Olivia Nelson-Ododa Highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Olivia Nelson-Ododa Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Probably gonna catch some internet heat for this but I doubt ONO comes to UCONN! My 2cents (and that's all it is) she stays in south. I'd be surprised to see UCONN on her final list.
I do see GA going after another post player. Nalyssa Smith, Olivia Owens, or Danielle Cosgrove maybe to go along with Christyn Williams.

I have been a UCONN fan for more than 20 years and I never worry about too much on the bench. I think of the ridiculously talented 2000 and 2001 pressing teams. GA rotated players in and out and they were a fun bunch to watch.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We lose two this year (Chong and TLaw) and two next year (Kia and Gabby) to graduation. So that's four spots that open up before the 2018 class steps foot on campus, and that assumes everyone that still has eligibility at that point remains at UConn for the rest of it which given recent history will more than likely not be the case. During the class of 2018's freshman season, KLS and Collier #1 will graduate. There will be spots open on the bench.
Omitted Butler who departs either this year or next, so five spots available with 4 incoming commits in 2017-18 and 1 incoming in 2018-19.

Reaction Score
Just on videos alone....I am confident in saying we got the better of the two when all is said and done.
The heavy recruiting job Geno did on Collier would seem to support your conclusion. Geno gave her goals for each game? Do I understand he was in effect coaching her in high school? Let's not tell Nashville about this. But Olivia looks like a much different player than Charli. I think they could play together. But as one poster pointed out, There seems not to be any evidence of interest by UConn in Olivia or vice versa.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I find it difficult to visualize ONO playing long stretches at the 5 position. Of course she is only a Junior. In two years her body might change substantially.
I'm having much more trouble projecting her as a college wing, she will be a 4/5 hybrid like Brianna Turner at ND pictured here in HS.
BTHS.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just on videos alone....I am confident in saying we got the better of the two when all is said and done.
I would have to disagree. It's early. ONO had the better summer and moved to #1 in the class. Still plenty of time: almost 2 full season of HS basketball left + 1 more season of high level AAU ball left + USA basketball for each of the next two summers.

Reaction Score
I thought that I had read somewhere of UConn interest in Ododa, but I cannot find any such material now. Does anyone else remember any such report, or was that simply wishful thinking on my part.

Reaction Score
Well, we have this from the Athens Banner Herald (Athens Georgia) online site: "
"During the reception, basketball coach Brandon Thomas asked if he could share which schools have shown interest [in Olivia Nelson-Ododa].
He started local. Georgia. Georgia Tech. He started to move out. Tennessee, Florida, Florida State. Ohio State. Maryland. Notre Dame. UCLA. And finally, Connecticut, which has already made contact."
This was posted August 6, 2016.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I thought that I had read somewhere of UConn interest in Ododa, but I cannot find any such material now. Does anyone else remember any such report, or was that simply wishful thinking on my part.

WinderBarrow is led by the #1 ESPN Ranked girls player in the nation, Junior, Olivia Nelson-Ododa. Averaging 16 PPG and 10.6 RPG last year, Nelson-Ododa received multiple awards including Region 8-AAAAA Player of the Year and the Athens Banner-Herald Co-Player of the Year. She is being actively recruited by Ohio State, South Carolina, Duke, and UConn, among others.

Lakepoint Basketball Showcase Kicks Off with Elite Girls Match-Up

Reaction Score
WinderBarrow is led by the #1 ESPN Ranked girls player in the nation, Junior, Olivia Nelson-Ododa. Averaging 16 PPG and 10.6 RPG last year, Nelson-Ododa received multiple awards including Region 8-AAAAA Player of the Year and the Athens Banner-Herald Co-Player of the Year. She is being actively recruited by Ohio State, South Carolina, Duke, and UConn, among others.

Lakepoint Basketball Showcase Kicks Off with Elite Girls Match-Up
Thanks, Slu.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
What's with all of this Nelson-Ododa talk all of a sudden... Has there been active involvement between the two? Did she receive an offer or something?

I thought UConn was pursuing Shakira Austin at the 5.

I would prefer Geno Auriemma stay out of the Nelson-Ododa sweepstakes. ;)

Reaction Score
What's with all of this Nelson-Ododa talk all of a sudden... Has there been active involvement between the two? Did she receive an offer or something?

I thought UConn was pursuing Shakira Austin at the 5.

I would prefer Geno Auriemma stay out of the Nelson-Ododa sweepstakes. ;)
Are you hoping Dawn will deliver Ododa for South Carolina?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is sort of strange to me that ONO has become such a topic here with little serious indication of interest on either side - it is early days yet, but until news of a visit either to campus or in home happens it seems a little premature. There are a fair number of other players in 2018 who have been much more actively associated with Uconn interest.
She is obviously a talented player, but ...
.... there is hope for UCONN still because she also has not had in home visits with any other schools. ONO's mother accompanied her on last USA basketball trip and she seems like a very thoughtful lady. I believe it was Mom who decided no in home visits during the in home last period.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Perhaps Christyn Williams and a post.
@Charliebball , I can't find your post where you mentioned that Christyn Williams seems to have expanded her list of schools lately-At least I think it was you.
When did this happen relative to MW signing with UCONN? My best guestimate was that if MW signed CW would look else where. Do you agree?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Actually just got around to watching the Hilites NewCorn provided. Her HS team was mostly playing very small, overmatched opponents. I did not watch any USA ball with her team. I distrust scouting reports from the services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom