ollie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not on ollie.......simply need better players. Boat did make poor decisions today, but he, brimah and hamilton are really only uconn quality players. Purvis hasn't played in a while so I'm hoping he steps up next year. The entire bench should get their schollys taken away. At this point Dan guest was equally effective as anyone else.....he fit right in and that's a huge problem. Ollie is gonna recruit like a madman during the off season. I can see it in his face when he just sits there because he like what did I just see.

Reaction Score
You weren't watching on Sunday apparently. Try to be accurate when you make blanket generalizations.
Haha that's funny how many games have you seen the same depressed facial expression on ollie? Don't recall ever seeing it last year. Not bashing Ollie just an observation

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Haha that's funny how many games have you seen the same depressed facial expression on ollie? Don't recall ever seeing it last year. Not bashing Ollie just an observation

Didn't say I haven't seen that facial expression. I just call out inaccuracy when I see it.

Reaction Score
He's not the one shooting the ball.
Apparently he design and calls the plays. Jumper after jumper after jumper....... Or they just dont respect what he says. Something wrong there. I am still an Ollie fan but he focused too much on senior night or something.

Reaction Score
I like Ollie. I loved how Calhoun picked his own guy. Last year was magical. But. Ollie has not been earning his game day, practice, or recruiting checks lately. He isn't getting a lot of help from that staff either. Holy wow.. this one hurts .

Reaction Score
I mean the best coaches are always up off the bench and working the refs. Ollie did this last year but due to lack of good players and personal issues he just doesn't have the urge to be emotional like he was last year. Hopefully he like the team can rebound from this awful year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Apparently he design and calls the plays. Jumper after jumper after jumper.. Or they just dont respect what he says. Something wrong there. I am still an Ollie fan but he focused too much on senior night or something.
and Lenehan had how many minutes tonight?

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Needed to keep taking it to the rim.. They were without their anchor and one of the best shot blockers in the nation in austin nichols. Goodwin and Godfrey both had early foul trouble and nick is a bit soft. We settled for jump shots that weren't in rhythm and paid for it dearly. The only shot at the ncaa is a an AAC tourney win now. I feel bad for boat but he must learn to be a better creator for his teammates to make it in the nba with his slight physical stature.

ps. I think our front court will look pretty stout next year. Hopefully we can get some the alum bigs to work with AB, PH, KF, RL(to a lesser extent), and Steven Enoch so they're ready when it comes time to step up next season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
uh bc we had bazz, daniels, giffey, kromah??? we had experience and veterans

Reaction Score
OK buddy point out some quality coaching in this game. It wasn't on our side of the court.
I'm dying. Great post. Enlighten us with lessons learned from your daughter's CYO team. This place is insane.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
How many consecutive long range jumpers do you let your team clank before you say enough is enough?...we went through a pretty comical stretch in the 2nd half where every1 thought they were Ray Allen...maybe KO gave them the green light, we all know TSam has his blessing to jack up a 3 in a tight game

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
mental toughness, none to be found

never had so many highs and lows in a single season, not even sure what to think

and yes, KO is in the center of it all. right, wrong or indifferent, it is what it is

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, it's the coaching. So sad that he lost it all from last year. Champs to chumps cuz the coach sucks. So easy to blame it on the coach. Bring back the HOF.

C

Chief00

Draw up the perfect play and it ends in a wide open shot that misses - is that a bad play?
Of course we did not even see a lot of that - just misses or guys not playing with confidence. It sucks playing this game if you can't shoot. The amazing thing is they shot like 27% and almost won.

Ollie needs to recruits some shooters and scorers.

Reaction Score
can we all just take notice to the elephant in the room here?? KO is going through a divorce. This is the toughest time in his life. I'm 24 and not married but I'd have to think that this is probably the most major life change for him ever since going to the NBA.

He is not himself. You can't blame him, but you also can't completely blame the players. His play calling/interest in the team has been shaky all year. We've all witnessed it and spoke about it before.

An event like this can change a person, and sh it I wish it wasn't happening midway through the season, but it did and he is not 100% there. I don't know how he's going to fix it, or if he ever is, but it needs to be addressed.

That being said, he's also not a great X's and O's guy. Ollie's strength is his motivation towards players and how he wills them to win. Hard to motivate other people when your mentally drained and most likely not motivated for life at the moment as well.

Life people. It doesn't stop for a college bball program. Even when your the head coach of a 4 time NC basketball squad.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We missed 5 consecutive layups and a tip in coming down the stretch. If we made one of them, is KO a better coach? Did he call for a shot clock violation in the last minute?
I saw KO getting on his players for taking too many jump shots.
I saw KO's "sad" face last year when we won everything. It os his face and it looks like that whenever he is frustrated.
I would not speculate on how his personal life is affecting him. He could feel liberated as well as depressed.
He did assemble this team, so he has responsibility there. But he did have both hands tied behind his back for most of that recruiting.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score

never had so many highs and lows in a single season, not even sure what to think

and yes, KO is in the center of it all. right, wrong or indifferent, it is what it is

Too bad they couldn't find a way to score when they were 5 on 4, for the luva Pete!!~
Too bad a walkon played and immediately gave up back to back 3's...
Too bad the "Ferrari" already seized up ....
I'm not sure who's driving this bus....

Reaction Score
I will say that the lazy cuts and half a$$ed screens annoy me but seriously - What kind of plays do you expect to run when a team packs it in and gives you open jumpers? There is no spacing available and the problem is more on the players/recruiting than on KO's offense. I'm more bothered by the team coming out flat 90% of the time.

Reaction Score
Terribly coached game. From bizarre start to lack of play call at end of game. What was that. A game we should have won. This was not a game dedicated to just Ryan Boat right. We needed a win.
How sad were you last year? You must have HATED that Ollie lead us to title number 4. Hated it.

When things go bad the roaches and trolls come out, by next year when we are a great team again, you will be gone, and this place will be better.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score

How many highs were there this year exactly?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom