nice endorsement by Huggy. Love the way he operates giving the middle finger to whoever he wants. No suit for you!

Reaction Score
Nice. First class or coach?

Reaction Score

I'm in the Atlanta airport traveling for business right now.

Are you still here?

If I shout "UConn!" will I receive a response?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If you're there for a bit treat yourself to dinner at Bohanan's. Best steak I've ever had and pretty amazing cocktails as well.

Reaction Score
If you're there for a bit treat yourself to dinner at Bohanan's. Best steak I've ever had and pretty amazing cocktails as well.

I ate dinner at Chicken + Beer in Concourse D.

Would highly recommend to anyone with a layover in ATL

Reaction Score

Wish they served the menu in the bar downstairs. I usually end up at the Palm since I’m usually alone.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I ate dinner at Chicken + Beer in Concourse D.

Would highly recommend to anyone with a layover in ATL
TBH I can't even argue this – fried chicken and beer is always a perfect choice.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Wish they served the menu in the bar downstairs. I usually end up at the Palm since I’m usually alone.
Did not expect the depressing surprise ending.

Reaction Score
TBH I can't even argue this – fried chicken and beer is always a perfect choice.

Fried chicken with sides of cheese grits and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy.

Can't go wrong.

Reaction Score
Go to Boudro's on the River walk and get the guacamole. Best food on the River walk.

For a local take on steak hit Little Rhein. Really solid. I've had many a steak dinner sitting solo at steak house bars across the country while on business. Never mind that at all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Staying at the Westin. It’s Loyola’s hotel. All decked out for them. Lobby has their colors all over. Huge pics of players on lobby columns. TV interviews happening with several players. Only person I haven’t seen is Sister Jean. I chatted with Seth Davis and Cuonzo Martin of Mizzou at Boudro’s—(Great Guac and blackened filet.) All had good things to say about Hurley—all wanted to see UConn back and relevant.
Problem is my client could care less about basketball. Heading in for the night.

Reaction Score
If I shout "UConn!" will I receive a response?
Brings me back to the Bahamas 2015. This one dude deserved a damn medal for carrying the UConn crowd. Virtually every defensive possession he started a "D - FENCE" chant. On offense? You'd hear this bellowing UUUUUUUUCOOOOOOON and you couldn't help but yell back - HUUSKKKKIES. We were all horse for 3 days. Great memory. Can't wait to find out where UConn's pre-tourni is next year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom