Old time UConn wbb pic | The Boneyard

Old time UConn wbb pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I recall seeing a pic a few years back of an old time UConn wbb team, from maybe about 80-100 years ago. It had markings on it that seemed to indicate an undefeated season. I don't remember if it was here I saw it, or on CPTV, or somewhere else around the internet, or even in a UConn media guide. Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about? Would it be too much to hope somebody has a link to it online?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I recall seeing a pic a few years back of an old time UConn wbb team, from maybe about 80-100 years ago. It had markings on it that seemed to indicate an undefeated season. I don't remember if it was here I saw it, or on CPTV, or somewhere else around the internet, or even in a UConn media guide. Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about? Would it be too much to hope somebody has a link to it online?
This one from 1902?

wbb1902.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here's an article about the 1902 team.

J.B. Twing, athletic notes editor for The Lookout, wrote "Saturday afternoon the College Girls' Basketball Team played and won their first game in the College Hall before the largest attendance of the season. The Willimantic High School girls boasted considerably and were greatly surprised to find such a lively aggregation of agile young ladies."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom