Old Orchard Beach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Old Orchard Beach

Reaction Score
Yes indeed - dont miss bouys on that Lake. We had a reef we had to avoid getting into our dock - could be tricky by the end of the summer.
Remember one year when the water was particularly high so they were letting water out. The channel between the Lake and Paugus Bay was one way due to the current. Had to wait your turn to go through
Tough navigating a rental pontoon through that channel upstream against the current. Been there. Done that.

Reaction Score
Tough navigating a rental pontoon through that channel upstream against the current. Been there. Done that.
The current xan be strong sometimes- depends how much water their letting out of the end of Paugus Bay in Lakeport. Their committed to a certain amount, but when the Lake is high it gets bad.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
The current xan be strong sometimes- depends how much water their letting out of the end of Paugus Bay in Lakeport. Their committed to a certain amount, but when the Lake is high it gets bad.
We'll head over one of motorcycle weekends, give us something to do away from the crush.

Reaction Score
We'll head over one of motorcycle weekends, give us something to do away from the crush.
The Weirs is hopping in June during Motorcycle Week Laconia. We always avoided travel to from then.
I remember about 20 years ago there was an International Hell's Angel's week while we were there. There were people from Europe, Canada - you name it. Some with family - some not. Was asked for shopping advice from a few who wanted souvenirs for their young kids.

Reaction Score
The Weirs is hopping in June during Motorcycle Week Laconia. We always avoided travel to from then.
I remember about 20 years ago there was an International Hell's Angel's week while we were there. There were people from Europe, Canada - you name it. Some with family - some not. Was asked for shopping advice from a few who wanted souvenirs for their young kids.
Remember that weekend well. Always spent most of our time in Center Harbor/Moultonboro Neck Rd area.. Too boring for the bikers.. Black Cat Island/Blueberry Island/Salmon Meadow.. Where the eagles hang out!

Got you by about 10 years on the Lake. Have been there since before the cigarette boats arrived!

Reaction Score
Remember that weekend well. Always spent most of our time in Center Harbor/Moultonboro Neck Rd area.. Too boring for the bikers.. Black Cat Island/Blueberry Island/Salmon Meadow.. Where the eagles hang out!

Got you by about 10 years on the Lake. Have been there since before the cigarette boats arrived!
My late husband went every summer of his life - the house was built by his grandfather in 1937. Boy those cigarette boats were annoying - sound, speed and total disregard for anyone else.

Reaction Score
My late husband went every summer of his life - the house was built by his grandfather in 1937. Boy those cigarette boats were annoying - sound, speed and total disregard for anyone else.
Kind of like those damm jetskis..Different size but still annoying

Reaction Score
I really like OOB. It can be busy and a little weathered in some areas but it’s an old seaboard town. Pristine is a few towns south if you must.
Nothing better than a quiet day on the enormous beach, a few beers on the end of the pier, dinner at The Landmark, and few arcade games with the family as you stroll around. I think I won a yo-yo for my wife with my arcade tickets. Big fun. Day trips, lunches to Portland, the outlets, Kennebunkport are easy. But you’ve gotta embrace the older, New England, seaside motel or you’ll not enjoy it.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score

That's where we are, just off the Neck Road. Truly the end of the lake. My wife's fam has been coming here her whole life. Working from the lake right now = looking out at the lake and Red Hill from my desk.

Reaction Score
That's where we are, just off the Neck Road. Truly the end of the lake. My wife's fam has been coming here her whole life. Working from the lake right now = looking out at the lake and Red Hill from my desk.
We were on the opposite side - my dock looked out at timber and mark

Reaction Score
Grew up in Maine (Falmouth) and went to OOB a lot as a kid. Much later, but many years ago, we took our kids there for a few days. I loved the fact you can get a place where you can walkout onto the beach. Especially fun with the kids in the evening when it seemed like we could have the beach almost to ourselves. I hope you go, and enjoy it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, Ogunquit and OOB are like 2 opposite ends of the spectrum of beach towns in Maine. Ogunquit and Kennebunkport are more my style.
Is that because OOB has the honky-tonk like arcades and fried dough? Ogunquit is really nice but I've never been in season. Yankee Magazine just named it the one beach not to miss in New England.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom