Omar Calhoun | The Boneyard

Omar Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think Dom sits on his column until we get on him. This isn't the first time he's immediately responded.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Where's the "salvo"/"immediate response"?

But anyway, super excited to see an improved Omar. I hope I drive a lot of people crazy when I'm yelling OMAAAAARRR at the bar as he sinks threes like I did NEEEEEIIIIILLLSSS this last year.

Reaction Score
I admit I'm not a big Calhoun fan but love the story and determination. Hope he becomes our Giffey/Kromah in the future.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Where's the "salvo"/"immediate response"?

But anyway, super excited to see an improved Omar. I hope I drive a lot of people crazy when I'm yelling OMAAAAARRR at the bar as he sinks threes like I did NEEEEEIIIIILLLSSS this last year.
just a lil joke...Dom follows up a "who is the worst UConn reporter" thread on the boneyard aimed at him with a great read on Omar.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if we ever had a player with so much to prove as Omar. If he can deliver ain't no stopping us.

I hope he gets the loudest of cheers on First Night!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Wouldlove to see 20 mpg 8 ppg 40% from 3. I think he can fill a hole, perimeter shooting. We lost 4 great perimeter shooters. I think were going to be more of a transition scoring team this year.

Reaction Score
Wouldlove to see 20 mpg 8 ppg 40% from 3. I think he can fill a hole, perimeter shooting. We lost 4 great perimeter shooters. I think were going to be more of a transition scoring team this year.

Yeah his 3 point shooting needs to come back to in the mid-to-high 30's in % and also needs to rebound and defend a little to get minutes back. I think the minutes are going to vary for guys like Omar, TSam, Cassell Jr, Facey and Lubin based on game to game match ups and performances. I would expect them all to be 8-16 minute guys depending on their play on certain nights.......I doubt any get 20 minutes too often.........

Of course if Rock gets triple digit boards he's playing a lot! ;)

Reaction Score
Leave Dom alone..the main thing here is how can you not root for Omar to have a great year?

I've been a huge Omar fan and appreciate his loyalty…Dom not so much. It's pathetic that we have to praise Dom for doing his freaking job once in a blue moon.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I hope that he returns to form. He seems like a good kid.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't know anyone who isn't rooting hard for OC's success this year. I appreciate how and am impressed with how he handled last year. I wouldn't have handled it that well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think he starts but the 3-hole ultimately becomes a time share with Hamilton.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Well his hips are clearly healed based on his time in the Husky Run.

Reaction Score
I think he starts but the 3-hole ultimately becomes a time share with Hamilton.

I really hope Omar has a breakout year and helps the team in whatever way possible. But I also hope DHam is our starter because if he's not we're not going to be as good as we should be. DHam's size and ability to create off the dribble will be important to the overall effectiveness of this offense and Boats ability to be a real good PG. And DHam seems to be able to rebound effectively - I know we haven't seen anything yet but we need I'm to be as good as advertised or close eventually.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I really hope Omar has a breakout year and helps the team in whatever way possible. But I also hope DHam is our starter because if he's not we're not going to be as good as we should be. DHam's size and ability to create off the dribble will be important to the overall effectiveness of this offense and Boats ability to be a real good PG. And DHam seems to be able to rebound effectively - I know we haven't seen anything yet but we need I'm to be as good as advertised or close eventually.
Hamilton may end up with more minutes by season's end, but Calhoun is probably the starter to begin the year, based solely on experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom