Ollie's Army | The Boneyard

Ollie's Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I want YOU to enlist or be drafted. Step right up and get behind our new head coach, and give our old head coach the best gift he could hope for from us: Showing him that we have learned what he taught us, i.e., that belief in and support of the program can have transcendent power.

I can't make Warde Manuel change the terms of the contract. I can't turn Kevin into Demosthenes. But I can be part of a grassroots fan effort to support Kevin and show him that we are behind him.

It would be especially great imo if the students formed a crew a la Lavin's Loonies, Cameron Crazies, etc. and rallied to show a groundswell of support for him. Perhaps the more skilled among us could come up with Ollie's Army shirts, which could be as simple as a throwback early 90's #12 UConn jersey with "Ollie's Army" on it, or not. Camouflage options? Whatever. If someone makes it, I'll buy it and wear it, especially to games. I want to do what I can to help him succeed, and I think a grassroots fan effort to support him would gain some traction and be contagious.

Hell, I'm so drunk on the thought that I'm already flashing forward to late-season games where the crowd chants "Let them play!" in protest that such a great team and story is being shut out of the post-season.

Hey, a guy can dream, right? If there's anything I've learned from Calhoun, it's that dreams sometimes come true.

Y'all in?

H

Husk-E

I think this is a great idea too. If someone made a jersey like that I would buy it definitely. I think that KO has pretty much already gained the fans support but we can still give him more. I am enlisted in Ollie's army from here on out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So...does anyone have any thoughts on where I might be able to find an early 90's style #12 UConn jersey, a la KO's in my avatar photo? I'm hoping that the Coop, Husky Wear or someone starts selling them soon, but I'm curious whether anyone is aware of another source where I may be able to get one.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its simple for me. if warde oesn't give KO at least 4 years, i will not buy tickets to bball games but to further that i will go on a rampage media wise with it.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
its simple for me. if warde oesn't give KO at least 4 years, i will not buy tickets to bball games but to further that i will go on a rampage media wise with it.
Does your plan involve stumbling around in a drunken stupor ranting at total strangers? If so, where will this be? I'd like to come for....ummm..."documentation" purposes...

Reaction Score
It won't be the old style, but you can create a custom jersey in blue or white on the new Uconn web page.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Great idea for shirts! Enlist me. See "Home Game chant thread- Ollie Bomaye"

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I want YOU to enlist or be drafted. Step right up and get behind our new head coach, and give our old head coach the best gift he could hope for from us: Showing him that we have learned what he taught us, i.e., that belief in and support of the program can have transcendent power.

I can't make Warde Manuel change the terms of the contract. I can't turn Kevin into Demosthenes. But I can be part of a grassroots fan effort to support Kevin and show him that we are behind him.

It would be especially great imo if the students formed a crew a la Lavin's Loonies, Cameron Crazies, etc. and rallied to show a groundswell of support for him. Perhaps the more skilled among us could come up with Ollie's Army shirts, which could be as simple as a throwback early 90's #12 UConn jersey with "Ollie's Army" on it, or not. Camouflage options? Whatever. If someone makes it, I'll buy it and wear it, especially to games. I want to do what I can to help him succeed, and I think a grassroots fan effort to support him would gain some traction and be contagious.

Hell, I'm so drunk on the thought that I'm already flashing forward to late-season games where the crowd chants "Let them play!" in protest that such a great team and story is being shut out of the post-season.

Hey, a guy can dream, right? If there's anything I've learned from Calhoun, it's that dreams sometimes come true.

Y'all in?
I'm hoping for a chant of "NCAA Sucks" or something to that effect late in the season.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I'm hoping for a chant of "NCAA Sucks" or something to that effect late in the season.
Usually, I see any profane chant as just low rent.

This year I will make an exception, if just to prove the rule.

clap-clap clap-clap-clap
Emm-ertt!!!
clap-clap clap-clap-clap
Emm-ertt!!!
clap-clap clap-clap-clap
Emm-ertt!!!

...ad nauseam...

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score

Y'all in?

Y'all bet I'm in! Put me down for 2 shirts (wife is a true Husky Hoops fanatic - has a hat with sigs of EVERY member of the '99 squad)). Uncertain if KO is a great coach, but I do know he's a great individual and we support him 100%

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It won't be the old style, but you can create a custom jersey in blue or white on the new Uconn web page.
Thanks. This appears to be the only option. The fact that I can't get "Connecticut" instead of "UConn" likely kills it for me. I've made some inquiries of people who know, and it looks like we'll be launching rockets from Gampel over the Boneyard statue of JC before we'll see a throwback #12 "Connecticut" jersey, unfortunately.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Usually, I see any profane chant as just low rent.

This year I will make an exception, if just to prove the rule.

clap-clap clap-clap-clap
Emm-ertt!!!
Lance Thomas
North Carolina Football Players
clap-clap clap-clap-clap
Emm-ertt!!!
Lance Thomas
clap-clap clap-clap-clap
Emm-ertt!!!
Lance Thomas

...ad nauseam...

Reaction Score
Thanks. This appears to be the only option. The fact that I can't get "Connecticut" instead of "UConn" likely kills it for me. I've made some inquiries of people who know, and it looks like we'll be launching rockets from Gampel over the Boneyard statue of JC before we'll see a throwback #12 "Connecticut" jersey, unfortunately.
It is possible if enough of us appeal to Nike that we want this that they make a limited run. Would be awesome to see the entire student section in them

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It is possible if enough of us appeal to Nike that we want this that they make a limited run. Would be awesome to see the entire student section in them
I agree it would be awesome. But I learned more than I ever wanted to know about the process and what it would take. Suffice to say that I don't think we'll ever see it. For starters, the school would need to request it, not us. And from what I understand, they would need a minimum run of 3,000 jerseys at around $50 per.

Looking at the shot of KO in my avatar, I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a t-shirt with the jersey image superimposed on it, i.e., to look like you're wearing a t-shirt under the jersey. Kind of cheesy, like a tuxedo t-shirt, but maybe a so-bad-it's-good kind of thing. If nothing else, maybe seeing a group of sad sacks wearing them would motivate the powers that be to do what they need to do to get the real item made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom