Omar Article | The Boneyard

Omar Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem with OC last year wasn't related to his athletcism . He was taking unneeded terrible shots and never playing defense . Completely aloof on both ends of the floor . I hope he doesn't try to do too much or he could find himself with basement efficiencies once again.

Reaction Score
The problem with OC last year wasn't related to his athletcism . He was taking unneeded terrible shots and never playing defense . Completely aloof on both ends of the floor . I hope he doesn't try to do too much or he could find himself with basement efficiencies once again.

If you're saying that the hip surgery had nothing to do with his lost season then you know more than Ollie, the staff, and the kid himself.

Reaction Score
Only wish Alex O and Roscoe did the same a couple years back.:confused:

Really hope he's a big part of this years team he deserves it more than anyone with this kind of attitude during some trying times!

Reaction Score
If you're saying that the hip surgery had nothing to do with his lost season then you know more than Ollie, the staff, and the kid himself.
I'm pulling for him. Its just I would think they would have noticed he was a 'step slower' in the pre season, and maybe should have red shirted him. Then again maybe ollie was worried about his depth and needed more personnel. Going into the season the staff/OC seemed confident , so much so that they started him a bunch, almost being blindsided by his horrendous play.

I think his play suffered more because he wasn't used to be a bench guy. always being a starter (his whole frosh year too) , it must have been tough being relegated to spot minutes. especially being a 5star prospect.

Reaction Score
I'm pulling for him. Its just I would think they would have noticed he was a 'step slower' in the pre season, and maybe should have red shirted him. Then again maybe ollie was worried about his depth and needed more personnel. Going into the season the staff/OC seemed confident , so much so that they started him a bunch, almost being blindsided by his horrendous play.

I think his play suffered more because he wasn't used to be a bench guy. always being a starter (his whole frosh year too) , it must have been tough being relegated to spot minutes. especially being a 5star prospect.

I'd imagine KO and the staff figured he would play himself into shape as the season went on, and started him as a way to keep up his confidence, until ultimately it became impossible to do so anymore(KO pulled the plug on that before Jan 1st so its not like he held on too long).

I gotta say at this point I'm rooting for Omar to bounce back for not only himself and the team, but to silence the portion of the UConn fanbase that have shoveled dirt on his career. I've never seen someone have an injury/surgery just discounted and tossed aside as not a factor like I've seen with Omar, the dude had double hip surgery and no time to work on his game, should he not be cut a lil bit of slack for his performance last season?

Reaction Score
I gotta say at this point I'm rooting for Omar to bounce back for not only himself and the team, but to silence the portion of the UConn fanbase that have shoveled dirt on his career. I've never seen someone have an injury/surgery just discounted and tossed aside as not a factor like I've seen with Omar, the dude had double hip surgery and no time to work on his game, should he not be cut a lil bit of slack for his performance last season?
You'd think between that and the loyalty he showed when he could have bounced and went to another top school, people on here would actually cut him some slack.

It's really strange how much vitriol gets spewed his way.

pj

Reaction Score
You'd think between that and the loyalty he showed when he could have bounced and went to another top school, people on here would actually cut him some slack.

It's really strange how much vitriol gets spewed his way.

I haven't seen vitriol. Some people have downgraded their expectations for his UConn career, thinking that he can only play the 3 and that DHam will surpass him there. I think everyone respects his effort and is rooting for him to come back better than ever, with his shot back to form and the rest of his game improved. We'll find out soon enough which it is.

Reaction Score
Omar missed wide open shots. I didn't see many bad shots. He just wasn't making them. Perfectly understandable that his misses were related to his recovery from surgery. He was making those shots as a freshman.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I wish him all the best. I'm looking forward to D Ham but he is a freshman. I hope OC makes it a friendly battle for playing time.

Reaction Score
omar needs to get his high school mindset back

visualize the kid who ravished the playgrounds of nyc and had tons of fun and got it done

like a mlb hurler coming back from tommy john surgery , a playa needs to turn it loose and go all out and be fearless

if omar can do this then" freshman plus plus a plus" will be his rating and destiny

omar is a proven commodity-anybody see his game tying 3 ball vs that georgee c 7 gang when gif had the buzzer beating steal and launch to graze air

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Just a reminder to some of you. You really need a pair of strong , healthy hips in order to play Division 1 , NCAA basketball . There's no way around it. Slack Must be cut for Omar.

Reaction Score
Omar missed wide open shots. I didn't see many bad shots. He just wasn't making them. Perfectly understandable that his misses were related to his recovery from surgery. He was making those shots as a freshman.
And in high school. The surgeries set him back, and then when the shots started missing it got in his head. Needed to re-boot the computer, let it sit for 5 minutes, start over. That's what he's done, and I don't think KO bs's people. If KO says he's ready, then he's ready.

Reaction Score
He can be the player he was freshman year and then some. He would not have fallen so far so fast w/o the injuries. All reports sound good but we shall see soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom