Ollie's coaching style | The Boneyard

Ollie's coaching style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was loving what Ollie brought to the team last night. I used to be very entertained by calhouns screaming and his anger toward refs, but it's so nice to see a coach support his players even when they make mistakes. I think kids and parents are going to see that and love what kind of a coach KO is. Rather than shouting at a guy who knows he made the wrong pass or tried to do too much, he shouts at them telling what he would have liked to see in a supportive manner, so they'll want to make that switch on the next chance. Got a lot of games to go and so many things have me excited for the season

Keep up the great work Coach, these kids love going to battle for you

Reaction Score
Love him or hate him....Calhoun is arguably the best in game tactician to ever coach on the sidelines. There were peaks and obvious valleys with certain players over the years BUT last night at times I really found myself missing the guy quite a bit. I like Ollie A LOT though and think he will grow up fast and be a super super coach.

I had a feeling at some point it would really resonate and JC's Hall of Fame absence would be more noteworthy. Maybe because this season has a different feel to it than last year do to our being eligible.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Feel like Ollie could have done a lot better on the sidelines in terms of timeouts, plays, and substitutions. He's learning though. We'll never have another coach like JC though, so comparing him to Ollie isn't entirely fair.

Reaction Score
Feel like Ollie could have done a lot better on the sidelines in terms of timeouts, plays, and substitutions. He's learning though. We'll never have another coach like JC though, so comparing him to Ollie isn't entirely fair.

He called a great TO when Deandre was going to turn it over on a shot clock violation or over and back by handing it off to Boat backwards real late in the game!!

Reaction Score
What? Don't you miss the quick hook by Calhoun? However, I will say this. Ollie was taking taking them out after 1 foul instead of Calhouns two before the half. I think he did that to tell them to be more careful and calm them down. they they came back in later in the half. DeAndre was the first to come out quickly, but came back in later.

I'm still waiting for Ollie to go off on a Ref though........If we were loosing, I hope the Technical would have been his time to get in the face of the ref. He's saving his bullets I guess.

Reaction Score
What? Don't you miss the quick hook by Calhoun? However, I will say this. Ollie was taking taking them out after 1 foul instead of Calhouns two before the half. I think he did that to tell them to be more careful and calm them down. they they came back in later in the half. DeAndre was the first to come out quickly, but came back in later.

I'm still waiting for Ollie to go off on a Ref though........If we were loosing, I hope the Technical would have been his time to get in the face of the ref. He's saving his bullets I guess.

I noticed one real touchy call on Boat before a TV timeout he was not happy and went right to the referee who called it.......different style but he does need to wear the stripes down once in a while I believe.......no doubt it worked for JC, unfortunately not always in his favor!! LOL

Reaction Score

I think Ollie is biting his tongue with the refs because he plans on being around for a very long time. Doesn't want to get off on the wrong foot with the refs. I really think this could have been a tactic coached to him by JC, just that he can't be the fiery bulldog that Calhoun was early on or the refs will really hate him.

I have to say too, I felt the calls were going our way most of the night, and even in wins there aren't many times I've felt that way in my decades of fandom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom