Ollie v Calhoun | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie v Calhoun

C

Chief00

This a totally unfair comparison. Like him or not, if there is no Calhoun, there is no nothing. Comparing Ollie to a legendary Hall of Fame Coach is going to come up short. no matter how you slice it.

Ollie is a rookie basically, he is still growing into the job. he has had proud moment, and ugly moments, and I think there will be more coming of each.

Let the guy breath, and determine what he is, or isn't, that has not been defined yet.

Coaches are measured by wins and losses, period. No one goes to the Hall of Fame because he is a good guy, the players love him, etc. They go because they were above and beyond the ordinary, IN WINS!

Like any other leader, your only as good as those you surround yourself with, including the players. Everyone was praising last year's incoming class, and the MAL catch for this year, unfortunately, circumstances of Ollie's own doing, or not his own doing, have changed the calculus.

Our team has not been fully assembled yet, so let's see what the roster looks like in October, and let's get a feel for how that roster is performing come January, then March. let's see how the 2018 class starts stacking up.

To his credit, Ollie never used the injuries as an excuse. It was Murphy's law this year, what could go wrong did, and those circumstances kept piling on. perhaps the bleeding has stopped now. All it will take to get everyone on board is one big recruit, and the narrative, for the moment will take a breather.

I'm not a fan of Calhoun, his personality was a bit rough, I am a fan of what he did here, for he changed everything, for that I love the guy.

I'm not in or out of the Ollie camp, not an apologist, or a naysayer. I love some of the things he has done, and question some others. He has a chance to answer some of the questions I have, I'm patient enough to wait for those answers. he has of his own doing, or just of bad circumstances, now gone under the microscope, he knows this, we will see what he has got soon.

You obviously don't know Jim Calhoun. Your comment about his personality is off the mark.

Reaction Score
Careful readers will note that he's not making a comparison between Ollie and Calhoun. Instead, he has written that his act of comparing itself is going to come up short. If the RUSS is trolling for pay to put food on the table, I can't begrudge him for needing follow-up work now that the Presidential election cycle has altered the paid social media comments landscape, but, any other answer to the query, "Then why bother?" makes no good sense.
He was encouraging comparisons and more criticism of Ollie otherwise why post it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom