Olivia Nelson-Ododa Highlights | The Boneyard

Olivia Nelson-Ododa Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that Charli Collier is in the fold, the attention of some UConn fans have turned to the question of whether the Geno can also bring in Olivia Nelson-Ododa. Here is a link to her sophomore highlights.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa's Highlights

It seems to me that these two girls do not play the same position. Charli is a true big-body next-Dolson type. While Olivia is a very thin-bodied wing. I’m not sure Our USA U17 coaches did not make an error in not playing them together. I can dream of these two making a formidable pair for UConn.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Now that Charli Collier is in the fold, the attention of some UConn fans have turned to the question of whether the Geno can also bring in Olivia Nelson-Ododa. Here is a link to her sophomore highlights.

It seems to me that these two girls do not play the same position. Charli is a true big-body next-Dolson type. While Olivia is a very thin-bodied wing. I’m not sure Our USA U17 coaches did not make an error in not playing them together. I can dream of these two making a formidable pair for UConn.
Is the bench long enough to seat all these players?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ono

Wahoo-Ono.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This truly is the only thing that interests me about recruiting and is something we will never have insight about. That is: When does the sphincter start to tighten for the top 100 when someone in their position commits to a school they are torn about. I can hear the coaches: There is always room for someone with your talent. Yadda.... yadda. Like the Gold Jacket gal at Baylor. Truth is you have to be very good and very smart to figure out where you want to be in a tightening field. AKA be quick or be dead.

Reaction Score
I find it difficult to visualize ONO playing long stretches at the 5 position. Of course she is only a Junior. In two years her body might change substantially.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I find it difficult to visualize ONO playing long stretches at the 5 position. Of course she is only a Junior. In two years her body might change substantially.

Nope. Not the way it is. String beans stay stringy.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is sort of strange to me that ONO has become such a topic here with little serious indication of interest on either side - it is early days yet, but until news of a visit either to campus or in home happens it seems a little premature. There are a fair number of other players in 2018 who have been much more actively associated with Uconn interest.

She is obviously a talented player, but ...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I wouldn't say Collier is a Dolson type--she reminds me more of a Tina Charles/Tamika Williams/A'ja Wilson blend. She has really good touch around the basket and a lot of polished nifty post moves. She has a strong build but isn't a big body like Dolson or Coates. She's strong, but not immovable. I think others are rated higher than her because they are longer, jump higher, are taller, etc. but I think Collier will be one of the 2 or 3 most polished players entering college in fall 2018.

Looking at Nelson-Ododa, she reminds me a bit of Brianna Turner. Long and lanky, has good handles for a post, looks to be a solid athlete and is a good shot blocker. She doesn't seem as polished as Collier and definitely isn't as smooth at this point, but she'll be a good one wherever she ends up. I could see their games complimenting each other, but I'd be surprised if UCONN nabs her too. I don't think the Huskies are on her final 5.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
We would be Hopelessly Devoted to her.
I find it somewhat unfortunate that she isn't the short, speedy type. Just so her nickname could be Greased Lightning

Reaction Score
I find it somewhat unfortunate that she isn't the short, speedy type. Just so her nickname could be Greased Lightning
But with her size, she should have no problem getting Physical.

Reaction Score
Is the bench long enough to seat all these players?
We lose two this year (Chong and TLaw) and two next year (Kia and Gabby) to graduation. So that's four spots that open up before the 2018 class steps foot on campus, and that assumes everyone that still has eligibility at that point remains at UConn for the rest of it which given recent history will more than likely not be the case. During the class of 2018's freshman season, KLS and Collier #1 will graduate. There will be spots open on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom