Omar showing some toughness | The Boneyard

Omar showing some toughness

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I really liked what I saw out of Calhoun today. The 11 points were great but I liked the 5 boards and constant hustle/tenacity he showed throughout. OC has every right to hold his head up high today. PN had another great out-of-the box score performance. He only had 3 official rebounds but had several tap-outs to keep possessions alive and once again played excellent defense. 6 of his 13 rebounds on the season have come within the past two games, so you have to like that trend.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Omar played well for not being on the court much in forever... Our boy Facey tho! Kid keeps impressing and he just seems to be a kid willing to soak in everything KO preaches....

Reaction Score
Omar had a nose for the ball today which I loved. He clearly still needs to get back in the swing of things, but looked really encouraging today...especially on the drives to the hoop today too!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this. Haven't watched the game yet but was happy to see OC's line. Good to hear it wasn't just numbers.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I see Omar as being a pretty good glue guy if he can keep this up against better competition. He's not as accurate from three or big enough to muscle around in the post as Giffey was, and he doesn't come close to the lockdown defense of Kromah, but something in that vein.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Like everyone else it was good to see him driving consistently to the basket. He isn't explosive going to the rim, but he is willing to make contact and take the awkward fall. That alone is reason for encouragement.

Add in the rebounding, defense and overall hustle and we are seeing the new Calhoun and what to expect. If he keeps this up, his playing time will give Ollie another option on how to rest Hamilton and give more lineup wrinkles.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think he and Phil will be huge in terms of playing their roles and giving us leadership next year on a team that will probably feature a freshman and a sophomore.

Reaction Score
After his cameo appearance in the Columbia game, I did not believe Omar would be able to get back to his frosh year form. I'm so happy he proved me wrong... or at least has taken the first big step back.

Reaction Score
What I liked is that he did not hesitate to shoot. That's what we need; to find an outside shooter who will take the open shot. With confidence he can fill that role (and more) admirably. Very good to see.

Reaction Score
What I liked is that he did not hesitate to shoot. That's what we need; to find an outside shooter who will take the open shot. With confidence he can fill that role (and more) admirably. Very good to see.

Ollie obviously gave him the green light in the first half. Some corner three's that missed lead to weird rebounds that CCSU grabbed. But he kept shooting and hit a few. Good to see.

He played PG at the end. So I blame him for us not getting our Buffalo Wild Wings. ;)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Liked that he attacked the rim hard today especially in transition. Did well on the boards too. If he can keep that up he'd be an awesome 6th man to bring in.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Omar and Facey contributing was just what the doctor ordered, at least from my point of view - someone to step up and provide some offense. More contributions, more confidence in conference play means... well, not much unless it's consistent, but we clearly can't rely on all Boatright everything. I hope to see those guys and Samuel providing offensive sparks.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Omar and Facey contributing was just what the doctor ordered, at least from my point of view - someone to step up and provide some offense. More contributions, more confidence in conference play means... well, not much unless it's consistent, but we clearly can't rely on all Boatright everything. I hope to see those guys and Samuel providing offensive sparks.

And don't forget Purvis coming to life the last couple games. He needs to be that consistent scoring option to go with Boat.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Missed the game - had company. What happened with Face? Extra oatmeal for breakfast???

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
And don't forget Purvis coming to life the last couple games. He needs to be that consistent scoring option to go with Boat.
Yea I was also surprised there hasnt been much love for Purvis... He seems to be coming into form... Now if he can only start showing off that vertical

Reaction Score
Loved the fluidity Omar moved with today and the spring in his step. I'm sure this comparison has been made before, if KO can get Omar to be this team's Rash Jones, we could really have something there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't know if it was toughness - he didn't mug anyone - but he was definitely active and moving very, very well.

Very encouraging.
I saw toughness on several possessions where he didn't blink despite imminent contact, and didn't hesitate to mix it up to go after loose balls. I know it's what we should expect from all our players, but I was worried whether we'd ever see him playing that way again. I was definitely encouraged by his spirit today.

Reaction Score
Omar looked faster again, that 's a good thing. Played some decent D and ran down a couple loose balls even hitting the deck for one. Liked what I saw - if he mad another 1 or 2 threes it would've been a great day for him! As it was, it's a great start

Reaction Score
Its more than just round ball people..fet that thru ur heads u have to realize that this kid is all about basketball..his whole life was bball and he might just think that his worth is based on how he does in said basketball..a lot is riding on this kid in his eyes at least in that the next year or two will be him being known as a success or failure in life...now i do t think that his parents sont think that but wen u eat breath sleep drink breathe eat etc etc etc etc bball to him his whole life rides on his bball and he has tons of pressure..but i believe in him i do i love his name and i love he chose uconn as his family this kid will be the fuckin mannnnnn im telling u right fuckin now this dude is destined for success. I can see it yreeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom