Olivia Miles to Irish | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Olivia Miles to Irish

Reaction Score
I don't think what you'r;e saying is accurate. You're saying the kid wouldn't commit to a HOF coach that had Ivey as the assistant but would commit to Ivey? Notre Dame was in the finals the last 2 of 3 years and the kid is holing out to play for MM but jumps to play for Ivey with even less regard for Notre Dame overall? I think you're making it up and reading into things you want to believe. These kids top goal is pro ball. The coach just took her team to the finals 2 of the past 3 years-- that's a hot commodity.

So how do you explain Miles committing AFTER the HOF coach leaves and the new coach comes? Recruiting is very relational, very relational and Ivey had ALL the relationship. The tradition of ND (and Alli Campbell) was the only reason Olivia still had ND in top 5. Trust me, I have inside info on this. Your completely ignoring all the issues Muffet has had the past 3-4 years. This past seasons disaster was EASY to see coming.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So how do you explain Miles committing AFTER the HOF coach leaves and the new coach comes? Recruiting is very relational, very relational and Ivey had ALL the relationship. The tradition of ND (and Alli Campbell) was the only reason Olivia still had ND in top 5. Trust me, I have inside info on this. Your completely ignoring all the issues Muffet has had the past 3-4 years. This past seasons disaster was EASY to see coming.
Ah... "Inside information". Explains everything!

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Ah... "Inside information". Explains everything!

Insider information without anything to back it up? My insider information says that anyone who claims they know something 100% without backing it up with a source is 100% making it up...wait a minute...does that mean I'm making it up too?

Reaction Score
Insider information without anything to back it up? My insider information says that anyone who claims they know something 100% without backing it up with a source is 100% making it up...wait a minute...does that mean I'm making it up too?

Exactly coco's point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I really think you all do not have a good feel for the past couple years recruits and ND recruiting among younger players. I’m telling you 100% Miles was in the fence with ND and Muffett’s personality was likely the roadblock. No way they told Miles the news of Ivey coming back and asked her to “wait” to announce. You don’t do that to recruits. Miles got to know Ivey almost exclusively through the recruiting process because Muffett was barely involved. Once Ivey got the job one “great zoom call” wasn’t needed cause Ivey had been doing it from the beginning with Miles.
So, you're saying while Ivey was working for Memphis she was still recruiting for ND ? I do find that hard to believe.

Reaction Score

What you're saying makes no sense on so many levels. For one thing UCONNKAT already gave you a reason - so why are you asking the question?

Secondly, I take it you are a ND fan? So you are coming on here on a UCONN site telling everyone that MM can't cut it anymore? A recent champion to boot?

Third, the "issues" she is having is "only" getting to the finals/wining a title and getting players into the pros? Those "issues?" The horror!!

Four, it just stretches realism to believe that despite a a kid's life dream of becoming a pro and despite loving the campus / school and other players (also "emotional points") -- in which the coach would probably help guide her into future pro level play, that she would shun all that and wait for a much more inexperienced/unproven coach instead.
Sure maybe a kid would like Ivey more-- but you have made all this sound like kids have been shunning MM for years and she's been riding the coattails from Ivey. What I think you are missing is that these kids are competitors. They want to win if they go to schools like UCONN and ND. Which leads me to #5.

Fifth - I think another possible explanation is you think you have inside information but someone has fed you major exaggerations. Emotion is important but so is winning and getting into the pros.

Sixth- on here we've had many people claim they have inside information. They didn't. I doubt you have it to the degree you think. For you to ask the question in bold and disregard the post from uconnkat looks like you're more into fighting. Fighting :) --- Irish. :)

Reaction Score
Fudd replied to Miles' instagram post congratulating her and with a green heart.

Any top recruit, like Fudd, doesn't want to be singular in committing to a program that isn't going to surround her with talent that complements her game. So I think there's a handful of programs atop that list, and I do think, without a doubt, Notre Dame getting a verbal from the #1 point guard in her class will be something that is appealing to Fudd.

Over and over in Miles' video interview from a few days ago, she kept using the term "relatable" to describe Niele Ivey. Someone who has played the point, played in the WNBA, who's young and fresh. Just like many describe Dawn Staley. But it made me wonder, if Miles liked Notre Dame, liked Stanford, liked UConn, but didn't find the Muffet's, Tara's and Geno's of the business as someone she can immediately connect or relate with.

So, in many ways, I think it's like joining a start-up business early on or after the change of leadership. For Miles, it's a chance to be part of something, a new era in Notre Dame women's basketball and by her committing, it jump starts the next wave with a lot of public positivity. I think there's excitement there and you couple that with the rich history of the program and the culture of the school as well as the strong academic/athletic tradition, it'll be interesting to see who lands there next.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some ND fans believe landing Miles will help them get Fudd
They can keep thinking that. Azzi has a professional plan. Her parents are basketball people. I just can't see them saying yeah let's try this new head coach and bet your career on this new head coach having it altogether on day 1.. .. This is business for them.

And before you all feeak out, I know she has a lot of coaching experience but being at the top of any organization is a learning experience at first no matter how much experience or being prepared you are.

Reaction Score
They can keep thinking that. Azzi has a professional plan. Her parents are basketball people. I just can't see them saying yeah let's try this new head coach and bet your career on this new head coach having it altogether on day 1.. .. This is business for them.

And before you all feeak out, I know she has a lot of coaching experience but being at the top of any organization is a learning experience at first no matter how much experience or being prepared you are.
Fudd betting her career on an unproven coach would not be a wise decision, but she may have enough talent that it doesn't matter where she plays college ball. I wouldn't pass up the best career development I could get for my profession though. You are right in that being the head honcho is way different than being a cog in the machine. Holly Warlick had three decades of on the job training learning from the best, and she quickly flamed out trying to follow an iconic coach. Name all of the big programs where the coach who follows a legend had comparable success. There are probably not many. Part of the problem is that the bar is set so incredibly high. When Geno retires, there isn't a coach in America that's going to be able to step in and win 87% of games and go 25 years without back to back losses.

Reaction Score
Fudd replied to Miles' instagram post congratulating her and with a green heart.

Any top recruit, like Fudd, doesn't want to be singular in committing to a program that isn't going to surround her with talent that complements her game. So I think there's a handful of programs atop that list, and I do think, without a doubt, Notre Dame getting a verbal from the #1 point guard in her class will be something that is appealing to Fudd.

Over and over in Miles' video interview from a few days ago, she kept using the term "relatable" to describe Niele Ivey. Someone who has played the point, played in the WNBA, who's young and fresh. Just like many describe Dawn Staley. But it made me wonder, if Miles liked Notre Dame, liked Stanford, liked UConn, but didn't find the Muffet's, Tara's and Geno's of the business as someone she can immediately connect or relate with.

So, in many ways, I think it's like joining a start-up business early on or after the change of leadership. For Miles, it's a chance to be part of something, a new era in Notre Dame women's basketball and by her committing, it jump starts the next wave with a lot of public positivity. I think there's excitement there and you couple that with the rich history of the program and the culture of the school as well as the strong academic/athletic tradition, it'll be interesting to see who lands there next.

What made you think that MM was not "relatable?" Or you don't know and just thought out loud?

And maybe this isn't a start-up company at all? Maybe the president from "Amazon" (ND is a premiere "Amazon-like company) is stepping down but the CEO is still there and the infrastructure is still in place. And the person coming out has super qualifications which nearly every big business wants and she is choosing the type of business and current work employees that she'd love to work with? Maybe it's as simple as that without the guessing that super coaches that recently won championships and have been to finals are "unrelatable?"

Reaction Score

Yes, coaches are very “relatable” when they’re able to show you that there is minimal competition at the position you play and that they really need you. ;)

Reaction Score
So, you're saying while Ivey was working for Memphis she was still recruiting for ND ? I do find that hard to believe.

no. But she was still recruiting of course. Her relationship with the recruits is everything! This is pretty obvious.

Reaction Score
What you're saying makes no sense on so many levels. For one thing UCONNKAT already gave you a reason - so why are you asking the question?

Secondly, I take it you are a ND fan? So you are coming on here on a UCONN site telling everyone that MM can't cut it anymore? A recent champion to boot?

Third, the "issues" she is having is "only" getting to the finals/wining a title and getting players into the pros? Those "issues?" The horror!!

Four, it just stretches realism to believe that despite a a kid's life dream of becoming a pro and despite loving the campus / school and other players (also "emotional points") -- in which the coach would probably help guide her into future pro level play, that she would shun all that and wait for a much more inexperienced/unproven coach instead.
Sure maybe a kid would like Ivey more-- but you have made all this sound like kids have been shunning MM for years and she's been riding the coattails from Ivey. What I think you are missing is that these kids are competitors. They want to win if they go to schools like UCONN and ND. Which leads me to #5.

Fifth - I think another possible explanation is you think you have inside information but someone has fed you major exaggerations. Emotion is important but so is winning and getting into the pros.

Sixth- on here we've had many people claim they have inside information. They didn't. I doubt you have it to the degree you think. For you to ask the question in bold and disregard the post from uconnkat looks like you're more into fighting. Fighting :) --- Irish. :)

geez. Your way over thinking this. I am very confident about what I’ve stated. And now... Sonia Citron. I suppose she was all in with Muffet too and was asked to wait? Of course not. I’m telling you, Ivey had all the relationship glue and now players and recruits are drinking the Irish juice!

Reaction Score
With Fudd most likely going to Louisville (Walz is making a huge push for her), it's not surprising that Notre Dame landed both Miles and Citron. Very good job by Coach Ivey

Reaction Score
I really believe Fudd is going to UConn because of her friendship with Paige

Reaction Score
I really believe Fudd is going to UConn because of her friendship with Paige
She's friends with some of the ND players too though, so that's not really indicative. All we've heard from Fudd is that "it would be fun to compete against Paige." Take that for what it's worth, but that's all we have from the proverbial horse's mouth.

Reaction Score
That's not all we've heard from Fudd.
I guess, but my gut says she's gonna be Boston Pt. 2. Shows up at lots of games, seems like the obvious choice, but at the last minute decides to go somewhere else for whatever reason whether it's ethnically authentic meals for her family or some other unforeseen detail overlooked by Geno and CD.

Reaction Score
She's friends with some of the ND players too though, so that's not really indicative. All we've heard from Fudd is that "it would be fun to compete against Paige." Take that for what it's worth, but that's all we have from the proverbial horse's mouth.
I’ve seen a lot of videos of them together or maybe I’m just exaggerating the number of times they’ve been together in my mind. Paige lives in MN, Azzi lives in D.C. —that’s a lot of miles apart to be together that often

Reaction Score
I’ve seen a lot of videos of them together or maybe I’m just exaggerating the number of times they’ve been together in my mind. Paige lives in MN, Azzi lives in D.C. —that’s a lot of miles apart to be together that often
Azzi's mother has family in MN close to Paige so they have hung out together for years and have attended bball camps together.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom