OMG, I just realized that the Knicks are the most promising team I root for | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OMG, I just realized that the Knicks are the most promising team I root for

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We just signed the Toddfather!!!!!
I know. That's why I'd have to consider the Mets my strongest sports team right now. The FML was a reaction to the KP news.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Sox will be decent but have no reasonable expectation to advance beyond the ALDS, and all of the drama really makes it difficult.

And the Giants? Ugh . . .

Patriots are 0-3 in Super Bowls in which Eli has appeared.

If the Sox-Martinez game of chicken ends, they'll be in a pretty good position to make a deep run, IMO.

Reaction Score
Just traded Willy Hernangomez for two future 2nd round picks and a bum we'll release in three months. Nothing like selling as low as possible with your young assets.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I love IT, but that trade though. Between that and the draft day trade (and all the others), other GMs probably scared sh@#less about dealing with Trader Danny at this point.

Ainge crushed this offseason, Hayward injury aside.

That trade looks horrendous for Cleveland. IT is playing worse than anyone could have imagined. Crowder is playing horrendously, and he doesn't even have an injury to blame. Zizic is not showing much. And the Nets aren't rolling over.

At a certain point teams are going to start thinking that Stevens makes everybody look much better than they actually are (I still would use Jordan Crawford winning EC POW as the best example of this). I think they're already pretty wary of Ainge by now.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Just traded Willy Hernangomez for two future 2nd round picks and a bum we'll release in three months. Nothing like selling as low as possible with your young assets.

I don't get it. Is his defense that irredeemably bad? He averaged 8 and 7 in 18 mpg last year!

Reaction Score
I don't get it. Is his defense that irredeemably bad? He averaged 8 and 7 in 18 mpg last year!

He's a dinosaur in today's league - he's slow, ground-bound and doesn't play defense but he can rebound, score and pass and has a very good feel for the game. There is no reason to give up on a guy that young on that cheap of a deal. I'm sure there wasn't a great market for him but if that was the case then hang on to him and see what happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom