Ollie Speaks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie Speaks

Reaction Score
Probably true, but reality is, with so many team members new to system, to each other and to college BB, some coming back from injuries and being away from competition for awhile, considering the fair number of strong teams early in our schedule, when the team gels and plays its best (however good that develops into) will occur probably after early to mid January.
Who are all these early teams we play that we should expect losses from? Oregon and Syracuse are way down this year, I don't see any reason why we should lose to them. Of course Arizona will be incredibly tough to beat. Auburn?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't believe anyone gets pumped up by Ollie's talk anymore. Let's see some action.

I can’t believe this time if year that anyone wouldn’t get pumped up to be honest. But we are the BY and there will be duds every year.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Last year we were all surprised by Vital, and to a slightly lesser degree by Jackson. I think the play of several members of this years squad will surprise, and it always puzzles me when I read pessimism on players before they even tie their shoes simply because of their recruiting rankings. Use your eyes too, you've watched enough basketball by now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Last year we were all surprised by Vital, and to a slightly lesser degree by Jackson. I think the play of several members of this years squad will surprise, and it always puzzles me when I read pessimism on players before they even tie their shoes simply because of their recruiting rankings. Use your eyes too, you've watched enough basketball by now.

I'm feeling good because I think we have some very good players, and we have enough spaghetti to throw it against the wall and see what sticks. Somebody is going to be an upside surprise, we just don't know who. My guess is that's why KO is hedging. It may take some time to settle on a rotation.

Side note: the Courant has the worst website access. Just awful.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
0848EAEB-6B0E-4AA8-B92E-3EF8EBDEA4D8.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member