Ollie - 1st Technical | The Boneyard

Ollie - 1st Technical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reminds me of the scene in Goodfellas when the protagonist is arrested for the 1st time.

Welcome aboard Coach Ollie.

Reaction Score
That should be an offensive foul on Melvin.

And why wasn't it? Because of Ollie's tech. They are going to give him the business now.

This is probably why KO has avoided it all year.

Reaction Score
Always good to witness someone losing their virginity.

Reaction Score
It was a pretty weak one. He looked surprised and almost apologetic afterward.

Oh well, he'll get better.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
How is that NOT a flagrant. He made no attempt on the ball and took DD's legs out.

Reaction Score
They were probably only reviewing to see if Bazz threw a punch.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but it didn't seem to help. If you are going to get Teed up, it should influence the refs. He still doesn't know how to use a Tee.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was a pretty weak one. He looked surprised and almost apologetic afterward.

Oh well, he'll get better.
Agreed. After they T you up it's like bonus time. You can get some licks in for free. No point in taking advantage of it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am surprised it took this long. I figured he would want to get that out of the way a little sooner. I am fine with the T by the way. Ollie had to make it clear that just because he is a first year HC they can only go so far.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I think I remember Calhoun getting one when he coached.

Never happened. Calhoun was a lapdog to the officials and a champion of the cause of protecting scorer's tables.

Reaction Score
KO will figure it out...I think refs will respect him, but not sure he'll 'use' the T like JC did!;)

Reaction Score
From what I could tell, the technical was for being out of the coach's box, not for something he said. He didn't even think he earned it. You could see him saying, "Then just tell me to get back." Blaney was right by his side arguing it too. Miller was later talking to an official during a timeout pointing to the line on the court, likely talking about the T. This is a call you rarely see, especially this late in the season. Normally it comes up during the early games and exhibition season just as a reminder that there is a box you are supposed to stay confined to.

It was probably a matter of an official trying to enforce a rule on a rookie coach to keep him in line in future years before he becomes too much of a headache. Not sure it will make a difference.

Reaction Score
He was pissed at the way Boat was being played like a ping pong ball dow the other end trying to get to the hole and when I heard the whistle out of nowhere I was like a proud daddy.......it was like my son's first hoop on a 10ft basket at 4'11" lol..........

Actually he had a new stare which was impressive, not the "c'mon man" stare......it was the new KO GLARE which had a little JC in it.......as far as that play on the little man (who is a hack by the way) that's as dangerous as it gets in basketball and the referee's are pu**ies not to call that a flagrant - he has his back to the offensive player and walks into him already in flight backwards - wtf else does he think can happen......Bazz should have decked the little pr*ck!!! No place for that on the basketball court ever!

C

Chief00

There were words in JC's vocabulary not found in the dictionary - KO chooses not to use those words.

Reaction Score
There were words in JC's vocabulary not found in the dictionary - KO chooses not to use those words.

To each their own.......KO is beginning to use some he wishes not to though, not hard to read lips on occasion!

Reaction Score
From Duffy's notebook:

*If you bet the 26th game for Ollie’s first technical, you’re the winner (for the record, I had the second Big East game of next season). Ollie was T’d up about midway through the first half Saturday.
“I was almost at the halfcourt line — I don’t know why my assistant coaches didn’t grab me back, so I’m blaming them,” Ollie joked afterwards. “…(The referee) had to do it, I was way out there. I lost my mind for a second.”
Napier “congratulated” Ollie on the technical.
“I said, ‘give it up for coach Ollie, he got his first technical. He’s on his way to being coach Calhoun,’” Napier said with a laugh.

It appears he was arguing some calls but it was because of where he was, not what he said. Love what Bazz had to say.

Reaction Score
From Duffy's notebook:

It appears he was arguing some calls but it was because of where he was, not what he said. Love what Bazz had to say.

Holy what an awful call then..........has the idiot ever watched Cronin, Pitino and Buzz (the worst)? They play defense sometimes they are so far on the court..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom