On a scale of 0-10, how nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

On a scale of 0-10, how nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC?

How nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC?

• 0 - cool as a cucumber - calm as a lake

• 2 - pretty relaxed - like you would be when UCONN plays any overmatched team

• 4 - mildly nervous - may have to pull out the lucky UCONN shirt and other mojo items

• 6 - moderately nervous - may need a glass of wine or beer to relax before the game

• 8 - very nervous - will definintely need a few shots to calm down before tip off

• 10 - crazed - may need medical attention or some good drugs to relax

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Not sure if nervous is the right description, but I certainly am as excited as I’ve been all season about a game, similar to last season before Baylor, ND, MD & SC, when there was some doubt about the outcome.

Not sure if nervous is the right description, but I certainly am as excited as I’ve been all season about a game, similar to last season before Baylor, ND, MD & SC, when there was some doubt about the outcome.
Always used that translation as a Coach for 30 years, Old Dude! I asked them if they worked hard in practice? Yes... Do you love the game? Yes... Are you confident in your abilities? Yes... Do you love playing the game? Yes... That means you are excited to play the game! No such thing as nerves!

Reaction Score
Hopefully this game will give me the "rush" that has been missing lately. Looking forward to seeing how the team is rounding into form.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A few things are of interest to me this game.

1) Z has been flying up and down the court these last 3 to 4 games. I really didn't know she had that type of speed. Her ability to finish at the rim during transition is a thing to behold. If this continues it may be a real problem for SCar. Contrarily,

2) How will Z fare on defense. Can she stay out of foul trouble, can she keep her man in front of her, can she make timely switches, and can she alter SCar's shots in the paint. Geno may play a lot of sagging 2/3 and match up zones tonight so we'll see how that goes.

3) Can Gabby be the force in the lane she was last year against SCar. Can she pull her mark out of the lane by hitting something outside and by making good passes from the high post. Can she stay out of foul trouble as well.

4) I don't know if many noticed but Pheese's footwork on offense and defense was, in my eyes, the best it has been all year against Tulane. Her outside shot had the best arc and rotation I've seen all year as well. She is really starting to come on the last 3 or 4 games. Will this be another good one or a step backwards?

5) Crystal could be a real X factor for UCONN this game. If she can penetrate off the dribble AND hit her outside shot tonight UCONN could have an easy night.

6) Lou.

If these things happen it won't matter what Dawn's team does, it won't be close.

Reaction Score
For those who care, Uconn is a 15 1/2 point favorite tonight against South Carolina.

Reaction Score
I must admit I was in the mildly nervous category. It was half time before I could check on the score. To say I was stunned would be an understatement. This years team, as well as last year's, seems to handle whatever is put in front of them with poise and maturity. After tonight I think the Huskues are going to be the #1 seed going into the tournament no matter what happens against Louisville.

Reaction Score
Always used that translation as a Coach for 30 years, Old Dude! I asked them if they worked hard in practice? Yes... Do you love the game? Yes... Are you confident in your abilities? Yes... Do you love playing the game? Yes... That means you are excited to play the game! No such thing as nerves!

If you sense your team is feeling pressure your translation means basketball is fun, & treat it as such. I always tried to instill in them that basketball is not pressure & that real pressure is having 5 kids and you can’t feed them. You would then feel real pressure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom