Ollie post game interview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie post game interview

Reaction Score
His hollow platitudes are just cringe inducing at this point. I feel like I'm watching a caricature of a head basketball coach.

Google Ollie Jon Rothstein podcast and have a listen.

Reaction Score
To be fair, this was a trap game. KO said a "great" Monmouth team is coming in next.

He has a point. Columbia is now 1-5. Monmouth is 3-4. Hold on to your butt.
I found that odd too. I wasn’t sure of the schedule at the time he initially said it and figured he was referring to Syracuse but then he mentioned Monmouth lol...

Reaction Score
To be fair, this was a trap game. KO said a "great" Monmouth team is coming in next.

He has a point. Columbia is now 1-5. Monmouth is 3-4. Hold on to your butt.
He called Columbia “great” too. Can’t make this stuff up.

Reaction Score
When you have to go to overtime at home to beat a bad Ivy league team, it is pretty bad.

There is talent on the roster, but I really fear the outcome against some of the tougher teams on the schedule. I would love to feel good about the remainder of the season, but that seems like quite a stretch given what we have seen over the past week.

Reaction Score
His hollow platitudes are just cringe inducing at this point. I feel like I'm watching a caricature of a head basketball coach.
Never thought I'd compare Ollie to Diaco - but it's showing. I know we all eat up the ollie-isms just like we did Diaco's BS. All talk. Certainly looks in over his head.

It was cringe-inducing all along, but he was able to back it up with enough wins (and some enormous ones at that) at the beginning that we found it endearing instead of annoying.

Reaction Score
When you have to go to overtime at home to beat a bad Ivy league team, it is pretty bad.

There is talent on the roster, but I really fear the outcome against some of the tougher teams on the schedule. I would love to feel good about the remainder of the season, but that seems like quite a stretch given what we have seen over the past week.
The UConn fanatic in me still says we can have a good season and make the tourney. But this team needs something or someone to wake them up because it’s clear Ollie isn’t going to do it

Reaction Score
Have no clue about this Monmouth team but they were a well regarded team very recently and flirted with an at-large, so no reason to take them lightly even if we were good.

As far as KO, what can u say.... I hope God is watching the current resident of the W House closely & not worried about the outcome of Nov college BB games.

Reaction Score
He has been and I was @whaler11 biggest critic. He was right, I was wrong. I believed in KO but the evidence is too obvious to ignore at this point
Huskybass, tenspro2002 and others were ridiculed as well but now even the strongest apolliegists have seen the light and owe them an apology. This is a poorly run program that sinks to new depths with each season.

Reaction Score
Huskybass, tenspro2002 and others were ridiculed as well but now even the strongest apolliegists have seen the light and owe them an apology. This is a poorly run program that sinks to new depths with each season.

Last year Ollie had tons of defenders. I️ was very critical of him last year and was often ridiculed.

Now 7 games into this year and almost everyone has abandoned their support for him. Nothing has Changed though. The same issues we’ve had the last few years are there this year. Nothings new. So why has everyone abandoned ko when it was no less obvious that he isn’t cut out for the job last year?

I️ said it all last year. People were using injuries as an excuse, ignoring that we still had plenty of talent left over and moreso than most of our aac counterparts.

I don’t understand the sudden change when we aren’t seeing anything new this year that we haven’t seen before. It’s just a new cast of characters.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Anyone comparing KO to Diaco or our basketball program to our football program needs to take a walk and then have a psychiatric evaluation.

Apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
We can all agree this is a mess and AD Dave has his work cut out for him. UConn understands the importance of athletics and will miraculously solve our issues.... I hope :confused:

Reaction Score
5-2. Lot of travel, banged up. No Larry Bird or Magic on team, much less 2014 Bazz or Daniels (yet). Looks to me like guys are trying, have some talent and better shooting would make whole lot of difference.
I like positive coach after win. Still see upside, long season.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
5-2. Lot of travel, banged up. No Larry Bird or Magic on team, much less 2014 Bazz or Daniels (yet). Looks to me like guys are trying, have some talent and better shooting would make whole lot of difference.
I like positive coach after win. Still see upside, long season.
We are 7 games in and have beaten everyone we should have beaten, which is an achievement, given we have 4 returning players. Glass half full.
I'm still holding out hope that Jalen takes this team by the scruff of the neck, and leads us to the NCAA tournament.
All it takes is to not come out of the gate losing 18-7 every game, and we will be viable.

Reaction Score
Last year Ollie had tons of defenders. I️ was very critical of him last year and was often ridiculed.

Now 7 games into this year and almost everyone has abandoned their support for him. Nothing has Changed though. The same issues we’ve had the last few years are there this year. Nothings new. So why has everyone abandoned ko when it was no less obvious that he isn’t cut out for the job last year?

I️ said it all last year. People were using injuries as an excuse, ignoring that we still had plenty of talent left over and moreso than most of our aac counterparts.

I don’t understand the sudden change when we aren’t seeing anything new this year that we haven’t seen before. It’s just a new cast of characters.
In light of last year’s injuries, I think most of us wanted to give him one more year with a full roster to prove he has the goods. Now that we’re seeing the same traits for the fourth consecutive year; flat starts, lack of an offensive game plan, lack of heart, poor adjustments, repeated national blowouts.... people are officially fed up.

As I’ve said before, I feel the strong majority of us want to see the program return to its glory days with KO leading the charge, but 100 plus games of evidence tells us it’s just not meant to be.

Reaction Score
This team reminding me of OKC Thunder. Have some great pieces but not clicking to expectations/potential. Just a mess.

Reaction Score
He also said that he loves this team because they don’t give up. I don’t know, sure looks like they did last game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom