Ollie Needs... | The Boneyard

Ollie Needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To take a leave.

Before it was public knowledge that him and his wife were separating I made mention to friends of mine that something was wrong with Kevin.

This year there for not seem to be the fire on the sideline as there has been the last two years. Tonight, when AB gets his fifth foul, Kevin does not get into the refs. The countless non call over the backs and still nothing. He seems emotionally exhausted.

I hope everything with the guy is okay. He bleeds blue and is the man for the job. He needs to work out his personal life though. To me, he just seems off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This has little to do with the game tonight. His body language over the last month has told the story.

Reaction Score
This has little to do with the game tonight. His body language over the last month has told the story.

The divorce papers were filed many months ago.

For the first month of the season, there were threads on here referring to Ollie as a spazzed wild man on the sideline.

Many other fans noticed it. he was Cronin-like sometimes. Well, not that bad.

If you recall, Ollie was much like this for parts of last season.

Reaction Score
When I'm frustrated with things I play possum. Especially at work. If I sit with my head planted in my hands while at work, watching my team struggle, I would be sent on a vacation to get my together.

Reaction Score
Team is in disarray and Ollie seems to be disconnected from this team. I hope they turn things around.

Reaction Score
When I'm frustrated with things I play possum. Especially at work. If I sit with my head planted in my hands while at work, watching my team struggle, I would be sent on a vacation to get my together.

I guess everyone is like you! In your mind.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
To take a leave.

Before it was public knowledge that him and his wife were separating I made mention to friends of mine that something was wrong with Kevin.

This year there for not seem to be the fire on the sideline as there has been the last two years. Tonight, when AB gets his fifth foul, Kevin does not get into the refs. The countless non call over the backs and still nothing. He seems emotionally exhausted.

I hope everything with the guy is okay. He bleeds blue and is the man for the job. He needs to work out his personal life though. To me, he just seems off.

tim duncan got divorced and won the championship last year?

but i do agree. ollie doesn't have that same fire but this team isn't last year's team and he knows it better than any of us.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Ok, ok, I was worried who would say the dumbest thing tonight, but we can just stop the contest here, folks.

Lose 2 games they were underdogs in and the season's over and the coach needs to go away. lol.

Reaction Score
Ah, u guys are all right. Ollie seems exactly like himself. I'm sure the custody battle for his children is not weighing on his mind. , it should be and if it is not then there is a bigger problem than UConn losing.

The seasons a loss. Go fight for your children and leave the team in the capable hands of the assistants. Iron your out and come back energized.

Reaction Score
Upstater, not to call you out when you want to spout off false facts at 11:15 pm on a Sat night but the divorce papers were filed about 45 days ago, public info., ya know? As I mentioned in another thread, it is pretty obvious Ollie does not have all his focus on his job right now. Though this is not an Ollie bashing post, just correcting people who spout off false information to the public.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Go fight for your children .

How do you know he isn't? Ass hat.

Oh yes, by all means, let's turn the reigns over to Glen Miller, that's brilliant. Oh, maybe it can be Karl Hobbs, the guy who hasn't been a decent head coach in a decade? Or maybe the three alums who have token jobs on the staff but no specifically outlined purpose?

Reaction Score
In not sure anyone said he isn't fighting for them. It was more saying or 100% of your efforts toward that cause.

Reaction Score
JTLAW said:
Upstater, not to call you out when you want to spout off false facts at 11:15 pm on a Sat night but the divorce papers were filed about 45 days ago, public info., ya know? As I mentioned in another thread, it is pretty obvious Ollie does not have all his focus on his job right now. Though this is not an Ollie bashing post, just correcting people who spout off false information to the public.

A lot of people agree that Ollie isn't right. My post wasn't a bash on the guy either. Just something doesn't seem right. He seems exhausted. And his exhaustion doesn't appear to be motivating the team.

Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with Ollie as a coach or his demeanor. He's just frustrated because he knows he can't find consistent production from anyone besides Boat.

Cassell Jr wouldn't be the best player at CCSU, Purvis is wildly inconsistent and even when he plays well he makes a ton of crucial mistakes, Brimah has largely disappeared anytime we've played a high-major quality opponent, Hamilton has worn down lately, Samuel doesn't really do anything well aside from defense, Facey shows some promise but is truthfully 2 years away from being someone to hang your hat on...

None of that has anything to do with Ollie and his personal life. He's clearly just frustrated knowing that no matter what he tries to teach and what adjustments he makes to playing rotations, nobody has really stepped up and played like they want to make a living playing this game.

Reaction Score
I encourage you guys to play one of two games.

Game 1
Drink every time you see Ollie on his feet motivating the team. I promise you that you will not get drunk.

Game 2
Drink every time you see Ollie sitting with his head in his hands. I promise you will be plastered.

I really like the guy and an happy that he is the coach at UConn, just something doesn't seem right.

Reaction Score
The divorce papers were filed many months ago.
Upstater, not to call you out when you want to spout off false facts at 11:15 pm on a Sat night but the divorce papers were filed about 45 days ago, public info., ya know?
Yup - Public Info ~~ 11/19/14.

... and the divorce process isn't causing the unforced errors/turnovers, lack of toughness, lack of offensive rebounds or missed free throws (not tonight but previous games).

Reaction Score
Generally the day the divorce papers were filed has little to do the decision to divorce and all the emotional turmoil that goes with it. Hard to know but my guess would be that the process began over a year before the papers were filed. The filing date was anticlimactic.
How is this effecting his job? I have no idea and neither does anyone else.

Reaction Score
Danzz said:
Generally the day the divorce papers were filed has little to do the decision to divorce and all the emotional turmoil that goes with it. Hard to know but my guess would be that the process began over a year before the papers were filed. The filing date was anticlimactic.
How is this effecting his job? I have no idea and neither does anyone else.

Would a reasonable person believe that a divorce could have an emotional impact on a person? Would that same person believe that if so, the persons distress may be affecting their work, especially if things were not going to plan?

Reaction Score
I do agree that the divorce is weighing on his mind as you see lack of passion on the sidelines from him this year compared to last. Though I think the real reason is that he realizes that this year's team isn't as talented as last year's team. We are what our records says. 9-7 and trending the wrong way. Unfortunately without another ball handler and scorer to help out RB it is going to be a tough year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom