Omar | The Boneyard

Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Omar is locked in offensively, only got a few looks tonight and drained them all. He's moving better than I ever remember and his release seems even quicker these days. His shot is a little funky but he gets it off so quickly. He's really hunting his shots and I expect him to be a huge part of this team, we are much more dangerous now that he's back.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Omar is locked in offensively, only got a few looks tonight and drained them all.
Not all. The first one looked bad all the way around; got much better after that though.

Reaction Score
Kinda wish KO didn't pull him after he was a step behind chasing his man and gave up the 3. With the way the offense was working he would've found more shot attempts and I want him in a groove and as settled in as possible. He had a few go in and out on him but he looked pretty good tonight.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not sure how he only got 16 minutes tonight, while Rodney was allowed to stay out there for 27. (And I'm a Rodney fan.)

Ollie needs to do a better job finding minutes for Omar.
i think it was to hopefully try and find another ball handler so boat can play off the ball and rest, thats what im thinking... but yeah definitely omar needs to average over 20-25 minutes

Reaction Score
things are happenings people. omar purv cassell and lubin, those prospects are really starting to develop... FAST. omar is something else love him

H

huskymagic

Omar was very good out there and much better than The Buick out there. Kevin Ollie's fetish for Purvis knows no bounds when Omar was clearly playing better he takes him out. Omar definitely looked disgruntled when Ollie pulled him out at the end. Rakim Lubin also very good and we don't see him at least for the last 2 minutes of the game. Omar and Rakim Lubin have earned some extra minutes.T-Sam also very good handling the ball, rebounding, and good glue guy. Cassel Jr didn't show anything he hasn't shown before. He was a beneficiary of Kevin Ollie playing him big minutes and some garbage plays resulting from Brimah and Lubin tipping the ball on rebounds.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I want to give Omar a lot of credit. I didn't think there was any chance a male athlete would come back from hip surgery and even be able to play. We may always wonder "what if" with Omar, but the fact that he is as productive as he showed tonight is a credit to the training staff and most importantly Omar Calhoun. Nice work.

Reaction Score
Omar has Rashad-like confidence at the moment and that is a beautiful thing.

Reaction Score
8893 said:
Not all. The first one looked bad all the way around; got much better after that though.

First one was end of shot clock (maybe 5 ticks). At that point, it's a might as well chuck it moment.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Omar missed his first 3 threes, one badly. But what's a real good sign is he did not hesitate and made the next 2. He looks like he's confident enough to really help this year, like it!

The bad one was an end of shot clock miss. He had time for an up fake and dribble drive, but there was a risk of dribbling into a shot clock violation. Better to just chuck it up and hope it goes in or hope you get a rebound.

Edit; Whoops - same thread as the last time I posted this. Thought it was another thread. Oh well.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
after sleep walking for the first 15 minutes it was nice to see UCONN take over and see Omar play as well as he did. He needs more minutes and Cassell needs less. Omar is a better shooter and an overall better player.

Reaction Score
What I don't think people understand about the Sam Jr minutes vs Omar is they differ. Sam is coming in to be another ball handler and compared to Omar, rightfully so. Omar does deserve more time and he will get it if he continues to impact the games like this. He's a better overall player than Sam, yes. But he can't be the 2nd ball handler, ever. So Sam will come in with Boat or TSam to help out. It may happen that Sam Jr is the 3rd guard but not often - I don't think Omar has to worry too much about his time, he's going to continue to get more if makes shots.

Reaction Score
cassell should not play
Cassell needs to go to the deepest regions of the bench for a while

yall should watch whole basketball possessions. cassell does things on the court that aren't seen by shot attempts . he is a CLEVER passer. he is also an outstanding entry AND skip passer. he is very very smart on the floor, that doesn't mean he needs extended tick. he is an asset and improving fast. he offers great spacing as well. chill before you start digging his grave, juco to d1 is a hard adjustment. trust me

Reaction Score
He needs more minutes and Cassell needs less.
1. Omar is still working on overall game fitness. You can see he starts dragging about about 2.5 minutes on the court at a time.
2. Omar and Cassell play different spots. They're not taking minutes from each other.
3. As frustrating as Cassell can be, he was on the court for the game-changing run at the end of the first half.
4. The minutes Cassell gets now will help him contribute more at the end of the season and for the next two years.
5. Only a chode would use a positive thread about one player as an excuse to take a shot at another.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
after sleep walking for the first 15 minutes it was nice to see UCONN take over and see Omar play as well as he did. He needs more minutes and Cassell needs less. Omar is a better shooter and an overall better player.

You don't like Cassell. We get it. Move on.

Reaction Score
Man some people just can't be watching the same game I do. Whacked!

Was that directed at my point about the shot clock? It might not be, but here's the pxp from his first shot attempt (the bad miss), in case others thought my point was off:

12:084-11Chris Perry made Jumper.
12:03Connecticut Timeout
11:40Official TV Timeout
11:33Omar Calhoun missed Three Point Jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom