OMG, I just realized that the Knicks are the most promising team I root for | The Boneyard

OMG, I just realized that the Knicks are the most promising team I root for

Curiouser
Reaction Score
College basketball and MLB are the two sports I follow most closely. Obviously I am a UConn fan; and I am also a Mets fan. The state of both teams right now is very tenuous at best.

I also follow the NFL and, to a much lesser degree, the NBA. I am a Giants and Knicks fan.

For as long as I can remember the Knicks have never held the most promise among my teams; even those couple years in the 90s when they reached the finals, UConn was more promising. For the rest of the time, the Knicks have been by far the least promising, due in large part to the idiocy of James Dolan (with a healthy assist from Isaiah Thomas).

This past baseball season was the earliest I stopped having interest because the Mets tanked so badly and were so plagued by injury, and the immediate future doesn't look too bright.

This was followed by a football season in which I lost interest sooner than ever before because of the abysmal shape of the Giants, and this past week they managed to make that situation even worse.

We are all well aware by now of the state of the UConn men's basketball program, which is usually my anchor and lifeline through the winter.

Which leads me to the incredible revelation that James Dolan's 11-10 Knicks, as dysfunctional and structurally unsound as they are, are actually the most promising of my teams, and with KP, by far the most interesting to watch.

I think I'm going to be sick.

Reaction Score
College basketball and MLB are the two sports I follow most closely. Obviously I am a UConn fan; and I am also a Mets fan. The state of both teams right now is very tenuous at best.

I also follow the NFL and, to a much lesser degree, the NBA. I am a Giants and Knicks fan.

For as long as I can remember the Knicks have never held the most promise among my teams; even those couple years in the 90s when they reached the finals, UConn was more promising. For the rest of the time, the Knicks have been by far the least promising, due in large part to the idiocy of James Dolan (with a healthy assist from Isaiah Thomas).

This past baseball season was the earliest I stopped having interest because the Mets tanked so badly and were so plagued by injury, and the immediate future doesn't look too bright.

This was followed by a football season in which I lost interest sooner than ever before because of the abysmal shape of the Giants, and this past week they managed to make that situation even worse.

We are all well aware by now of the state of the UConn men's basketball program, which is usually my anchor and lifeline through the winter.

Which leads me to the incredible revelation that James Dolan's 11-10 Knicks, as dysfunctional and structurally unsound as they are, are actually the most promising of my teams, and with KP, by far the most interesting to watch.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a Braves fan (team that just got hit with truly mind-boggling penalties for a cheating scandal that the league's report admitted was prevalent throughout baseball) and a Texans fan (lost Deshaun Watson, JJ Watt, and Whitney Mercilus for the season early in the season). It's been a disaster sports year.

Reaction Score
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a Braves fan (team that just got hit with truly mind-boggling penalties for a cheating scandal that the league's report admitted was prevalent throughout baseball) and a Texans fan (lost Deshaun Watson, JJ Watt, and Whitney Mercilus for the season early in the season). It's been a disaster sports year.

Completely OT but how did you end up with your lot of teams??

Reaction Score
Completely OT but how did you end up with your lot of teams??
A common question. Born in Houston in a family that doesn't really follow sports at all. Moved really young to Atlanta, where I became a baseball fan, and then to CT, where I started following football basically exactly when the Texans were created so I picked them. It used to be even weirder since I was a die-hard Colorado Avalanche fan earlier in my life due to playing the at the same rink Drury grew up at. Pretty much fell off watching Hockey and was never a huge NBA fan but I'll root for the Rangers/Knicks very loosely.

Reaction Score
Ha i've been a Knicks fan since birth... Never stood a chance to be a fan of another NBA team. Its been a long time since I've had both teams be good at the same time (Uconn and the Knicks). I think 99 was the last time, we know what Uconn did and the Knicks in a shortened season made it to the final where they stood no chance against the spurs (still managed to win a game). Basketball is the only sport i truly follow and every year I'd proudly profess thank God I have Uconn because the Knicks suck. For once, its the other way around.. While not great, the Knicks are definitely looking promising. I'm use to sports heartache though being a Knicks fan.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Mets with that arm talent, cespedes, and young promising guys like Rosario, conforto and smith (don’t sleep on him), Plus getting familia back, the Mets are one of the best bets to bounce from no playoffs to playoffs in 2018.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mets with that arm talent, cespedes, and young promising guys like Rosario, conforto and smith (don’t sleep on him), Plus getting familia back, the Mets are one of the best bets to bounce from no playoffs to playoffs in 2018.
The talented arms have to stay healthy in the same season though, and that is looking to be a harder and harder thing to pull off every season. Harvey is toast imo, and I never really liked him much anyway. I don't know if Matz will ever be healthy for a full season. I still have faith in and high hopes for Jake and Thor, but they need help so they can stay healthy and not be overused.

I don't know what to expect from Familia any more.

Cespedes needs a lot of help around him as he won't remain consistent enough for a full season to carry the team.

I am optimistic about Smith and Rosario, and still about Conforto, too.

We badly need a MLB quality catcher.

And we have a first time manager.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

giphy.gif

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh please. I'm still here. I haven't given up and never will.

But I am done defending KO, and I am more than a bit disgusted about what I see from Jalen and Terry, who mostly seem to act like they think they are too good to have too try hard.

August_West

Reaction Score
Oh please. I'm still here. I haven't given up and never will.

But I am done defending KO, and I am more than a bit disgusted about what I see from Jalen and Terry, who mostly seem to act like they think they are too good to have too try hard.
giphy.gif

August_West

Reaction Score
When are you going to admit that the only reason you went last night was because you thought you were a shoe-in for several orders of free Buffalo Wild Wings?

with the way this team shoots? Im happy we broke 50.

Plus until the Arbys takeover of BWW is complete (you know about this, right? Arbys just bought them) I dont trust their wings.

Reaction Score
Funny, I said something similar on here a few months ago - that the Knicks were in a better place going forward than our program - and I got laughed off the board.

Reaction Score

I hear you. UConn of late is having me look for additional fan attention/expansion. I was a 'very' long time Knick fan and I'm thinking about getting back on the bandwagon.

Reaction Score
I find myself watching the UConn women lately for relief. Yes it’s like OxyContin but being a UCMBB and Giants fan the pain is excruciating

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hear you. UConn of late is having me look for additional fan attention/expansion. I was a 'very' long time Knick fan and I'm thinking about getting back on the bandwagon.
I watched them a couple weeks ago vs. the Hornets and, as hard as it was to root against Kemba and Jeremy, it was a thrilling win and a great game to watch. Porzingis is tremendously entertaining and ridiculously talented and tough. He gets the crap banged out of him on almost every play. Thank God his recent ankle injury is not serious, but my one concern is that, with the way he plays and the extent to which they have to rely on him, he seems bound to get seriously hurt sooner or later.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

i-feel-your-pain.jpg

The Celtics are fun as hell to root for. But the rest of my teams? Blech.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I've restructured my life so that all of my eggs are in the UConn basket with no backup.
That said I'm watching my 4th Michigan State game this month, all against ACC teams. Oh wait...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
i-feel-your-pain.jpg

Brad is easy to root for, but man they start 2 dookies....that’s never “fun” to root for

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Brad is easy to root for, but man they start 2 dookies....that’s never “fun” to root for

Name on the front of the jersey, dude.

Tatum and Kyrie are fun as hell to root for. They're Celtics. Who cares where they pretended to go to school for a year? I probably watched them play a combined grand total of 5 games for Ratface.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Name on the front of the jersey, dude.

Tatum and Kyrie are fun as hell to root for. They're Celtics. Who cares where they pretended to go to school for a year? I probably watched them play a combined grand total of 5 games for Ratface.

I love IT, but that trade though. Between that and the draft day trade (and all the others), other GMs probably scared sh@#less about dealing with Trader Danny at this point.

Ainge crushed this offseason, Hayward injury aside.

Reaction Score
i-feel-your-pain.jpg

The Sox will be decent but have no reasonable expectation to advance beyond the ALDS, and all of the drama really makes it difficult.

And the Giants? Ugh . . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom