OMG Rutgers loses to .... BC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OMG Rutgers loses to .... BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stringer has been off her rocker for a few years now. Her team will be doing their own laundry and practicing in their own clothing come Monday. Did you read the article? Rutgers has so much talent they should be top 10 with a good coach. Many of her recruits will not stay at RU for long!!!

Reaction Score
Yes I read the article and it is an old one. The program seems to have stabilized as to transfers. None of the freshman from last year left and all got playing time. She is also playing the freshman this year. I don't believe she has pulled the practicing in their own clothes for a couple of years now.

Reaction Score
Yes I read the article and it is an old one. The program seems to have stabilized as to transfers. None of the freshman from last year left and all got playing time. She is also playing the freshman this year. I don't believe she has pulled the practicing in their own clothes for a couple of years now.
But you still gotta question their record with all that talent.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
As much as I don't like how we're playing at the moment. I had hopes that Oliver, Wheeler, & Lee would take the leadership roles more head on. I also hoped that some of the other returners such as Canty, or Davis would take on more of a scoring role. They haven't so far. Laney hasn't had much of an effect either.

As for CVS. Firing her isn't the answer. Yes, we're stacked with talent. Some of the blame I suppose could fall on her. However, we're getting shots. We're just not making them. We usually play outstanding defense, it hasn't been very consistent this year so far.

You have to remember, last time we were to the Final Four, I believe we started the season 4-3, and also got beat by 40 at home to Duke that year.

And the RU fans who are calling for CVS's head should stop and think that the only reason that we're getting these highly ranked recruits is because they want to play for her. Period.

I still believe we're going to get better as the season rolls on. One of the main struggles we're having is we're missing a play-maker who can really create good shots for others like Rushdan did for us.

As much as I'd love to beat Tennessee this year, I'd think that game could get ugly quick if we don't get our heads out of our...well you know how that saying goes.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Associate Head Coach Jolette Law left in May 2007 after 12 years
Assistant Coach Marianne Stanley left in May 2008 after 2 years
Assistant Coach Clarissa Davis-Wrightsil left In May 2009 after 1 year
Assistant Coach Ron Hughey left in May 2010 after 1 year
Associate Head Coach Carlene Mitchell left in May 2011 after 10 years
Just to clarify -

Law left to become a head coach and Mitchell likewise. Both were "prospects" for a head coach for a long while. Neither wanted to be Chris Daily and I truly believe neither wanted to by the HC at RU after Viv

Stanley was a 2 year gig as a favor for CViv. When we went to the final 4 fans chanted "4 more years" or something like it, and she held up one finger. This was later confirmed in a paper.

Davis Wrightsil reportedly didn't fit in. She has gotten some bad press regarding Texas. Hughey was an opportunist - check out his coaching resume.

And the team should not be relying on assistants, it is the head coaches responsibility. I don't think her choice of assistants is "bad', but I think it would be better if they all hadn't played for her.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
As to the main point -

- no apparent leadership in the locker-room - Newton, Carson, Ray in the past
- no on-court point guard leadership - Pointer and Ajavon in the FF years
- no go-to player - Stewart, Pondexter, Prince come to mind
- no WNBA caliber center - Sutton-Brown and Vaughn in the FF years
- no lockdown defender - Miles and Carson in the FF's
- no fundamentally sound, reliable non-starring contributor - Clemente and Zurich in the FF's.

At least some of these components must be in place for CVS / RU to succeed and I don't see it. And I should, I think, so I am quite disappointed.

Reaction Score
There are very few coaches in WCBB that are untouchable and Stringer is not one of them.
What makes you so sure of that pronouncement? Rutgers has wrapped itself around her pose of sainthood and now they can sink with her at the helm. Did you know she is (was) the highest paid coach at that institution?

She's a joke. (And, yes, I know about her incredibly painful personal life.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom