Ollie 7-3 | The Boneyard

Ollie 7-3

Reaction Score
Remember Ollie is 7-3 this yr. Ed Cooley is 7-3 and Dan Hurley is 5-3. Between these 2 jokers. They have 2 NCAA wins in 18 yrs as head coach. Ollie and an improving team is the answer for the next 2 yrs. Not some coach whose ceiling is the round of 32

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Remember Ollie is 7-3 this yr. Ed Cooley is 7-3 and Dan Hurley is 5-3. Between these 2 jokers. They have 2 NCAA wins in 18 yrs as head coach. Ollie and an improving team is the answer for the next 2 yrs. Not some coach whose ceiling is the round of 32
1-3 in games that actually matter.

Reaction Score
Praise the lord!!!

Reaction Score
We were national champions less then 4 yrs ago. Won the AAC less then 2. Good class coming in 18 and expect a very better class in 2019. Ollie got the winning pedigree
With Calhoun's players. And records are deceiving without context. Go ahead and be a blind disciple. The rest of us use context and our eyes. For 3+ years the product has been crap. Could it get better? Maybe. Or maybe not. I would like to see what Hurley could do in a better conference, at a better school, with better facilities and better players. If Ollie doesn't show clear improvement, I would like to see what Hurley could do here. But you keep fighting the good fight. Who will be the last disciple standing, you or stainmaster?

Reaction Score
With Calhoun's players. And records are deceiving without context. Go ahead and be a blind disciple. The rest of us use context and our eyes. For 3+ years the product has been crap. Could it get better? Maybe. Or maybe not. I would like to see what Hurley could do in a better conference, at better school, with better facilities and better players. If Ollie doesn't show clear improvement, I would like to see what Hurley could do here. But you keep fighting the good fight. Who will be the last disciple standing, you or stainmaster?
Hurley had 8 Wagner and Northeastern type losses last yr in a team with 4 top 75 high school players. (They also had 2 other losses) He would never won 25 names in the AAC last yr. What this tells you is that even at the lowest point of Ollie's coaching career, Hurley's peak is no better

Reaction Score
Unless I am reading the schedule wrong we are soon to be 7-6. Cooley on the other hand is an absolute train wreck. His 3 Seniors are lifeless regardless of stats (I know a check for the guy that made a point yesterday regarding stats not telling the whole story). I mean geezus Cooley is making Ollie look like Red Auerbach (and Ollie is batting .199 in September with a hole in his glove).

"You see, in sports you have so many things that aren't expected. There's so much uncertainty. So when players find themselves in a situation where management has a great deal of integrity and they can depend on my word or anybody else's word in the organization, they feel secure. And if the players feel secure, they don't want to leave here. And if they don't want to leave here, they're going to do everything they can on the court to stay here." -Red Auerbach

Reaction Score
1-3 in games that actually matter.
Ollie is here next yr. The AD is not doing well with the football change and he will not blow the BB team up. Susan loves Ollie and that is more important. BTW, Edsel might not be here next yr

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yea I do but you won’t pay up
Wrong poster. That's sj. And for the record, we can't bet in money here (unfortunately), but I'll almost never lose money bets anyway (just ask sj). But a sig bet I will do.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Edsall will be here next year.

Your reading of Benedict and Herbst could not be more wrong.

Ollie has to win. I think he gets next year, but those two have seen behind the curtain and know why and how we got here.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Edsall will be here next year.

Your reading of Benedict and Herbst could not be more wrong.

Ollie has to win. I think he gets next year, but those two have seen behind the curtain and know why and how we got here.
He's not getting next year if we don't make the tournament, and it doesn't look good on that front right now.

Reaction Score
It's not really about wins and loses, at this point in time. It's about the quality of the product on the court. The team does not pass the proverbial eye test. Bad habits; unchecked. I still hold out hope, but the odds are not good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's not getting next year if we don't make the tournament, and it doesn't look good on that front right now.

There’s no such litmus test for this season.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Same ones who left the basketball training center funding short to the point where the last few million needed to be bonded out?
Yep. They won't cover the full cost of the buyout but at least a portion of it.

Reaction Score
It's not really about wins and loses, at this point in time. It's about the quality of the product on the court. The team does not pass the proverbial eye test. Bad habits; unchecked. I still hold out hope, but the odds are not good.

Kinda where I'm at. I want to believe the NC wasn't a fluke, and that the new faces will mesch, and that we'll find an identity and improve our shooting. But right now it looks like the Coaches haven't settled on anything except Jalen playing 40. Guys must be getting confused.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom