ollie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
can we all just take notice to the elephant in the room here?? KO is going through a divorce. This is the toughest time in his life. I'm 24 and not married but I'd have to think that this is probably the most major life change for him ever since going to the NBA.

He is not himself. You can't blame him, but you also can't completely blame the players. His play calling/interest in the team has been shaky all year. We've all witnessed it and spoke about it before.

An event like this can change a person, and sh it I wish it wasn't happening midway through the season, but it did and he is not 100% there. I don't know how he's going to fix it, or if he ever is, but it needs to be addressed.

That being said, he's also not a great X's and O's guy. Ollie's strength is his motivation towards players and how he wills them to win. Hard to motivate other people when your mentally drained and most likely not motivated for life at the moment as well.

Life people. It doesn't stop for a college bball program. Even when your the head coach of a 4 time NC basketball squad.
If what you are saying is true, then he could have taken a leave of absence to get his head together.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Remember last year when he would stand up all game and play virtual defense on the sideline? Haven't seen any of that energy this year all I see is him sitting with his hands in his face every single game

Kinda like me. Anybody else?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If what you are saying is true, then he could have taken a leave of absence to get his head together.

I don't like to speculate about Ollie's state of mind, but I imagine he stuck it out this season because his wife filed for divorce in mid-November. The season had already started, so to decide to take the year off at that point may have seemed to him as if he were pulling the rug out from under the team. He's a fighter and views himself as such. I think he may have felt he can fight his way through whatever personal issues he has., for the sake of the team. Maybe it wasn't a good choice for him in hindsight, but I think it accurately reflects his character and attitude.

Reaction Score
Ollie is responsible for assembling this team. He is in charge of preparing them to come out ready to play. There are wins all over the place in this conference...even for a team apparently so flawed as ours that we cant' even take care of an NIT memphis team without their best player at home on senior night.

I saw Caron's first team in 2001 that made the NIT. They would have won every game against AAC competition with the exception of maybe at SMU and Cincy. That is how bad the talent is at UConn right now. That's on the coach. Even worse when you consider it's basically a Jalen for Boat trade next year when in reality we need an influx of new talent.
curious. how'd that NIT bound team do the following year?

Reaction Score
Ollie is responsible for assembling this team. He is in charge of preparing them to come out ready to play. There are wins all over the place in this conference...even for a team apparently so flawed as ours that we cant' even take care of an NIT memphis team without their best player at home on senior night.

I saw Caron's first team in 2001 that made the NIT. They would have won every game against AAC competition with the exception of maybe at SMU and Cincy. That is how bad the talent is at UConn right now. That's on the coach. Even worse when you consider it's basically a Jalen for Boat trade next year when in reality we need an influx of new talent.

The talent level in college basketball in general is not on par with what it was 14 years ago.

Reaction Score
Terribly coached game. From bizarre start to lack of play call at end of game. What was that. A game we should have won. This was not a game dedicated to just Ryan Boat right. We needed a win.
Tell me how you actually know what Ollie called. You don't have a clue.
Somehow a coach who bought home a NCC last year with a 60-1 shot forgot how to coach this year. I nominate you and Cheeky as co coaches to replace Ollie.

Reaction Score
27.8% shooting is not on Ollie. Getting outrebounded by a team missing its best post player is not on Ollie.
What about not having his team ready to play and going down double digits in the first five minutes? Ricky moore's fault? boats fault?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They have a bad start a lot. Perhaps Ollie should make it clearer when the game and scoring starts. Probably never told them they should play defense in the first half too.;)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What about not having his team ready to play and going down double digits in the first five minutes? Ricky moore's fault? boats fault?
how's it ollies fault that the kids dont want to hustle? you think he's accepting this? coaches coach, players play... ollie can scream and yell, sit and be quiet, smash the clipboard, none of that will make the players move their legs and heads unless the players want to... they need to take it upon themselves to get up for a game and get it together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom