OT: - Old Time Radio | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Old Time Radio

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I believe anyone under 60. My daughter will be 54 this month and she knows nothing about listening to those shows. They were over well before she was born.

uh oh........like you, I remember most of these later shows. So you know what that makes us?................ A couple of "old codgers". That's OK, because every day above ground is a good day, and we're still here. Life is good. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
AKA: Lamont Cranston, that wealthy man about town. The only person that knew the Shadow's true identity was the lovely Margot/Margo Lane. ;)

adee4ab3ecb5d849290c0e5ef0c7327d--famous-comedians-funny-comedians.jpg

Do you know this man???? :confused: His real name was Milton Supman. :eek:

Scoop- - -I went to a private HS in Manhattan near Carnegie Hall and one lunchtime 3 of my friends and I went to a near-by restaurant and who was sitting at the counter but SOUPY SALES! As teenagers we were ragging on him, "where was White Fang?" Luckily for him he was finishing up and could leave us brats there!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Scoop- - -I went to a private HS in Manhattan near Carnegie Hall and one lunchtime 3 of my friends and I went to a near-by restaurant and who was sitting at the counter but SOUPY SALES! As teenagers we were ragging on him, "where was White Fang?" Luckily for him he was finishing up and could leave us brats there!

A "window of opportunity" you guys just could not pass up eh? :D

Reaction Score
Hey Monte, remember Bob Steele occasionally giving the baseball scores.

“And we have just enough time for the baseball scores from yesterday - five to three, six to one, eight to four, one to nothing and seven to two.”

Believe it or not, the first couple of times he did it, I actually tried to guess which team went with which score! There weren’t nearly as many teams back then and if you knew who had pitched and which batters on which teams had a hot hand you could think you had a shot at it.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
AKA: Lamont Cranston, that wealthy man about town. The only person that knew the Shadow's true identity was the lovely Margot/Margo Lane. ;)

adee4ab3ecb5d849290c0e5ef0c7327d--famous-comedians-funny-comedians.jpg

Do you know this man???? :confused: His real name was Milton Supman. :eek:
Looks like Soupy Sales

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!!!!! Hahahahahahahahah.
The Shadow was one of my father's favorites. And I think your avatar quote is so appropriate for these times.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Probably considered "racist" by today's standards, as a kid I used to enjoy listening to Amos and Andy on the radio, as well as watching on TV.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
One of the best storytellers on the radio was Jean Sheperd! (of Christmas Story fame). I used to listen to him on the radio.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The Shadow was one of my father's favorites. And I think your avatar quote is so appropriate for these times.

Which is why the holidays are my favorite time of the year. It's the only time of the year when man will pull back on the reins of his inhumanity to man, and women's college basketball is in full swing. There are more "acts of kindness" performed during the holidays than any other time of the year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My radio memories are a bit different than most of you. 1) not as old and 2) not from the NE.

I grew up in Illinois listening to WLS out of Chicago with Larry Lujack and Tommy Edwards (also John Records Landecker and Steve Dahl - of the famous Comiskey Park Disco Demolition Night) Also I remember my dad listening to WSB (Welcome South Brother) out of Atlanta, GA when we lived down there.

Carnac

Reaction Score
"No, McGee! Don't open that door..!!"

If you've never listened to an episode of FM&M, treat yourself. I listened to this one and got several laughs. The humor in some of these shows is timeless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom