Omar Recruiting Purvis | The Boneyard

Omar Recruiting Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love OC's attitude.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He would be a tremendous addition to the UConn family. With myself, Ryan Boatright andShabazz Napier, the legacy of UConn basketball will continue to be in full effect.” I'm already loving this kids attitude

Reaction Score
Seriously recruiting a kid who will be playing the same position as u, that's awesome. Team first already

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why did Purvis decommit from 'ville?

Reaction Score
My biggest fear was what kind of effect a Purvis commitment would have on O Calhoun and he's already squashed that.

Seriously recruiting a kid who will be playing the same position as u, that's awesome. Team first already

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that's really impressive. i believe JC must be telling these kids that they can not only coexist, but even play on the court together.

Reaction Score
Regarding the issue of Calhoun and Purvis playing the same position, wasn't there some mention that the fact UConn wanted Purvis to play PG part of the reason why Goodwin dropped UConn?

Whether that is true or not, I am confident JC can find playing time for both.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Q: Is there any news on how Rodney Purvis' visit went last Friday?
Jeff
Cromwell
A: Hi Jefff, yes, as few of you have asked about recruiting. (As you know, the Big East/ACC thing has been taking up a lot of attention!) I did get up to UConn on Thursday to watch some pickup ball and see what I could pick up.
Rodney Purvis, a Class of '13 guard, an elite recruit from North Carolina, did make what was termed an "unofficial visit" to Storrs on Sept. 16. People around the team feel like it went well, but I couldn't get much of a read on where he might be leaning.
Purvis committed to Louisville, then de-committed after assistant coach Tim Fuller left the staff, and he has been saying that he plans to take his time and get to know all the coaches on various staffs before making his decision. UConn is on his list, along with Memphis, Missouri, Ohio State, Virginia Commonwealth, NC State and NC Central.
His mother played basketball at NC Central. It may depend on how far from home he wants to play.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis, a Class of '13 guard, an elite recruit from North Carolina, did make what was termed an "unofficial visit" to Storrs on Sept. 16. People around the team feel like it went well, but I couldn't get much of a read on where he might be leaning.
Purvis committed to Louisville, then de-committed after assistant coach Tim Fuller left the staff, and he has been saying that he plans to take his time and get to know all the coaches on various staffs before making his decision. UConn is on his list, along with Memphis, Missouri, Ohio State, Virginia Commonwealth, NC State and NC Central.
His mother played basketball at NC Central. It may depend on how far from home he wants to play.
That's a pretty interesting list. I know VCU made a nice run last year, Memphis seems to be doing well even after the squid left, but logically, the 2 best programs seem to be UCONN or OSU. and JC has accomplished a lot more than Matta has the last 6 or 7 years...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Makes a quick comment about Napier possibly going to the NBA early. I hadn't really considered that given his size.

I don't think there's actually anything behind it at this point. He's just speculating. The point he's making is that it is a nice hedge to our bets, no matter what happens.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty interesting list. I know VCU made a nice run last year, Memphis seems to be doing well even after the squid left, but logically, the 2 best programs seem to be UCONN or OSU. and JC has accomplished a lot more than Matta has the last 6 or 7 years...

I seem to remember reading that he has family (maybe an uncle?) who is coaching at NC Central or VCU?

The reason Missouri is on there is that the coach who was recruiting him and got him to commit to Louisville, switched from UL to Missouri. NC State is very close to his home.

Not sure about OSU and Memphis.

Reaction Score
OK it's PC to let family know their school is under consideration.... but "really"?

As nice a season as VCU had (if it is VCU we're talking about), is it in the kids best interest to be coached by uncle Geoge or HOF, 3x NC, develops most talent into the league coach JC and NBA experienced staff?

Hmmm let me think about that.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember reading that he has family (maybe an uncle?) who is coaching at NC Central or VCU?

The reason Missouri is on there is that the coach who was recruiting him and got him to commit to Louisville, switched from UL to Missouri. NC State is very close to his home.

Not sure about OSU and Memphis.

I think his connection with NC Central is that his mom went there. There could be other connections but I remember reading about that one.

Reaction Score
And we were all worried what Omar would think of us recruiting Purvis...
Can't wait for this kid to come next year. He's got a great attitude and seems like all he wants is to win.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Makes a quick comment about Napier possibly going to the NBA early. I hadn't really considered that given his size.

Yeah, that was surprising to see that in print. Not too likely, unless perhaps he has a Kemba junior year type season and we go very far.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that was surprising to see that in print. Not too likely, unless perhaps he has a Kemba junior year type season and we go very far.

I don't think it really requires that. DJ Augustine is of similar stature and build, and I don't think there's much separating them athletically either, and he went lottery after a great sophomore season that was not on the level of Kemba's junior season. I'm still unsure as to what type of season Shabazz is going to have but I think it's going to be better than Kemba's sophomore year in terms of consistency and quality of play, all of the feedback from outside sources is that Shabazz had a great summer, I think he's gonna surprise some folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom