Ollie: "We need Boatright to have a 3/1assist-to-turnover ratio.We need him to take care of the ball | The Boneyard

Ollie: "We need Boatright to have a 3/1assist-to-turnover ratio.We need him to take care of the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Oh man I love Omar and his game is really nice for a freshman.......but he just played AIC and Lowell and while KO got him early for the flex, now he needs to let him know how to handle the media.....hey he's a kid I get it and happy for his success, going to be a real nice 3 year player but Mich State will be a different problem.......no more 6'4" / 6'5" forwards on the interior and slower smallish guards.......I know he'll be good and has that knack of working off the ball and getting open, but the A game will certainly be required Friday night!!

Reaction Score
3:1 ratio????? Oh man....2:1 is considered solid.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
So is KO saying that Boat is going to be playing more of a pg role? He definitely did against UML yesterday. I was there, and realized that Bazz didn't come back in after he was substituted early in the first half. Was it his knee or whatever still causing issues? Or was KO just giving Boat some experience being the leader on the floor?

Regardless, he is going to be a huge play maker for us, and definitely needs to take care of the ball. Too many ohshitidroveinthelaneandthisgiantdudehaswaybetterpositionthanmesoilljustohshitilosttheball happened against a team that really wasn't big and obviously didn't have the defensive abilities that the majority of the teams we face this year will have.

Also, DD really needs to work on his spacing and moving without the ball. He was straight up in people's ways yesterday and was just standing around too much.

NG was the MVP yesterday for sure.

Reaction Score
Shabazz had 2 fouls in the 1st half, besides that it's been talked about since the summer that Boat was going to be the primary PG and Bazz would be playing more off the ball.

So is KO saying that Boat is going to be playing more of a pg role? He definitely did against UML yesterday. I was there, and realized that Bazz didn't come back in after he was substituted early in the first half. Was it his knee or whatever still causing issues? Or was KO just giving Boat some experience being the leader on the floor?

Regardless, he is going to be a huge play maker for us, and definitely needs to take care of the ball. Too many oh****idroveinthelaneandthisgiantdudehaswaybetterpositionthanmesoilljustoh****ilosttheball happened against a team that really wasn't big and obviously didn't have the defensive abilities that the majority of the teams we face this year will have.

Also, DD really needs to work on his spacing and moving without the ball. He was straight up in people's ways yesterday and was just standing around too much.

NG was the MVP yesterday for sure.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Shabazz had 2 fouls in the 1st half, besides that it's been talked about since the summer that Boat was going to be the primary PG and Bazz would be playing more off the ball.

It was interesting though that Bazz seemed to have the ball in his hands the majority of the time during the first game.

Reaction Score
It was interesting though that Bazz seemed to have the ball in his hands the majority of the time during the first game.

Yea I noticed the same, not sure how it was yesterday since I didn't see the game.

Reaction Score
Boat is super quick but lacks team tempo. The motor needs to be in sync with team. If KO can get into this kids head the ins and outs of a PG, he will be really special, and Uconn will too.

Reaction Score
the first game i also felt that bazz had the ball in his hands alot and didnt push the ball...the defense was able to set up by the time he made it to the other end...i am not sure if that is because of his injury or not but it looks alot like what he did last year...atleast we are running half court plays this season though TO rather than wait and jack up a 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom