Ollie Conjecture - Can you all just stop for a week? | The Boneyard

Ollie Conjecture - Can you all just stop for a week?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Seriously - everybody has heard the arguments for and against. Whichever camp you're in, you aren't changing the mind of anyone from the other camp.

A couple of tweets from a conversation with Benedict has spawned an equal amount of he's staying, he's going thread that is going on 7 pages.

Yes, I understand its a fan page and people want to discuss things, but all you are doing is fighting a civil war with your brothers.

Unless someone has some real inside information, can we all just stop speculating for a week or so and stop attacking each other?

I have my own opinion about what will happen, but there's no use in sharing that as I have no actual clue and half of you will attack me for that opinion.

Seriously, just stop for a bit.

Reaction Score
Unless someone has some real inside information, can we all just stop speculating for a week or so and stop attacking each other?

so you don't respect Chief?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
People realize that reading and posting on the boneyard is a choice, right? If you are tired of the conjecture, log back on when you are ready for it. It really is that simple.
Yeah - I didn't really expect the concept to go over well - was just hoping that people could stop attacking people on different sides of the fence.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
People realize that reading and posting on the boneyard is a choice, right? If you are tired of the conjecture, log back on when you are ready for it. It really is that simple.

Yes it is a choice. But when some come on here to add some valuable info or learn about some valuable info and they need to sift through a bunch of BS, it is pretty frustrating and quite frankly a waste of time for all, including the ones fighting a constant uphill battle neither side will ever win. So either post something of substance or just let it go. It really is THAT simple.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yeah - I didn't really expect the concept to go over well - was just hoping that people could stop attacking people on different sides of the fence.

It's America in 2018. It's the new way of life.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Seriously - everybody has heard the arguments for and against. Whichever camp you're in, you aren't changing the mind of anyone from the other camp.

A couple of tweets from a conversation with Benedict has spawned an equal amount of he's staying, he's going thread that is going on 7 pages.

Yes, I understand its a fan page and people want to discuss things, but all you are doing is fighting a civil war with your brothers.

I have my own opinion about what will happen, but there's no use in sharing that as I have no actual clue and half of you will attack me for that opinion.

Seriously, just stop for a bit.
It's not just nit-picking to say that you asked two questions that can only be answered, "No," and already have been.

The first question (posed in the Subject) erred in pluralizing "you" by adding "all." At that point I'd have predicted that it wouldn't happen, even though I'm willing to *personally* pledge to suspend conjecture until after all conference tournaments have ended and all subsequent tournament selections have been made and all invitations have been issued and all brackets have been announced.

The second question asked about "we all," so unless literally everyone (yep, literaly) agreed, then the answer would be, "No," and we've already seen dissent.

So yes, it's too late, and what I'm about to propose is futile in its own way, but nevertheless, I am requesting each person who reads this to individually join me in my pledge not to conjecture for the next week, essentially on the same grounds jleves used to open the thread.

If you pledge *only for yourself*, we have a chance to reset the tone and learn who among us - irrespective of current position or passion - will join together in ceasing the Civil War, as it has been labeled.

Feel free to simply Reply to the newly posed question:

"Will YOU stop the 'Ollie Conjecture' for a week?"

My answer is YES.

Reaction Score
Isn't the purpose of the Boneyard speculation?

It's not a swap meet. It exists to give folks a place to exchange information and opinions. If you wish to avoid speculation, one must avoid message boards.

Reaction Score
It's not just nit-picking to say that you asked two questions that can only be answered, "No," and already have been.

The first question (posed in the Subject) erred in pluralizing "you" by adding "all." At that point I'd have predicted that it wouldn't happen, even though I'm willing to *personally* pledge to suspend conjecture until after all conference tournaments have ended and all subsequent tournament selections have been made and all invitations have been issued and all brackets have been announced.

The second question asked about "we all," so unless literally everyone (yep, literaly) agreed, then the answer would be, "No," and we've already seen dissent.

So yes, it's too late, and what I'm about to propose is futile in its own way, but nevertheless, I am requesting each person who reads this to individually join me in my pledge not to conjecture for the next week, essentially on the same grounds jleves used to open the thread.

If you pledge *only for yourself*, we have a chance to reset the tone and learn who among us - irrespective of current position or passion - will join together in ceasing the Civil War, as it has been labeled.

Feel free to simply Reply to the newly posed question:

"Will YOU stop the 'Ollie Conjecture' for a week?"

My answer is YES.
Holy crap. Really? :rolleyes: :D

Reaction Score
This is a message board. Its based on conjecture. While I agree that personal attacks, both to members of the basketball program and fellow posters, need to stop and are exhausting, voicing an opinion on whether KO should lose his job is fair game, especially on a message board. Taking a break from the most important topics, like whether or not the states highest paid employee is earning his income, eliminates 75% of what a message board is all about. His criticism is both warranted and should be discussed freely.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Taking a break from the most important topics, like whether or not the states highest paid employee is earning his income, eliminates 75% of what a message board is all about

Great this thread is already turned into something it was proposing to ask for a cease fire
JSMH

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Ollie conjecture won't go away until a formal announcement is made. Then there will be hadwringing for some and gloating for others.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So what's everyone supposed to talk about? The basketball?

There's not enough alcohol

This is the problem really. We have, at most, two games left. It's like rooting for a bad NFL team, by the end of the season, you're thinking about the draft, free agents, and maybe a new coach. Anything to take your mind off of the actual product on the field or court. We know who the incoming players are, and most of the outgoing, so the only thing left to talk about is the coaching situation.

I see very few posters "attacking each other". I see a lot of people attacking the arguments made by other posters, which is not the same thing. That's healthy discussion. People need to grow some thicker skin and realize that their ideas are fair game for criticism, and that it isn't personal.

Reaction Score
Stopping would have no bearing at this point. Ship has already taken on to much water.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see what happens to this place once the decision is announced.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see what happens to this place once the decision is announced.

I need to ask a serious question about that. So far I'd put people in three categories.
1. Kevin Ollie needs to go no matter what
2. While we need a a new coach, I think he'll be back because we can't afford a buyout
3. While he hasn't done a good job, I'd give him one more year.

Is there another category? Are there people who actually think he's done a great job? If not, then the only way the place goes crazy is if he is back.

Reaction Score
I need to ask a serious question about that. So far I'd put people in three categories.
2. While we need a a new coach, I think he'll be back because we can't afford a buyout

Is there another category? Are there people who actually think he's done a great job? If not, then the only way the place goes crazy is if he is back.

That has the makings of a good poll.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

I think the final category is people that think Ollie hasn't had a fair shot due to injuries, transfers, decommits, players that don't care, etc. I think people in this category would be upset if he doesn't get another shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom