Ollie called the Boneyarders out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
CddXCSnWAAAqHaI.jpg

Reaction Score
Where's the guy who said he knew from the beginning of the season this team wouldn't be any good? Maybe he was just a mojo builder after all? He duped me.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I don't really think people on here were that far off (most, at least). Ollie was making questionable calls and the team was playing far beneath its potential. From what we saw during the regular season, there was good reason to doubt, and he proved many wrong, so hat's off

Reaction Score
It's funny he is throwing shade at haters from a position of being bailed out by a miracle 3!

We are proud of these guys now though. Hope for more miracles.

Reaction Score
Ollie deserved the criticism he received. He also deserves to throw in any doubters face.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Where the hell is the nuance? Criticizing Ollie doesn't mean you want to "fire Ollie". He made mistakes. He knows it. He has the team playing much better, but unfortunately the screwups in several easily winnable games means we are a 9 seed instead of a 5-6. The path now runs through the #1 overall seed.

I think he's still growing and improving as a coach. Hope he is here a long time.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Where the hell is the nuance? Criticizing Ollie doesn't mean you want to "fire Ollie". He made mistakes. He knows it. He has the team playing much better, but unfortunately the screwups in several easily winnable games means we are a 9 seed instead of a 5-6. The path now runs through the #1 overall seed.

I think he's still growing and improving as a coach. Hope he is here a long time.
Good points. However what did he do to get the team to play much better? It is the end of the season. What happened during? I never complained about him less want him canned. Still. What did he do that he didn't during the season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sure, but people did want to fire him too.
exactly
there is a dolt in the chatroom today who never says anything positive about KO. JA committed a brain dead foul (not on the 3pt shot) and did it in front of KO (1st half). KO showed his disdain towards JA and immediately this dolt writes that KO was wrong to do this in front of the refs because, instead, KO should have been ragging on the refs to get an advantage. He was intimating that even though it was an evident screw-up, by KO letting his frustration at the player instead of the refs, somehow was showing the refs that he thought they were doing a great job.
I understand so little of this reasoning. Every time Memphis made a run, it was on KO. It was said that when Memphis got it to 4 that they wondered if UConn was in any kind of game shape? Did you not see 4 of the UConn guys sitting with 4 fouls? The fact that UConn played a 4OT game on Friday and a pressure packed game Saturday should never be considered, hell, KO doesn't know how to condition these guys.
Its this stuff that drives me crazy

Every loss was KO's fault, every negative thing was a direct result of a KO action.

I remember these same people eluding to, when AB got injured, that perhaps there was a conditioning question that may have caused a "freak" injury.

Do I think KO walks on water? Hell no BUT in 4 years he has produced 4 consecutive 20+ wins years (I know, an expectation) 1 league championship, how many championship game appearances and, oh yes, 1 NC (but that was with JCs guys so it doesn't count)

Reaction Score
I wanted to bump the "Does Ollie deserve to get fired" thread, but someone locked it . . . :)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
coach should not be reading the BY, and he should tell his players the same

and that's true for every school and every team

my guess is he's talking about bigger fish than us, no pun intended

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's funny he is throwing shade at haters from a position of being bailed out by a miracle 3!

We are proud of these guys now though. Hope for more miracles.

What a bunch of crap statements
Bailed out? If KO feels bailed out I would lose a ton of respect in him
You are proud of these guys NOW!!!!!???????
What a DB

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What's that? Fire Ollie? Say it again!
QkGDlyA.gif

That's the perfect GIF, by the way.

Look, I always go back to a few things that consistently tell me he should be our coach for a long while:

1) Studied under some of the greatest bball coaches of all time...including JC.
2) Recruits extremely well.
3) Maximizes match-ups.
4) Gets his team to play better ball as the year goes on.

What else can someone look for in a head coach? This year, we had a freshman and two grad transfers acclimate themselves into the starting lineup, and there were definitely growing pains. But I'll tell you what; I'm guessing nobody in Kansas is happy about having the Huskies on that 9-line today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom