Omar Recruiting Purvis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Omar Recruiting Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get this whole thing about Shabazz to the pros. There is not much chance of that. Alex would be more likely but he isn't going either.
Theres no way of predicting how much Shabazz and Alex improve this year to help their draft stock. I agree there is little chance Shabazz goes pro next year, but to think Alex is for sure not going to the NBA next year is crazy. Most people have him projected as late first round pick already, and the addition of AD will only help him. This very well could be the last season we see Alex in a UConn jersey. For now, lets just enjoy this team and see what happens.

Reaction Score
Bazz is a 4 year player. Leaving early would not be in his best interests. Nothing wrong with having a senior point guard with national championship experience to keep the program steady with other guys and possibly a coach leaving early.

Reaction Score
Having seen Purvis play (I live just outside of Raleigh,NC), i'm not sure whether he's a PG or a combo...but he is REALLY GOOD...one concern i'd have is that none of the 3 ( RB, OC and Purvis) are true Points...but in JC we trust

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I get the impression RB is a pg who can shoot.

Reaction Score
Having seen Purvis play (I live just outside of Raleigh,NC), i'm not sure whether he's a PG or a combo...but he is REALLY GOOD...one concern i'd have is that none of the 3 ( RB, OC and Purvis) are true Points...but in JC we trust

I think its too early to say whether RB is a true point yet, he was forced to carry the scoring load for his HS team because he had to(much like Kemba last year). I know its only pro-am but one thing both Dave Borges and Mike Anthony pointed out was how impressed they were with Boat's passing ability.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for 3 years out of Bazz, hopefully 4. I want him to instill the defensive oriented approach to new recruits. It's naive to think AO has no chance to go pro next year, he was already a stud last year. The idea of Purvis and OC in the backcourt blows my mind. Would give JC his first Rose/Westbrook like PG.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm hoping for 3 years out of Bazz, hopefully 4. I want him to instill the defensive oriented approach to new recruits. It's naive to think AO has no chance to go pro next year, he was already a stud last year. The idea of Purvis and OC in the backcourt blows my mind. Would give JC his first Rose/Westbrook like PG.
I want only one more year from Shabazz because he leads UConn to a BE regular season and BE tournament championship and an NCAA championship. Ok I can dream can't I?

Reaction Score

I love Shabazz but he's a 4 year guy. His skills may be 3 years but his size doesn't even make him a definite for the next level.

Reaction Score
Somebody earlier in the thread made a comment about DJ Augustine. Shabazz is measured at 6'0, there are multiple 6'0 pg's in the league who play a lot of minutes. I wouldn't speak in absolutes mau.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Omar is going to get buckets for us. Can't wait for this kid

Reaction Score
Purvis and Omar is a great backcourt. But lets not just discount Ryan like that as someone who has seen him play a lot, him an Purvis will be a freaky athletic backcourt. I do think Ryan can transition to being a true PG. The kid has matured a ton in the last two years. His pullup midrange jumper will be deadly from the start of this year.

Reaction Score
His pullup midrange jumper will be deadly from the start of this year.

What I'm looking forward to see. I grew up with a guy who had that kind of game & big heart. Despite being <6' and dismissed as too small to make it at every stage of his career... he proved every doubter wrong and was inducted into HOF.

Now maybe RB is not all that but what I've read is reminiscent to this early stage. We'll see. Sounds like an exciting talent.

Reaction Score
Purvis and Omar is a great backcourt. But lets not just discount Ryan like that as someone who has seen him play a lot, him an Purvis will be a freaky athletic backcourt. I do think Ryan can transition to being a true PG. The kid has matured a ton in the last two years. His pullup midrange jumper will be deadly from the start of this year.

Agreed on Ryan, real exciting addition and his scoring skills are scary. He and Bazz, along with Purvis and of course Omar would give UConn mulitple looks for years to come. The fact Omar and Purvis are bigger guards gives them a very nice 3 guard look on occasion if preferred. Who knows the occasional "Nova" look could happen if this comes to fruition in 12-13.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
to me it seems every freshman coming into college isn't a true point guard bc they were able to score at will when they wanted... i do feel boatright will be a pg, and will give bazz a much needed break at times... his midrange j is great for a freshman coming in... we can run so many different looks depending on the situations this yr and next

Reaction Score
Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that Shabazz will be here for 4 years. Not for a lack of talent, but simply because of his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom