Ollie Discrimination Lawsuit | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Ollie Discrimination Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I used to be a big Ollie supporter but he has officially hit rock bottom. It’s sad because he won’t be welcome at UConn now for a very long time (if ever). He made some poor choices in the lawyer department which really hurt him. He should be suing his lawyers rather than going after UConn. UConn should have just paid him $2-3M to go away. Who knows maybe they tried to and it was turned down. We have our future coach and the public damage has already been done. My gut tells me when the smoke clears this whole race card thing will hurt Ollie more than it hurts UConn. No one is going to hire him after this.

Down the road, no one will care about the race card play, unless it results in a payout.

Reaction Score
I personally don't think Ollie was fired for racist reasons. I however also for one second don't believe he was fired for NCAA infractions either. Both sides can be rightfully called out for stretching things. The reality is that UConn fired KO for performance issues as he did not win enough games (unlike Calhoun). The school however did not want to pay him what would be due to him under those circumstances. They therefore used the just cause reasoning to get rid of him without having to pay him the 10M+. That reasoning has now painted the school into a corner as it opens itself up to accusations of treating employees (who happen to not be of the same color) differently. That is the sad state of affairs that now exists since a settlement was never reached.

100% I have no idea what may have been offered but if there was an offer of some significant portion of the buyout, it would seem to be a huge career risk to turn it down in favor of pursuing a discrimination case unless you had something clear cut. I guess that remains to be seen, but this just reinforces that a settlement would appear to have been a better option for all involved.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Are you really this dense? If so, don't apologize. It's not your fault.
No, not dense. Notice I chose not to respond in kind. The worst part of this thread is people can't seem to disagree without trying to belittle someone. Welcome to the club.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
16 pages later - this has run its course. Nobody is going to convince a blue to be a red or vice versa. You've all had enough blather. Locking this baby up and don't start another without NEW information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom