OT: - Oklahoma State Postseason Ban 2022 | The Boneyard

OT: Oklahoma State Postseason Ban 2022

Reaction Score
Total BS.

From Rothstein:

Boynton: ""I'm disappointed, disgusted, appalled, but somewhere in Indianapolis, there's a group of people celebrating...The message is clear. We had one $300 violation --- no failure to monitor. No lack of institutional control. No head coach control charge. No ineligible players playing. So if you have some of that stuff --- don't do what we did."

Two straight bad days for the NCAA, yet again confirming how there is no backbone in their leadership.

Reaction Score
No backbone, none of it makes any sense, never coherent in what they do or say. An overall disgrace.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
LMAO... the NCAA (as we already knew) is a joke. None of this surprises me any more.

Reaction Score
They are just going out with a bang. In case you weren't aware, the colleges and congress went after the NCAA investigators recently. They are on borrowed time, they've been told. The NCAA is no longer in the enforcement business. Tom McMillen has seen to that. The bill just needs to go through congress, and then this will all be over. I don't know what will come next but it's a brand new day. This was just a parting shot. I am sure they are laughing too.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm confused, and the story doesn't give a lot of clarity -- it says that the investigation centered around, in part, an ex-assistant that was at OSU that received a 10-year show-cause...but doesn't say what he did? Did he get the show cause for one $300 payment? Or did he do whatever bad thing he did while at another university?

Reaction Score
I'm confused, and the story doesn't give a lot of clarity -- it says that the investigation centered around, in part, an ex-assistant that was at OSU that received a 10-year show-cause...but doesn't say what he did? Did he get the show cause for one $300 payment? Or did he do whatever bad thing he did while at another university?
From the article just posted above

If you're unfamiliar, here's the backstory: the FBI caught former OSU assistant Lamont Evans accepting at least $18,150 in bribes to steer players at both Oklahoma State and his previous school, South Carolina, to certain agents and financial advisors. There is no evidence that he bought recruits. There is no evidence that he paid student-athletes to remain in school. The only player who is known to have ever received anything from Evans is Jeffrey Carroll -- and what he allegedly received was $300 that was subsequently paid back. Carroll served a three-game suspension for that transgression during the 2018-19 season

Reaction Score
The timing isn't ideal, but I don't think it's that unfair. The school got the penalties last June, over a year ago. This was just the denied appeal. Everyone knew for a while this was coming and all the players had free transfer opportunities this summer.

But I would agree that the penalties are rather harsh... Oklahoma St. might be the proverbial Cleveland St. in this FBI mess. They claim they cooperated, but apparently Evans did not and that aggravated the offenses. But how can OSU make a guy they fired cooperate?

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
NCAA is a joke. This is yet another example. Not sure when this nonsense will end!

Reaction Score
From the article just posted above

If you're unfamiliar, here's the backstory: the FBI caught former OSU assistant Lamont Evans accepting at least $18,150 in bribes to steer players at both Oklahoma State and his previous school, South Carolina, to certain agents and financial advisors. There is no evidence that he bought recruits. There is no evidence that he paid student-athletes to remain in school. The only player who is known to have ever received anything from Evans is Jeffrey Carroll -- and what he allegedly received was $300 that was subsequently paid back. Carroll served a three-game suspension for that transgression during the 2018-19 season
That's pretty bad.

There is no defense for this, and the school had to fire him, which it did. Profiting by steering college kids to agents is not something a university employee should do.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Hopefully kids will learn and take serious allegations of wrongdoing and not commit to schools like Oklahoma State, LSU, Arizona, and Louisville as the schools should be punished for cheating so blatantly. I am shocked to see high 4* players commit to these schools even as they are in jeopardy of not going to NCAA tournament. Hopefully this will be a wake up call. On the other hand I guess there is always the transfer portal.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
F Oklahoma State.

Don’t commit to schools where the FBI has taken an interest.

They should have been honest with their players and told them the appeal was unlikely to succeed so that the kids could have transferred…but they didn’t do that, did they?

So F them.

Reaction Score
Hopefully kids will learn and take serious allegations of wrongdoing and not commit to schools like Oklahoma State, LSU, Arizona, and Louisville as the schools should be punished for cheating so blatantly. I am shocked to see high 4* players commit to these schools even as they are in jeopardy of not going to NCAA tournament. Hopefully this will be a wake up call. On the other hand I guess there is always the transfer portal.
Considering that a whopping eight '19 and '20 HS recruits have stuck around despite the punishment speaks wonders to Boynton and what he's doing at Oklahoma State.

In the offseason, Oklahoma State they went the long game w/ their 2021 recruiting.

No '21 HS grads, but they acquired four transfers, all of which have four years of eligibility remaining and were all top-150 HS recruits, including top-25 recruits Cisse (Memphis) and Thompson (Kansas).

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Beginning on the end for the NCAA.
200.gif

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
F Oklahoma State.

Don’t commit to schools where the FBI has taken an interest.

They should have been honest with their players and told them the appeal was unlikely to succeed so that the kids could have transferred…but they didn’t do that, did they?

So F them.
This is so true. It’s rarely about the students. Just sad.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Hopefully kids will learn and take serious allegations of wrongdoing and not commit to schools like Oklahoma State, LSU, Arizona, and Louisville
I agree with you, yet he we are years later and 3 of the 4 schools noted above (I believe) haven't really been punished yet. Not even sure they will given how long this is taking.

Reaction Score
The NCAA alleged Thursday in a statement signed by three of its top leaders that some of its volunteer committee members and staff received "threatening and offensive messages" in the wake of a decision to uphold Oklahoma State's postseason ban. According to the NCAA memo, comments from Oklahoma State personnel identified NCAA personnel by name.

"This is unacceptable," said the statement, which was signed by NCAA president Mark Emmert, board of governors chair John J. DeGioia and board of directors chair Jere Morehead.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
The NCAA alleged Thursday in a statement signed by three of its top leaders that some of its volunteer committee members and staff received "threatening and offensive messages" in the wake of a decision to uphold Oklahoma State's postseason ban. According to the NCAA memo, comments from Oklahoma State personnel identified NCAA personnel by name.

"This is unacceptable," said the statement, which was signed by NCAA president Mark Emmert, board of governors chair John J. DeGioia and board of directors chair Jere Morehead.

While this is definitely wrong on the part of OK State, the ncaa is also to blame with their lack of transparency and lack of consistency when it comes to infractions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom