Old UConn Clips | The Boneyard

Old UConn Clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Was cleaning my home office today and found an old DVD of UConn clips from 82-96. Completely forgot where I got it from. Gonna try and get the whole thing on Youtube (its around 2 hours), but my initial pass was almost 8GB. Need to rethink the output format and possibly split it up. ;)

But split out this brief clip that has some cool moments.

Enjoy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I had forgotten DePriest's offensive game. Thanks for posting that was interesting.

Reaction Score
Was cleaning my home office today and found an old DVD of UConn clips from 82-96. Completely forgot where I got it from. Gonna try and get the whole thing on Youtube (its around 2 hours), but my initial pass was almost 8GB. Need to rethink the output format and possibly split it up. ;)

But split out this brief clip that has some cool moments.

Enjoy.

Thanks for posting. More please...keep them coming.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Depriest and Burrell just abusing Shaq there...

Reaction Score
How about the last basket by Smitty and they show the bench with a young Donny and KO there……..I forgot Smitty was there when they were!! Time flies…….thanks that was cool

Reaction Score
Great stuff!
Seller's elbow shiv to Laettner's head never gets old!

Love how the Duke guys back up Laettner... Wow, if that happened to one of our players the perp would be in a world of hurt.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Great stuff!
Seller's elbow shiv to Laettner's head never gets old!

That play is still the one instance I overlook sportsmanship and common decency in appreciation of the situation.

I'd excoriate players for pulling stuff like that in other situations, but against Laettner (and Duke), I still give 99% approval. Maybe 100%. I really despised Laettner at the time.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I had forgotten DePriest's offensive game. Thanks for posting that was interesting.

How often did you ever see Lyman shoot a corner jumper? Almost never. So some years after he graduated, I got to assistant coach him in a benefit game (I use the word "coach" lightly). He drilled one corner jumper after another. I asked him why he didn't shoot many more of them for UConn. His reply, every time he shot one during practice, this loud Boston-accented voice would yell, "You, get off the court." Now I don't know how consistent he would have been against good defenders, but he showed an eye that didn't show much during his UConn career and made me wonder why JC limited his role on O. Yeah, he played with guys like Smitty and Burrell, but what's wrong with another scoring option.? Real good guy, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom