Ollie the favorite for OKC if Brooks is gone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie the favorite for OKC if Brooks is gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
4-5 million buyout as well as a contract that would probably run 3-3.5 million per season. Probably around 6 years, since that is was Stevens got from Boston. I don't think OKC wants to pay that.
OKC is not LA, not Boston, not the Knicks - they wont pay that kind of money - why do you think they have hung onto Brooks so long?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
OKC is not LA, not Boston, not the Knicks - they wont pay that kind of money - why do you think they have hung onto Brooks so long?
They have hung onto Brooks this long for a couple reasons. For one thing, he was there when they drafted THREE current MVP caliber players within 3 years of each other. He was there when they developed those guys and went to the finals. As a result, the management can argue a type of correlation between the presence of Scott Brooks and the franchise meteoric success. Also, this year's injuries made it impossible to compete.

That being said, if the front office actually believes the things I wrote above and didnt fire him they'd all be morons who would deserve every ounce of pain that will come when KD and Westbrook leave when their contracts are up. That man simply cannot coach; despite having an injured KD this year, Westbrook winning the scoring titles and being a top-3 MVP candidate is enough to at least get to the 8 seed in the West. He has to go, but I hope to god they dont touch Ollie.

Reaction Score
Why don't the mods give Chief a facebook or twitter link at the top here so we don't have to field these questions?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm surprised ESPN doesn't make it their top headline, considering how invested they are in seeing UConn disappear from the face of the earth ;)

Anyway, it's a great rumor for every coach/recruiter going up against UConn. "Hey, you don't believe me? Look at this headline from The-Boneyard, which is UConn's own fans. Says Ollie is leaving for OKC right there!"

Reaction Score
I'm surprised ESPN doesn't make it their top headline, considering how invested they are in seeing UConn disappear from the face of the earth ;)

Anyway, it's a great rumor for every coach/recruiter going up against UConn. "Hey, you don't believe me? Look at this headline from The-Boneyard, which is UConn's own fans. Says Ollie is leaving for OKC right there!"

In all seriousness...I only know of eight or maybe nine high major BCS D1 coaches from other schools that read this board regularly. So it is not as many as everyone thinks. :( Sorry to be so bearish on that#. This is a great board though.

caw

Reaction Score
In all seriousness...I only know of eight or maybe nine high major BCS D1 coaches from other schools that read this board regularly. So it is not as many as everyone thinks. :( Sorry to be so bearish on that#. This is a great board though.

I had the count at 10, but maybe Jim Boeheim doesn't count, :-p

Reaction Score
I had the count at 10, but maybe Jim Boeheim doesn't count, :-p

No lie and Chiefster would be beyond proud of me. I used to hang with JB at the Farmington Marriot way back in the day. Ok maybe "hang" is to strong of a word. Cuse used to stay there. He was not unfamiliar with the Bone-Yard. I think his wife Julie introduced it to him. :) Caw you are way to perceptive. It is a long story but it all started....while Jim was at the newsstand on ground level back in the day. :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is the Boneyard. 85% of us will drive ourselves nuts with anxiety until the day comes when we have absolute evidence that he is not leaving. A few months after that a few stray posters will question whether we would fire him.

Reaction Score
KO needs to come out loud and proud quashing any rumor of him to the NBA immediately. Silence is not good with all of these kids they are recruiting, Shonn Miller especially and he needs to assure people he loves being the Husky coach, unless of course he would talk/walk to OKC?

C

Chief00

I think this year there may be a reason KO may decide the NBA is the best option. I am not predicting it but there is a new factor that may be bias in that direction. I hope it doesn't play out that way.

Reaction Score
I think this year there may be a reason KO may decide the NBA is the best option. I am not predicting it but there is a new factor that may be bias in that direction. I hope it doesn't play out that way.

No lie, I spent 3-5 minutes considering this post until I noticed the poster. Please, don't forget to begin all posts "quite frankly" to save us some time.

Reaction Score
KO needs to come out loud and proud quashing any rumor of him to the NBA immediately. Silence is not good with all of these kids they are recruiting, Shonn Miller especially and he needs to assure people he loves being the Husky coach, unless of course he would talk/walk to OKC?

I wish you were his agent. :) $. BTW his agent and the divorce attorney I feel for the guy. KO needs to land Miller and then go back to Italy and have some fun. :) Maybe bring a few Bone-Yarders with him??? :)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just read Dom Amore's take on this. Nothing that hasn't been discussed here, but if you visit the webpage you'll notice that Chap went on one of his rants in the comments section and someone replied with "I think you may be right." :eek:

Reaction Score

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't see KO as an NBA candidate this year. I don't think his 14/15 sideline mannerisms will play well at the next level

Kevin needs to get his mojo back, I trust he will, and I'd be happy to worry he's a target

I'm just not worried this year

Reaction Score
Ollie's got a great background with that club, but outside of that (and yeah sure - it's meaningful) I feel like he's a few deep in the 'to the NBA' line and guys like Squid and Donovan would get consideration before him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom